Sunday Nights in Mystara

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Name Level
Mist Elf

Sunday Nights in Mystara

Post by Name Level »

I'm starting a campaign using Maptool. The group will meet every couple of Sunday evenings, and the setting is Mystara.

Starting level = 2

Let me know if you're interested.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

How long are you looking at running it? Time starts etc. If its ever moved to Tuesday or Wednesday, I may be interested. Already playing Warhammer on Monday nights. If thats a firm night for you, good luck with it
L.S.

Society Member: http://www.cncsociety.org/

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

If you wanted to play, you might ask Treebore to join in our Tuesday night game. There are 5 players and I know Tree had mentioned maybe taking a break as CK for a small period of time. I'd check with him. We use Skype and MapTools.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Name Level
Mist Elf

Post by Name Level »

To answer Seurek's question, time is flexible. Possibly starting sometime between 7 and 8pm Central time, going until after midnight. Depends on player preferences. I may be able to do Sundays instead, just not every week.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Name Level wrote:
To answer Seurek's question, time is flexible. Possibly starting sometime between 7 and 8pm Central time, going until after midnight. Depends on player preferences. I may be able to do Sundays instead, just not every week.

Good luck with your game. 7 Central is 9 my time, so I wouldn't be able to play anymore than 3 hours at that startup. If you need a filler and I am free, I be sure to log on. I am lordseurek on SKYPE.

L.S.

Name Level
Mist Elf

Post by Name Level »

3 hours is fine for the duration. I have been using OpenRPG, and so have a couple of my confirmed players. I've been suggesting to them that we use Skype or MSN Messenger voice chat, but they haven't warmed up to it.

Name Level
Mist Elf

Post by Name Level »

UPDATE: I'll be hosting the game on MapTool. No voice chat planned. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Friday all possible days.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Name Level wrote:
UPDATE: I'll be hosting the game on MapTool. No voice chat planned. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Friday all possible days.

Have you ever played a game using a voice chat program? If not, you should at least give it a try first, or listen in on another game. Lots of people are skeptical about it, but most say they would never go back to typed chat, including me
Which ever you choose, good luck
L.S.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Name Level wrote:

Very wise. The functionality of Maptool puts OpenRPG in the shade ( many of us have tried both on these boards). The tricky bit is finding someone to host. There are also links to video tutorials for maptool posted here somewhere by the illustrious Spak Man

Voice chat is a bonus but not required. On the plus side there is another channel for interaction, and it makes DM/NPC to PC discussions _much easier_. On the down side the voice channel can get fairly busy with people talking over each other etc, especially since you lack the normal visual cues for when someone has begun or stopped speaking.

I would definitely try MapTool with voice first (Skype, or host ventrillo on the same computer hosting Maptool, that's what we do). If you don't like it, you can always go back to no voice.

Voice plus Maptool is so close to face to face gaming, it is amazing.

Homer Simpson

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

Yeah I love MT. Should look at some of the posts I made in the Ravenloft thread. Also note that the hardest part of MT, is port forwarding. Once that is set you are good to go. Any questions, ask in the RPTools forum or you can ask me. I am no expert but I use it heavily and have helped others run maptool for their game.

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

I would be interested in playing, live in central time zone, every night but Thursdays.

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

Name Level
Mist Elf

Post by Name Level »

I edited the original post to reflect that I'll be using MapTool.

Anyway, I'm still looking for players for a semi-monthly Sunday Night game.