Warlord of the Accordlands for C&C!

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
daddystabz
Red Cap

Warlord of the Accordlands for C&C!

Post by daddystabz »

I am testing the water a bit to see if we have any people out there that may be interested in getting an online campaign together for Warlord of the Accordlands rpg by Alderac Entertainment but of course adapted to C&C rules. I would favor using Skype for voice communication and OpenRPG (both totally free!!) to play online.

I have all 4 main rulebooks and the campaign seems extremely well-done and fleshed out. If you are familiar with the RPG or the CCG or if you are familira with their other healing product Legend of the 5 Rings, you will see just how high the production values are with this product.

I was thinking the campaign would play through the campaign adventure book, which is a set of pre-made adventures that take you through the epic storyline of the setting in your struggle to overthrow the Medusan overlords who have taken over the entire world! These adventures will take a group of adventurers from lvl 1 all the way to lvl 20!

I could GM for the game or someone else with knowledge of the product and that owns the materials could serve as GM but what I really want to know is how many of you are interested in playing? We can decide on day/time after this crucial step.

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

We could probably do this in the thursday slot, since it looks like it will be a permanent, but rotationed spot....

"I was just going to look! With fire...and lightning...and reanimated chipmunks....and raccoons... on fire."-Richard

daddystabz
Red Cap

Post by daddystabz »

I want L5R every thursday all the time! Please make it so!

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

LOL! I do too! but we have to rotate out .

as I said I am on skype all the time, so if you ever need an L5R fix I can more than likely give it to you. I play in a game on mondays and thursdays both at the same times. So any other time I am free.....

This idea highly appeals to me actually.... just make sur ethat you are logged into skype whenever you are on your computer....

We shall be known as the league of L5R addicts!

you know this is actually a good idea for a club.....

"Bored? Can't get your L5R fix? join the League of L5R addicts! Anytime and near everytime you want a game, you have your own selection of GM's and players! one on one? done! an entire battlefeild of players? Done!....."

I am getting myself worked up just typing it! We should start it! get a roster up on alderac forums!

titania

"I was just going to look! With fire...and lightning...and reanimated chipmunks....and raccoons... on fire."-Richard

daddystabz
Red Cap

Post by daddystabz »

I would love to do that! A fantastic idea! I really want to play L5R in a serious campaign on a weekly basis. I want to commit longterm. I love the system and the setting.

I want to learn all I can about it. I've waited a long time for an asian styled game of this nature.

I am listening to "Across the Nightingale Floor" right now from the Tales of the Otori series if any of you are familiar. I am going to get through the entire series to keep feeding my hunger for L5R-like stuff.

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

read shogun! its awesome and really helps with the role play aspect of the game

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Always wanted to try the Accordlands setting. I looked at the RPG books as they were released, and enjoyed what little I saw. Looked like a pretty interesting setting.

I won;t be able to join the online game, but I just wanted to drop a message about the coolness that is the Accordlands.

I played the Warlord TCG briefly, that was also quite fun.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Titania Lefey wrote:
read shogun! its awesome and really helps with the role play aspect of the game

Hehe, you surprise me sometimes Titania. You are very mature and intelligent for a young adult. And so, you are to be congratulated as are your mother and father.

I didn't read Shogun until my senior year of college when I was struggling with my Japanese history class and my professor offered the book for some extra credit which I badly needed.

Heh, I majored in history and so walked into classes wearing painter's pants or Levi's with running shoes and a tee shirt.

Everyone else had beards and briefcases!!
You knew those guys would be aspiring professors and researchers etc.

Anyway - highly agree and recommend Shogun - and if peeps are still interested there are other great books about this era.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

Rhuvein wrote:
Hehe, you surprise me sometimes Titania. You are very mature and intelligent for a young adult. And so, you are to be congratulated as are your mother and father.

I didn't read Shogun until my senior year of college when I was struggling with my Japanese history class and my professor offered the book for some extra credit which I badly needed.

Heh, I majored in history and so walked into classes wearing painter's pants or Levi's with running shoes and a tee shirt.

Everyone else had beards and briefcases!!
You knew those guys would be aspiring professors and researchers etc.

Anyway - highly agree and recommend Shogun - and if peeps are still interested there are other great books about this era.

thankyou!

Titania

PS daddystabz:would you want to post the roster? I think it could work and i would be willing to set up some sort of online club..... my mom does have a family website we could put it on...... hmmmmm

daddystabz
Red Cap

Post by daddystabz »

I'd be willing to help you with that indeed Titania.

As for Shogun, are there Ninja AND Samurai (even though Ninja are but a fairytale!!)?
I remember seeing the movie when I was a kid but do not remember a great deal.

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

yep there are ninja too.

Titania

Hybban
Ungern

Post by Hybban »

I go from lurker to register only because of this thread. I own the 4 Warlords book too, but haven't read the campaign because I lack people to run it with...

I've wanted to adapt it to C&C because the D20 system bothers me in its complexity and because otherwise the character creation would be a pain...

I'd be more than happy if I could play in your game.

Hyb'

daddystabz
Red Cap

Post by daddystabz »

Any other interest in a Warlod of the Accordlands for C&C game? I might start a roster soon.

Hybban
Ungern

Post by Hybban »

daddystabz wrote:
Any other interest in a Warlod of the Accordlands for C&C game? I might start a roster soon.

Have you written something for adapting the Accorlands Setting to C&C?

But I may be strongly interested, depnding on the final How and When!

Hyb'

daddystabz
Red Cap

Post by daddystabz »

Basically, I would be converting the normal D20 stuff into C&C version D20. Very simple conversions, all of which have been already posted on these boards....the methods, that is.

Any other inerest in getting this going as a setting? I am about rdy to start setting things up if there is some player interest.