Thursday game

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Thursday game

Post by Titania Lefey »

Okay, we have decided that I am next in line for the Thursday CK spot.

which one? C&C home world which is heavy in lycanthropes, or L5R which is a totally awesome oriental setting d10 system?

(I am willing to help any one woth this system, no matter how long it takes.) I will be posting an intro to both these worlds soon.

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

I'm willing to give L5R a shot.

As for my own Thursday slot, I think I'll let everyone create their own characters, but will provide communal party equipment/vehicles. I'm also thinking about fudging the recovery rules a bit to allow medics to "heal" a few points per patient per day. Even an extra pip or two can really make a difference in Twilight:2000. Then again, it's also very very easy to just get your melon blown clean off.

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

C&C Home World:

The world has been taken over by Lycanthropes. What was once a human dominated world is now ruled by Shape-changing nobility. Once united realms are now seperated by habitat and the ruling 'clans'.

When 'It' began, the Changed (the title for the Lycanthropes), who had always been scorned by their human brethren, finally grew restless, and no longer forgiving of their weaker comrades.

Soon, as could have been predicted, there was an uprising. A declaration that they would no longer be subjucated. The 'Ungifted' took it badly and marched, marched until all who had risen to oppose, fell.

The remaining "Changed" were forced onto reservations, to ensure that the uprising would never happen again. However, the "Ungifted" did not catch all of the "Changed" and in what seemed no time at all, there was another uprising, but this time, ALL of the "Changed" fought. It did not matter what their form was, what their original race had been, they were united.

Elf Tiger fought with Dwarf Rat, Human Wolf with Half-orc Bear. Amazingly, eventually, the "Ungifted" fell. With that war over, another began, over lands and the right to rule. This went on for over a year, until there they finally reached an agreement where each "Clan" would receive an amount of land that had each clans prime habitat.

Furthermore, they created a set of honor based laws to prevent them from tearing eachother apart. ( This is where I incorporated an Honor system)

The Clans are separated and named as follows:

The Lee (Lion)

The Rodere (Rat)

The Ursa (Bear)

The Pard (Leopard)

The Loup (Wolf)

The Panthera (this is a group of many lesser cat lycanthropes ruled mainly by the tiger)

The Kitsune (known amongst theselves as the Vulpes) (fox)

The Drake (Dragons)

The Crucuta (hyena)

The Sus (boar)

The Raptors (various birds of prey)

The Aquarious ( the sea shapechangers)

The "Ungifted" are now the peasantry of the world and sometime those who are reknowned for their loyalty or have proven themselves in combat are elevated to nobility and are bitten or scratched to welcome them. It is not unheard of for there to be human nobility, however it usually is because the Lycanthropy did not transfer to the "Changed" children. these, when full grown are usually "gifted" with lycanthropy, if they choose not to be "gifted" they are then used as diplomats to other lands and to ease associations with the "Ungifted".

Supremeist, I know, but I just thought one day, "what if D&D was actually realistic and it had this particular minority, actually act to their full potential?" It would be easy for them to take over the world. "Hello, I am a freedom fighter and I am able to selectively infect people with this desease, which will make it to where you pretty much have to join us or risk going crazy and killing your family." "Welcome to the cause."

Yeah, I have a eeeevil sense of humor.

Titania

spak_man
Red Cap

Post by spak_man »

Id love to play me some L5R, I have the rulebook, and is(/Was) familliar with the system. Im not sure which edition my rulebook is, but its the one with the glossy clan pages that fall out of the book binding after a week (AEG 3001) but it is the d10 system, so it should at least be compatable with whatever edition of the rules you are using (I dont remember how many editions of the rules AEG made before WoTC bought them )

anyways, sorry for dropping out early last night, I was passing out in my chair, and my son doesn't believe in Christmas Vacation=Sleeping in yet

-Andre

"thats the one where you explode. You sure you wanna do that?" -Titania

"It has a Rate of fire bonus of ... Ouch!" - JarredMcgee
QUOTES FROM GMS
"A DM is like a duck." -Aramis

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

We are doing the 3E version, a dominantly red colored book. There are some significant changes but it is still a "points build" character and the d10 basics still work the same.

IE your skill rank, combined with relevant physical stat, determine how many d10 you get to roll and how many you get to keep. If you beat the Target Number (TN) with the kept dice you succeed.

Plus you track your honor and "glory".

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

If your familiar with the L5R setting.

What Clan

What class/school?

If you are nor familiar wuith the setting.

Samurai, spellcaster, ninja, or scout?

What would you want your characters outlook on life be? Ill assign you a matching clan.

Or here is a quick list of the clans.

Crab clan: Defenders against the Shadowlands, they are blunt, and crass.

