View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:37 am



Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
[IC] In the service of the sorcerer 
Author Message
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 737
Location: St. Paul, MN
Post 
"You guys look at map, when ready to leave, tell Krunx. Me here to smash skulls and keep you guys safe. Tell me when ready."
_________________
CK the CK
"My goddess touched me at an early age."

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home


Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:46 am
Profile WWW
Red Cap

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 224
Post 
[Using whatever experience I may have regarding the wilderness of the area, I attempt to make note of landmarks and routes that will speed our travel, as well as places to we should avoid. Is there anything about the map that is out of the ordinary or surprising to me?]

"And we will be the better for your company, Krux orc-blood. Just a quick look at this 'gift' from our benefactor to get our bearings and we shall be on our way."
_________________
----------------

Moorcrys


Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:18 pm
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10778
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post 
As he continues to study the map, the halfling cleric fills his pipe with Longbottom leaf and lights up. Puffing away, Artemis occasionally glances at the others awaiting their opinions.
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:09 pm
Profile
Ulthal

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 610
Location: Wayne, NE
Post 
Sphere studies the map and it's named areas tries to remember any bits of esoteric knowledge he has about them.

{I think I saw six named areas on the map, Six rolls plus modifiers:

Total:5,6,16,10,16,3}
_________________
Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience.

-George Washington


Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:16 pm
Profile
Hlobane Orc

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 129
Post 
There is a bigger map here: http://cheeseeatersociety.googlepages.com/index.htm

[ This isn't the final page for the game, however I need to redesign a few elements, all maps will eventually get their own page.]

The day of the departure is crisp and bright. A few merchants are preparing to open their shops, bustling about, a blacksmith shop has already begun the ringing of hammer and anvil. Passing under the leering gargoyle atop the arch of the northern most gate the farmland just outside the town unfolds before you, neatly partitioned with low, well kept hedges just as the faint sage scent of the Vol Marshes ahead is blown towards the party on a gentle breeze. Off in the distance the elder trees of the Grove of Dwen can be seen. The druid guarded wood is comprised of mostly oaks, hawthorns, elm and an array of fruit and nut trees.

A couple of miles down the road a trio of riders can be seen coming down towards town, previously hidden from view by the gently rolling hummocks and mounds that lead to the marshes. You see two elves and a dwarf, the former mounted on lithe elven steeds, the latter on a rather stout looking pony. All are dressed in armor that has seen battle, and they have a variety of weapons in scabbards and sheaths. They all look a little ragged, covered with the dust of a long journey. One of the elves pulls back gently on the reins of his horse and surveys the group.

"Off on a bit of an adventure?," he asks politely.
_________________
"All that we are destined to behold will reveal itself at the proper time," said Eibon.

--Clark Ashton Smith


Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:55 am
Profile
Ulthal

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 610
Location: Wayne, NE
Post 
"Off on an errand that promises to bring plenty of adventure!" Sphere says. "An odd group you are. Two elves and dwarf riding together, apparantly in harmony!! I say the world must be getting to be a good place! You all look like you might be in need of some good food, and drink. We can supply some."
_________________
Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience.

-George Washington


Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:06 am
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 737
Location: St. Paul, MN
Post 
"Mmm, must be good to have friends. Krunx wish he had more friends." Krunx pouts, the address the trio of adventurers:

"You see any half-ord that be Krunx friend in your travels?"
_________________
CK the CK
"My goddess touched me at an early age."

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home


Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:16 am
Profile WWW
Hlobane Orc
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 116
Post 
As Sphere addresses the trio, Au'rune rides slighlly to the side, although still within earshot. He doesn't make any hostile gestures, but it is obvious he is checking for anyone else. Once satisfied, he leans against the neck of his horse and listens from his position on top a small slope.


Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:00 pm
Profile
Red Cap

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 223
Post 
Thrasymachus hangs back to the rear of the party, head slightly bowed. He carefully scrutinizes the three travellers from beneath the brow of his fashionable hat.
_________________
While it is unlikely to interest most of you, here is my 'cunning' blog: http://dailyakrasia.blogspot.com/


Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:01 pm
Profile
Hlobane Orc

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 129
Post 
The three riders pause a moment and exchange glances, then the elf who spoke first says, "Thank you, oh generous bard, for your hospitality. And you, gentle half-orc, we have seen evidence of your orcish cousins, but they and their goblin minions steered clear of us as we rode down the trail, possibly healing up from some brave battle, no doubt. We must decline the offer of food, I fear, for we have business in the town you apparently just left and then we must be off yet again within two days time, bound for Nalaj. So as not to waste any of your time we must be off. Good day to you and may your adventure be glorious!"

