Florida

Where players gather to discuss the setting and game!
magick3six
Ungern

Florida

Post by magick3six »

Ok, am I the only person in Florida that plays? I'll worry about narrowing the area down later, but am curious if my worrying is justified. I don't think anyone else in the state games. What a lonely place.

Anyone out there who games in Florida?

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Re: Florida

Post by Breakdaddy »

I met an entire gaming group from Florida at Gen Con 2009, so I know you've got players there. I don't recall where in FL they were located.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

anglefish
Unkbartig

Post by anglefish »

I ran a two year game in South Florida and via my FGLS I hear that there's a at least one more C&C fan in Broward county.

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

I think Lord Dynel is down there.

concobar
Ulthal

Post by concobar »

I live in central Florida and play just about anything. For the longest I thought I was the only C&C fan in the state.

cjh
Henchman

Post by cjh »

Florida is a big state. I'm in St. Pete, if anyone is in the area.

magick3six
Ungern

Post by magick3six »

Now we're getting somewhere! Florida is alive. Well sorta.

I'm in Martin county, just north of Palm Beach. Anyone near? or near enough? I haven't had a decent group in 4+ years since I moved here, I'm willing to drive for a good game.

I'm 2 hours from Miami and 2 hours from Orlando.

Heck, I used to drive every 2 weeks to Dolphin stadium for a 3 hour game, so yeah, anyone at all in 2 hours or so distance, I'm willing to drive for a good game. Any game. My imagination is drying up!

Good to hear I'm not alone in this state, and that others are finding out the same good news.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Sir Osis of Liver wrote:I think Lord Dynel is down there.
I am, brutha! I'll be up at GenCon this year, and I vote for some more C&C goodness!

Nice to see some more C&C players in Florida. I work in St. Pete (up by Gandy & 4th St. N) but I live all the way back in Polk county. I wouldn't be too opposed to try to working something out. Maybe we should do a once-a-month "Central Florida Game Day" or some such.

Thoughts?
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

cjh
Henchman

Post by cjh »

Central Florida's pretty much out of the question for me. I'm down on one of the islands, about as South as you can get in St. Pete. If it's not St. Pete, and maybe some of Clearwater, it's out of the question for me.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Sorry to hear that, man. I don't know about Clearwater, but I know there ain't a whole lot St. Pete when it comes to gaming. Since travel is out of the question for you, I might suggest you getting in to a local group of whatever's being played. As time goes on, maybe you can suggest to give C&C a try. There might be groups in Tampa that play C&C, but again, if that's too far then your choices really are pretty limited.

Sadly, C&C doesn't have the exposure to be that widespread (which is really a shame because it should, dammit!) and it's one of those games where you have to take it where you can get it. Again, I think your best bet will be converting a local group (maybe dnd.meetup.com, nearby gamer website, craigslist, etc) or finding an online group and playing that way.

Whatever happens, welocme to the Crusade...and good luck finding a group!
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

anglefish
Unkbartig

Post by anglefish »

Yeah. C&C is a long term sell. I wait until I find a group that wants to play because I GM and they don't care what the system is. Then I spring C&C on them. They grumble, but no more than they would about any other Game "X" compared to Game "Y."

Peter
Red Cap

Post by Peter »

I'm in Seminole, FL.

@cjh: If you find at least 3 other people to play, than I'm down.
but I know there ain't a whole lot St. Pete when it comes to gaming.
There used to be all kinds of games being run at Emerald City about 6 years ago. A little before than, I used to be in an AD&D 2e group of about 10 people. From 96-98 I used to run an AD&D 2e campaign with 8-12 people. I had a friend that ran White Wolf games for about 8 people. Everyone went and got lives tho :P

magick3six
Ungern

Post by magick3six »

Everyone is on the West coast! No love for the East. Anyone play or want to play anywhere from Orlando, to Melbourne, all the way south to Miami? I'm right about in the middle of all that. Doesn't even have to be C&C, just want to find a decent group.

concobar
Ulthal

Post by concobar »

sajflorida wrote:Everyone is on the West coast! No love for the East. Anyone play or want to play anywhere from Orlando, to Melbourne, all the way south to Miami? I'm right about in the middle of all that. Doesn't even have to be C&C, just want to find a decent group.
Have you dropped into the Coliseum of Comics in Kissimmee? they run RPGs and table top games pretty much every night.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

There is always on line gaming. My group will be having its 4 year anniversary in March, and we play weekly using SKYPE and Maptools, which are free, and NO travel times! I don't think there is any room in any of the C&C games I run or play in, but I know there is room in the Starblazer and Eclipse Phase games. Those are on Thursday and Friday, 9 to midnight Florida time.

So if you have better than dial up, I seriously recommend you give it a try. Oh, and you want a working mic and speakers. Headsets work best.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

anglefish
Unkbartig

Post by anglefish »

sajflorida wrote:Everyone is on the West coast! No love for the East. Anyone play or want to play anywhere from Orlando, to Melbourne, all the way south to Miami? I'm right about in the middle of all that. Doesn't even have to be C&C, just want to find a decent group.
AHEM! Read uppost, my friend.

magick3six
Ungern

Post by magick3six »

I appologize anglefish, I missed that indeed there was one other Easterner. Go Broward! Any spots in a group open?

Thank you Treebore, I think I will probably have to continue that route while I explore more. Nothing beats gathering around a table, but the times, they are changing. I was late to the last online group on here, and it was full. I will keep my eyes open for more.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

sajflorida wrote:. Nothing beats gathering around a table, but the times, they are changing.

Yeah, I still have a face to face group on Saturdays ( I play in 6 games per week, 5 of which are on line) and I thought the same thing going into it, but now after several years of doing it and getting used to it, over all I prefer the on line gaming. Mostly because I get to stay home, with no commuting, or no one coming into my house and leaving a mess behind. With the online gaming I still get plenty of the "camaraderie" and the BSing, but online we are also more focused on actually gaming.

Plus I have now met and gamed with several of my online gaming buddies at conventions, such as Con on the Cob in Ohio and Gen Con.
So I am very glad I finally tried online gaming.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

magick3six
Ungern

Post by magick3six »

Really been curious and wanting to figure out online games for a while. This is the perfect opportunity to finally figure it all out.

Thank again for the suggestions.

Dagger
Red Cap

Post by Dagger »

cjh wrote:Florida is a big state. I'm in St. Pete, if anyone is in the area.
Are you familiar with the Suncoast Gamers group? I know a couple of those guys and they are in the Tampa Bay area. I've played AD&D and C&C with them before.

Dagger
Red Cap

Post by Dagger »

Lord Dynel wrote:
Sir Osis of Liver wrote:I think Lord Dynel is down there.
Maybe we should do a once-a-month "Central Florida Game Day" or some such.

Thoughts?
I'm definitely up for something like this. I'm in Lake Mary. I know quite a few old school gamers in the Orlando area. I know at least 16 people who play C&C or AD&D around here.

magick3six
Ungern

Post by magick3six »

I'd be up for an Orlando area Game Day or some such.