View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:02 am



Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
A Meeting of Friends PbP (IC - Game Thread) 
Author Message
Ulthal

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 610
Location: Wayne, NE
Post 
Ahhhhh crap Lars! Oh Well, in for a penny, in for a Dollar!

With a battle cry that sounds like a kid in puberty trying to sing, Cim charges forward "Looks like it's Souffle!!!!"
_________________
Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience.

-George Washington


Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:07 am
Profile
Lore Drake

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 1134
Post 
Errol shakes his head as he hears the battle crys of his comrades in the distance.

Although Cim and Lars are so far from the stranger and only appear as mere blobs in his vision, the stranger is stunned to witness the apparent savagery of Errol's comrades!

He quickly drops his sack and all his possessions, keeping only his longsword and bow. He then spits,

"Another day gnome!"

and beats a hasty retreat into the woods!
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!


Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:02 am
Profile
Lore Drake

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 1134
Post 
The stranger barely takes a step before a circular wave of light eminating from a point behind the stranger hits him with a brillant glow...the stranger is knocked to the ground!

Cim lets out a maniacal laughter in the distance....

The stranger remains on top the turf of grass motionless! With his rhytmic breathing causing the grass to sway everytime he exhales.

[Stranger rolls 5 to save.]
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!


Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:09 am
Profile
Ulthal

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 610
Location: Wayne, NE
Post 
"Errol!!" Cim yells, "Tie that brute up quickly! He will not be out long!"

Cim starts running towards the stranger.
_________________
Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience.

-George Washington


Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:53 am
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10778
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post 
Errol, grinning wickedly, quickly moves to bind and gag the stranger and says, "Well done, Cim!"
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:42 pm
Profile
Lore Drake

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 1134
Post 
Under the full moon, in a wide expanse of grassfields to every which direction, Errol, you've bound the stranger to the best of your ability. A few seconds later he awakens! His bulging eyes betray his fear of you. Sensing that you are gleeful at his fear, he returns to his pretentiously agressive look.

"Mmph..."

He starts to wiggle. But to no avail. You've managed to securely bound his hands behind his back. Although his legs are free, he is unable to get up. Your comrades are about 250ft or so away still. The stranger's possessions are but 10ft in the direction of your comrades.

The edge of forest is still quite a distance away (south). And in the distance you can still hear the sound of farm animals back at the farmstead. (north)
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!


Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:11 pm
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10778
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post 
Errol continues to sit on the stranger's back to prevent him from getting up, until the others arrive to help him. He will then search the stranger and his possessions.
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:15 pm
Profile
Lore Drake

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 1134
Post 
In the still of the moonlit night, the party crowds around the stranger who's complaining about not being able to breathe.

Errol, you search through the stranger's belongings and you find the usual travelling items (you may take what you want),

Week's rations

Bedroll

Flint and Tinder

12 Arrows

Short bow

Longsword

Compass

Map to Slaver's hideout

Blanket

Filled waterskin (water)

What does the party do?
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!


Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:06 pm
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10778
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post 
Quote:
angelius wrote:
In the still of the moonlit night, the party crowds around the stranger who's complaining about not being able to breathe.

Errol, you search through the stranger's belongings and you find the usual travelling items (you may take what you want),

Week's rations

Bedroll

Flint and Tinder

12 Arrows

Short bow

Longsword

Compass

Map to Slaver's hideout

Blanket

Filled waterskin (water)

What does the party do?



Errol will only take the map and show it to the others.
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:30 pm
Profile
Ulthal

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 610
Location: Wayne, NE
Post 
Looking at the map and then looking at the tied slaver, Cim gives him a kick to the gut. Not to hard as to damage, but not so soft as to leave no impression.

He bends down and gets right next to the slavers ear, and in his normal voice says "You don't know anything. Huh?! I am going to ask you some questions. To these I require an immediate, non-hestitating answer. If I feel the answer is not given quick enough or I feel it is a lie, I am going to do my favorite thing to you. I am going to rip out one of your toenails. If you have never had this done to you, friend, it is an exquisitely painful process, during which, if I pull out more than one, you will pass out several times and we will have to revive you. I am going to take your gag off. Screaming or calling attention to yourself will earn you a short trip to a face smack."