Crane: Rich, polite, and 'Posh", but they have some awesome swords men.

Dragon: Philisophical, polite, good with riddles, deadly. (I am biased against other clans becuase of these guys "Yeah you hear me, I will kick your none Murimoto [the best swordsmen in the empire, and no one can tell me otherwise!] butt!" Also they hunt down any type of threat to the empire, including Gaijin, Shadolands creatures, and the living darkness.

Lion: Honor, ancestors, loyalty, and the second biggest army in the empire.

Mantis: The best Navy in the empire, (in my game though they have been absorbed by the Sea Dragon Clan)

Pheonix: Major spellcasters, elitist, and specialized against Maho (bloodcaster, no you cannot play one) and the living darkness.

Scorpion: Sneaky, sly, smooth talkers, the only ninja school holders (nobody knows that though) and are actually honorable, but not by everyone elses standards. they have an Alliance with the Sea Dragon Clan.

Seadragon Clan: New Clan that was founded by 4 heros (a crab and 3 dragons) 32 years before current time. The daimyo's seem not to age, and they have an unusual abundance of shugenja children. they are the owners of the largest army in rokugan, and have more cavalry than the unicorn ( that are just as skilled). they also have the largest ubundance of shugenja. this is due to them receiving alot of lands, conquering the mantis (which were currupt) and taking in any ronin that would have them. They also have a strong spy network due to the abundance of air shugenja and former scorpion clan members.

unicorn: The original cavalry clan of the empire, they went intpo the lands to the west and have returned greatly changed by the interbreeding of foreigners with them (they were gone for several centuries i think, definately more than 1). They have technologies that most other clans except the seadragon, don't have, and actually have horses instead of ponies.

Titania

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

spak_man wrote:
Id love to play me some L5R, I have the rulebook, and is(/Was) familliar with the system. Im not sure which edition my rulebook is, but its the one with the glossy clan pages that fall out of the book binding after a week (AEG 3001) but it is the d10 system, so it should at least be compatable with whatever edition of the rules you are using (I dont remember how many editions of the rules AEG made before WoTC bought them )

anyways, sorry for dropping out early last night, I was passing out in my chair, and my son doesn't believe in Christmas Vacation=Sleeping in yet

-Andre

awesomeness

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Is this open to everyone?
For crying out loud, do what you can with the attributes the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

slimykuotoan wrote:
Is this open to everyone?

anyone who is willing to play. Just tell me which one you want to play the most, and vote like wise.

"I was just going to look! With fire...and lightning...and reanimated chipmunks....and raccoons... on fire."-Richard

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

I'd like to try L5R, but don't have access to the books.
For crying out loud, do what you can with the attributes the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

slimykuotoan wrote:
I'd like to try L5R, but don't have access to the books.

thats okay, just tell me the class you want (samurai, shugenja[spellcaster], or scout/ninja? [I'm not doing courtiers in this becuase it will only last a few sessions]

also... what do you want your charcter outlook to be? I will assign you a clan/school from this.

I am also planning on scanning in basic rules pages and sending them to players that would like them.

Titania

"I was just going to look! With fire...and lightning...and reanimated chipmunks....and raccoons... on fire."-Richard

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Samurai

Loyalty, obedience to higher belief, daimyo, cause, etc.

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

slimykuotoan wrote:
Samurai

Loyalty, obedience to higher belief, daimyo, cause, etc.

Lion Samurai. One more question.... woop butt Beserker or woop butt fighter?

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

woop butt fighter

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

You are an Akodo Samurai then.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Takemono of Lion Clan

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

Okay, Slimy this is your character ( I rolled really good on the heritage tables for this guy.)

this will also serve as a Little tutorial on what means what.

