Stupid wxPython Installer.....

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Stupid wxPython Installer.....

Post by LordSeurek »

Ever since my OpenRPG crashed on me Wednesday, I am having issues with it. At first, I could load the program, but it wouldn't connect. Now, I cannot even get OpenRPG to run. So, I uninstalled and started anew. The installer ran for for the Python program, BUT, when I tried to run the installer for the wxPython.... exe file, I can't get thru the installer without it disappearing from the screen, hence, preventing me from running the 2nd of 3 programs. Anyone else have this problem before, and if so, what did u do to fix it.

Sounds like a spyware/malware issue probably, but none of my scanners picked anything up.

Suggestions?

L.S.

Society Member: http://www.cncsociety.org/

spak_man
Red Cap

Post by spak_man »

Try starting windows in safe mode and running your Virus/Adware/Spyware scans then.

If not you could try going into your control panel,-> Add/Remove Programs and make sure OpenRPG and all that python stuff is uninstalled then cleaning out your registry

If neither of those work Id say backup all your important crap then Format/Reinstall windows, but then again thats my answer to most problems these days.

-Andre

"thats the one where you explode. You sure you wanna do that?" -Titania

"It has a Rate of fire bonus of ... Ouch!" - JarredMcgee
QUOTES FROM GMS
"A DM is like a duck." -Aramis
"thats the one where you explode. You sure you wanna do that?" -Titania
"It has a Rate of fire bonus of ... Ouch!" - JarredMcgee

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I also have had problems since Wed. My fix thus far has been to uninstall all the python & open RPG stuff. Reinstall it all and then when it asks to run the updates only hit the finish button.

I'm not sure this will help on your issues....

Murphy!

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

I cannot even get thu the 2nd installer. However, I can run OpenRPG on my old PC. Still working on the problem here on laptop. Think its a Trojan.... F**King things.....

L.S.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Got OpenRPG installed and running once more. Phew, took me forever to get the bloody thing up. Ya, I didnt do the updates, right now, I'll take it running
Thanks guys.

L.S.