Cim pulls back the gag and asks the slaver "How long have you worked for this bunch? How many are at the slaver camp? Who would you consider the toughest one? Thier will be more questions after your answers...."
_________________
Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience.

-George Washington


Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:05 pm
Profile
Lore Drake

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 1134
Post 
"Look...I...just needed a quick job like I said. It was just this one time. I was going to get my payment from the guy...they always wear cloaks and I've never seen their faces...I think there's maybe two or three guys in charge. The rest are just brigands..."

Taking a break to catch his breath,

"I was just going to get paid and leave I swear by the Gods. I meet them at the mouth of the tomb and then they go back inside. I honestly don't know how many there are...but the girl, your friend. She's alive, at least the last time I saw her ... they were bringing her into the tomb. That's all I know, I'm not even from these parts! I wouldn't recognize who they were. The map...it'll show you were it is. It's not too hard to find. Come on that's all I know...just let me go, I swear, I'll leave and never come back."

The strangers eyes plea to any that would entertain his offer.

(The stranger appears to be telling the truth. Cim rolls 17 for sense motive.)
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!


Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:25 am
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 737
Location: St. Paul, MN
Post 
To Cim,

"The a**e faced bugger is cooperating, lest not resort to your less than lawful practices. But please don't let that stop you from smacking him around a bit."
_________________
CK the CK
"My goddess touched me at an early age."

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home


Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:12 am
Profile WWW
Ulthal

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 610
Location: Wayne, NE
Post 
Cim looks up from the slaver to Lars and arches his eyebrow, "Thanks. Less than lawful?! Man! I'd hate to litter in town where you are sheriff!!".

Turning back to the bound personage, "Well, slaver, it looks like Tyr has smiled on your worthless hide today. He appears to be a lot more merciful than I would have been......"

Cim Gets up and dusts his travel clothes off. "One last question, slaver. Do they know you specifically? Or do you deal with different people everytime?"
_________________
Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience.

-George Washington


Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:00 pm
Profile
Lore Drake

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 1134
Post 
Clearly confused, the stranger is easily interrogated.

"I...I...only saw 'em once in the dark. There was two of them, they just told me I needed to deliver a message for them and that's it. They said you'd be a push over..."

The stranger clears his throat and carries on,

"I think they were wrong...about the push over part. Look you got the map and you got my stuff...I told you I won't be 'round no more sooo...can I go now?"

The stranger looks at each member of the party with pleading eyes, secretly hiding a prayer on the inside.

Almost an hour has passed since the encounter with the stranger and the town of Drue is but a shadow of it's former bustling self. The townsfolk are asleep and except the howling of a distant wolf, nothing is stirring in the vicinity of the party.
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!


Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:41 pm
Profile
Ulthal

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 610
Location: Wayne, NE
Post 
"Lars, you talk to him and decide what to do with him." Cim stands and walks a ways towards the treeline, about 30 yards off from the slaver.
_________________
Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience.

-George Washington


Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:06 am
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10778
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post 
"Well I say we let him go, then. He's only a poor messenger and not mixed up in this. Besides, we're wasting time. Let's go find Neena!" says Errol looking at the others.
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:50 pm
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 737
Location: St. Paul, MN
Post 
"Aye, Tyr will deal with him in good time for the wrongs he has comitted."
_________________
CK the CK
"My goddess touched me at an early age."

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home


Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
Lore Drake

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 1134
Post 
Not waiting one more second, the stranger jumps up quickly and runs eastward before disappearing into the night. In his place, he leaves all his belongings and this map.

Two locations are clearly mapped, one to the southwest and one to the south. Almost tripping over all the left over gear, you and your party members gather around the map in the still night...
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!


Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:49 pm
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10778
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post 
Errol looks at the map again and then folds it up and puts it in his vest pocket. "OK, let us be off then, follow Cim!", says the gnome as he heads after Cim already walking towards the trail to the slaver's hideout.
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:50 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.