Name: Akodo Takemono
Clan: Lion School: Akodo Bushi
Rank:2 Insight: 166 (this number is basically your experience, it is calculated by (rings x 10) + skills + insight bonuses)
Earth ring: 2 (each ring represents 2 stats you need to raise both in order to raise your ring. Earth represents Stamina and Willpower.)
Water ring: 3 (strength and perception)
Fire ring: 3 (agility and intelligence)
Air ring: 3 (reflexes and awareness)
Void ring:3 (this represents void points, think of them as luck points)
Attack: Katana
to hit: 9k6+6
DR ( damage rolled) 6k2
special: free raise for every 2 succesful called shot raises (this will be clarified in play)
armor: light armor +5
TN to be hit: (AC) 25 [this is the summation of reflexes x3 +armor+ other modifiers]
Initiative(roll reflexes keep school rank) : 3k2
HP: for the purposes of simplicity I will keep you aware of this during play.
Skills: (name, emphasis, rank)
Battle (mass combat) 3
Defense 5 (when down on your luck roll 8k5 and what you roll is added to your TN to be hit)
Kenjutsu (katana) 6 (this is your skill for all swords, emphasis' add to a particular named weapons ability to hit, hence the +6 to hit in your attack slot)
Kyujutsu 6 (this is your ability with bows)
Lore history 1 (what it sounds like)
Ettiquette (sincerity) 4 (it is VERY good to be polite in rokugan, this will help you ease situations)
Glory:2
Honor: 3.5
advantages:
Bishamons blessing: Any attack rolls/ strength rolls you make, when you call 2 raises you gain a free one.
Sacred weapon: Akodos blade (this is already taken into account on you attack slot)
disadvantages:
Can't Lie: this does not mean that you CAN'T lie, it just means no one will beleive you
Contrary: You have an opinion on everything and have a hard tiem keeping quiet, this will result with willpower checks when I inform you)
Brash (this is self explainatory)
techniques:
Way of the Lion: May ignore armor or gain free raise when attacking.

you gain a free raise on your first attack to an opponent in a skirmish.

or one that has declared a raise for an attack on you.

when rolling for damage you add your Water ring. you also add this on contestes Battle skill checks.
Strength of Purity: Before your attack declare either the attack or damage roll will have 2x honor rank added to its result.

Mayspend a void on contests of honor rolls, and only lose ha;f of the honor you would normally if you fail.

equipment:

Akodo's Blade (katana)

Wakizashi

bow, common

light armor

command tessen

kimono and sandals

20 arrows (armor piercers)

3 koku

ask questions on anything you like.

Titania

spak_man
Red Cap

Post by spak_man »

Alright, here is my Idea for a character.

Name:Hida Tsuro

Clan: Crab Clan

Family/School: Hida/Hida Bushi School

Physical Description: A huge Bear of a man, Hida Tsuro has the appearance one would expect of a Crab Warrior. A tall, muscular man with rough, dark skin, a long unkempt mane of hair kept tied back away from his face and a short scruffy beard. His weapon of choice is a large Tetsubo, an item given to him on his 7th birthday after his father was killed defending the Kaiu Wall from an attack from the shadowlands.

Personality and outlook: Hida Tsuro is a quiet man, and unlike many of his Clansmen, is soft spoken and tries to keep his emotions in check. Even from a very young age, he knew his destiny was to be a Warrior, a Stalwart defender of the Empire from the evils that besiege it. He strives to be the consummate soldier, a master of all the arts of warfare, and to leave the petty squabbling of the court to the courtesans. He views his duty as a great honor, and for him, to die defending the empire as his father did would be the greatest glory that could be bestowed upon him. In social situations, he is stubborn and blunt in his mannerisms, refusing to back down from what he believes to be right. He has little patience for the formalities of the court, but will always do his best to keep his anger in check, although his true emotions are always apparent.

QUOTES FROM GMS
"A DM is like a duck." -Aramis

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

spak_man wrote:
Alright, here is my Idea for a character.

Name:Hida Tsuro

Clan: Crab Clan

Family/School: Hida/Hida Bushi School

Physical Description: A huge Bear of a man, Hida Tsuro has the appearance one would expect of a Crab Warrior. A tall, muscular man with rough, dark skin, a long unkempt mane of hair kept tied back away from his face and a short scruffy beard. His weapon of choice is a large Tetsubo, an item given to him on his 7th birthday after his father was killed defending the Kaiu Wall from an attack from the shadowlands.

Personality and outlook: Hida Tsuro is a quiet man, and unlike many of his Clansmen, is soft spoken and tries to keep his emotions in check. Even from a very young age, he knew his destiny was to be a Warrior, a Stalwart defender of the Empire from the evils that besiege it. He strives to be the consummate soldier, a master of all the arts of warfare, and to leave the petty squabbling of the court to the courtesans. He views his duty as a great honor, and for him, to die defending the empire as his father did would be the greatest glory that could be bestowed upon him. In social situations, he is stubborn and blunt in his mannerisms, refusing to back down from what he believes to be right. He has little patience for the formalities of the court, but will always do his best to keep his anger in check, although his true emotions are always apparent.

awesome , I'll get right on him.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

looks like we are all playing samurai

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Technically, yes, but I am a Shugenja, which is more like a priest/holy man. More so in some ways than a Monk. But I still adhere as much as a Shugenja can to the code of Bushido.

I am Songo Yoji, Shugenja of the Sea Dragon Clan. I am obviously from a rich "priesthood".

Actually, the Sea Dragon Clan goes to great effort to have their clan look rich, because they are. So everyone is equipped with at least good quality goods.