With a smile the elf urges his mount on at a gentle pace, and his companions follow, all setting a relaxed pace. Everyone notices as the trio passes that all three have shields slung across their backs, both elves have an intricate leaf design on their seemingly delicate shields and the dwarf's thick shield bears a raised boar, colored in a deep blue. The dwarf looks over his shoulder with a wry smile and they ride on towards the town of Duralk the Sorcerer.

After an early afternoon meal of coldcuts, cheese and bread, washed down with wine or ale, you prepare yourselves for the obstacle between the party and the Grove of Dwen, the Vol Marshes. A few lazy clouds can be seen gathering in the distance, dark, but far away. The marshes look a bit dismal, but not particularly deadly on this warm afternoon.
_________________
"All that we are destined to behold will reveal itself at the proper time," said Eibon.

--Clark Ashton Smith


Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:52 am
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10778
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post 
Artemis, feeling quite content after a nice lunch and smoke, continues to walk along the trail. He's already forgotten the brief encounter on the road earlier, and now eyes the land surrounding the group.

The halfling then looks up at the warm sun and recites a silent prayer in thanks for all that he is and all that he has.
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:46 pm
Profile
Ulthal

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 610
Location: Wayne, NE
Post 
"What God do you Pray to Furry of Foot? If he likes troubadours, put in a good word for me!" Sphere says. "I need it...."
_________________
Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience.

-George Washington


Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:53 pm
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10778
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post 
Quote:
PeelSeel2 wrote:
"What God do you Pray to Furry of Foot? If he likes troubadours, put in a good word for me!" Sphere says. "I need it...."



"Huh, wazzat . . what? "Furry of Foot - the halfling looks to see if the bard is being insulting, but sees his smile and good intentions.

"Well, my good troubadour, if you are kind of heart and well intentioned, then yes, I will ask the gods to protect you and give us all good fortune!", replies Artemis.

"And of course, if you can play a good tune or regale us with grand stories and lift our spirits, the gods will favour us for sure!"
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:39 am
Profile
Red Cap

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 223
Post 
Upon overhearing the talk of gods, Thrasymachus rolls his eyes but says nothing.

Using his solid staff as a walking stick, the mage continues to haunt the rear of the party as they progress.
_________________
While it is unlikely to interest most of you, here is my 'cunning' blog: http://dailyakrasia.blogspot.com/


Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:43 pm
Profile
Lore Drake

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 1134
Post 
Panting can be heard by the party as Gerald Greenfeather a newly appointed Mage Guard races up to the rear of the party.

"Wait comrades! You forgot about me! Welem sent me to help guide the way to our destination. I am one with the woods afterall. Can't you wait for a fellow guardsman to relieve himself?"

Gerald grins widely as he straightens his clothing that betrays his calling in life as one of the ever esoteric rangers. He then checks that he has all his equipment in order.

"Okay, so where are we going again?"
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!


Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:08 pm
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 737
Location: St. Paul, MN
Post 
"Hehe silly man out of breath."

"We heading to smash skulls, at least Krunx hope so."

"Show us way nature boy."

Krunx steps aside and allows the woodsman to take the point.
Hehe, he spring traps and Krunx stay back and mop us the mess.
_________________
CK the CK
"My goddess touched me at an early age."

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home


Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:20 am
Profile WWW
Ulthal

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 610
Location: Wayne, NE
Post 
"Welcome woodland wanderer!! I hope your as good at your craft as Krunx is at smashing skulls. We shan't get lost then!! By the way, do you play poker.....?" Sphere says.
_________________
Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience.

-George Washington


Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:28 am
Profile
Lore Drake

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 1134
Post 
"Ha! Any chance I get my friend. Perhaps after this quick romp, we'll have a game of chance then. In the meantime, let me take a look at the map."

Gerald reaches for the map, if the other players allow him to take a look at it and he will try to gain his direction. He will return the map to the owner of the map and take point in order to lead the party in the right direction. Gerald will also scan the area to discern for anything out of place.
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!


Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:00 am
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10778
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post 
Artemis has been watching and assessing the newcomer, as though he is trying to determine his worth to the group. Liking the ranger's manner, the hafling finally speaks up, "Greetings and well met, Garard Greenfeather. A woodsmen to help us find out way, is most welcome!"
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:29 am
Profile
Hlobane Orc
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 116
Post 
Au'rune rides closer.

"I've seen the map. Keep the rising sun on your right and setting sun to your left: that will do you well enough. At least as far as the map is concerned."

He slowly turns his horse to continue on the trail north.


Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:41 am
Profile
Lore Drake

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 1134
Post 
Gerald says with his usual happy demeanor,

"Well met little one. But if you call me Garard again I may have to pick the hairs off your foot! The names Gerald!"

Noticing the halflings reaction, he continues in a more serious tone.

"I'm just playing with you little one. If we are to travel together for a time, it pays to have some humour between us does it not?"

"Right between the rising and setting sun. North we go then friends?"
Perhaps a horse would be faster...
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!


Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:59 am
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10778
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post 
Quote:
angelius wrote:
Gerald says with his usual happy demeanor,

"Well met little one. But if you call me Garard again I may have to pick the hairs off your foot! The names Gerald!"



Artemis quickly attemps to recover from this faux pas and stammers, "I'm so sorry friend. I'm not one to remember names very well. It seems my concentration is . . . elsewhere (glances up briefly). Won't you forgive me Jered, and share some of this Longbottom leaf?" The halfling shows the bag of tobacco as he runs along trying to keep pace.
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:29 am
Profile
Lore Drake

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 1134
Post 
Gerald says,

"Ha ha, I believe we'll be friends for a long time!"

As he wraps his right arm around the head of the halfling. Putting him in a headlock.

"This tobacco won't smoke itself!" , grins Gerald as he helps himself to the offering.
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!


Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:38 am
Profile
Red Cap

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 224
Post 
Ahlwyn continues on the path with his companions, eyes peeled for trouble but otherwise silent. He seems to enjoy this jaunt outside of town and breathes a sigh of relief at each breath of wind that crosses the companions' path.
_________________
----------------

Moorcrys


Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:51 am
Profile
Hlobane Orc

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 129
Post Entering the marshes
Coming as no surprise, the stink of the Vol Marshes causes a general wrinkling of noses. The path is more or less a causeway, being raised a little higher than the surrounding patches of thick weeds and bog. Mounts can also pick their way gingerly, but safely, along the way.

As the afternoon wears on into a pleasant dusk it comes time to settle down for the night. Finding a high dry patch often used by merchants and travelers the party stops to rest and decide whether to make camp or push on into the night. A few crickets can be heard chirping and frogs bellow challenges to each other in the nearby rushes. This waypoint has a good sized stone circle with a smallish bundle of dried sticks and limbs, more than likely dropped off by travelers or the druids of the glen up north. Looking up into the sky a few stars wink back.
_________________
"All that we are destined to behold will reveal itself at the proper time," said Eibon.

--Clark Ashton Smith


Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:17 am
Profile
Lore Drake

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 1134
Post 
"Smell that fresh air my comrades. You can't get that cooped up in a village now can you? I say we should stay the night and take turns keeping watch."

Gerald will use his survival skill to start a fire and forage for food if the party needs it.

He will also plop his things on the ground except his weapons while talking.
_________________
Big Iron Vault Your friendly neighbourhood gaming magazine. Check out our new webcomic, The Heindrich Project!


Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:32 pm
Profile
Hlobane Orc
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 116
Post 
Au'rune takes a few careful steps and listens. He extends his hand for silence. Some party members take notice, but some obliviously go on talking.

"Still you wagging tongues," he manages to forcefully whisper. He feels some cold stares, but they're quiet stares. "Listen."


Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:16 pm
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10778
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post 
Artemis suddenly stops unpacking and grips his flail tightly as he listens intently while looking around the perimeter of the camp using his duskvision.
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:42 pm
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 737
Location: St. Paul, MN
Post 
Krunx used his enhanced sense of spell to smell out intruders.
_________________
CK the CK
"My goddess touched me at an early age."

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home


Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:47 am
Profile WWW
Ulthal

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 610
Location: Wayne, NE
Post 
Sphere is cautious and alert, holding the reigns of his ass tightly in case their is danger. He looks around for a good place to tie his beast of burdern to.
_________________
Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience.

-George Washington


Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:06 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.