My Clan is also known for being very accepting of Ronin who wish to redeem their honor.

My family is well known too. Many shugenja are among my family members. Far more than show up in any other family throughout the Empire.

Despite the wealth of my clan it quickly becomes apparent that I do not enjoy wealth. It also becomes quickly apparent that I have an opinion about everything, and have no problems giving it. Despite all that you find it easy to like me. Except Crane, clan honor demands you dislike me. My clan honor demands I be as polite to you as I can manage. Which hopefully angers you.

Crab Clan loves the Sea Dragon Clan, we often refer to each other as brothers and sisters we are on such good terms.

We are on good to great terms with every Clan, except the Crane. We even get along well with the Scorpion Clan, which bothers other Clans and most people in general.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Tora Nobunaga looks good, Titania. I especially like his powers to go invisible at will, and reading minds should be handy as well
But seriously, looks good. I notice that my character has multiple disadvantages but no advantages. Or is "Strong and Swift" (and sassy! ) my advantage?

"What's that, Grandfather Nona?" Nobunaga says to the air. "Alright. alright, I'll ask her"

"Grandfather's spirit asks to know when I shall have the opportunity to devastate my opponents as though they are mere bamboo reeds and regain our family's lost honour...and also, when is lunch. All of this harassing me has made him one hungry ghost"

Homer Simpson

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

You have two advantages, Bishamon's Blessing and Ancestral Weapon.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Treebore wrote:
You have two advantages, Bishamon's Blessing and Ancestral Weapon.

Those are Slimy's advantages. Or do all samurai get the same ones? Those two are not listed on my sheet, in any case.

I am happy with the character regardless, I just noticed I had a section labelled "disadvantages" and a list of ronin type things, but no "Advantages" heading. They are probably there, just don't have a heading above them

Regardless, here is my character in action. Especially at around the 3 minute mark. That soft electronic music plays as my opponents fall around me like cherry blossoms. Their deaths are swift...and beautiful

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

Aramis wrote:
Tora Nobunaga looks good, Titania. I especially like his powers to go invisible at will, and reading minds should be handy as well
But seriously, looks good. I notice that my character has multiple disadvantages but no advantages. Or is "Strong and Swift" (and sassy! ) my advantage?

"What's that, Grandfather Nona?" Nobunaga says to the air. "Alright. alright, I'll ask her"

"Grandfather's spirit asks to know when I shall have the opportunity to devastate my opponents as though they are mere bamboo reeds and regain our family's lost honour...and also, when is lunch. All of this harassing me has made him one hungry ghost"

Your a (former) murimoto. your deadly enough as it is
however if there is a particular advantage you want you may sacrifice the appropriate PC for it and lower one of your skills or one of your rings if you want more.

You did say you had the... 1st edition books right? the point values should have remained the same.

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

Also, forgot to mention that most of your disadvantages were due to you being ronin. Like, social disadvantage , Dark secret, driven, blah blah blah.

Also the disadvantages gave you extra CP, so it was used to get you closer to rank 3 than most.

Titania

daddystabz
Red Cap

Post by daddystabz »

I am a HUGE L5R fan and would loe to play! I have a lot of the 3E books but have never gotten to play as yet. I'd seriously need to brush up on the rules badly though. I think it could be cool also to take the D20 version of L5R and simply translate it into C&C rules, which would be quite simple. Then we could all more easily get on the same page.

If you have room for me I would simply LOVE to play as a Scorpion Clan Shinobi (Ninja) to add a lot of spice to the campaign. If not then I would be happy with a Hida Bushi.

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

daddystabz wrote:
I am a HUGE L5R fan and would loe to play! I have a lot of the 3E books but have never gotten to play as yet. I'd seriously need to brush up on the rules badly though. I think it could be cool also to take the D20 version of L5R and simply translate it into C&C rules, which would be quite simple. Then we could all more easily get on the same page.

If you have room for me I would simply LOVE to play as a Scorpion Clan Shinobi (Ninja) to add a lot of spice to the campaign. If not then I would be happy with a Hida Bushi.

Awesome! I'd love for you to play whatever you like. Just remember with the shinobi you have to choose a 'cover' class. Also if you would like to create your own charcter you would be welcome to, especially if it will help you brush up on the rules.

you have 80 CP to build him/her with.

thanks for deciding to join!

Titania

daddystabz
Red Cap

Post by daddystabz »

So it will be the 3E core rules right? No chance on my idea of using the D20 version translated into C&C rules? hehe

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

daddystabz wrote:
So it will be the 3E core rules right? No chance on my idea of using the D20 version translated into C&C rules? hehe

hehe not this time. I really want us to try the D10 version first, in my experience it really adds to the flavor.