Known effects of Aliceum (the Blue Star Metal)

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Treebore
Mogrl

Known effects of Aliceum (the Blue Star Metal)

Post by Treebore »

1. Cuts enchantment times in half of permanently enchanted items as long as there is 1 Dram of Aliceum per spell level to be put in the item to be enchanted.

It also prevents a enchanter (using permanency) from ever PERMANENTLY

losing a point of CON from the permanency. They still lose the CON, but always get it back when the save would be rolled.

2. It does not work with wands or any other "charged" item, but does work in potions and scrolls.

3. It does absorb spells. One level worth, per dram, however it cannot be used like a Rod of Absorption can be, IE to fuel your own spells. So it only absorbs like the Rod, never to discharge.

4. Aliceum can only be used once. Meaning if its been enchanted/charged, and then it is somehow discharged or disenchanted it will not work again. If it was made as a useable item such as a sword, dagger, staff, it will still act as a Expert made item, that doesn't rust, and gets an additional +5 to any saves versus being broken.

5. Also it can never be destroyed by magic, even after being "used". It can only be broken or melted by mundane means, such as thrown into a active volcano, or a strike from a giant, dragon, etc... even concerted efforts of a Blacksmith.

6. In potions each POWDERED dram increases the efficacy by 1 factor, decided by the formula written. A formula for a potion where the duration is increased/extended will only have that affect. A potion increasing the healing effectiveness of a Cure Critical Potion will add to the bonus, one point for every dram of the powder

7. Scroll inks. Up to 4 drams of powdered Alicium can be added to most ink formulae. Each dram added increases the effective Caster level of the Scroll spell by one, to a maximum of four caster levels. So if a caster makes a scroll when they are 6th level, and add 4 drams of the powder, it will be a caster level 10 scroll.

8. For unknown reasons, (but several Hypothesis exist) only the powdered form of Aliceum gathered in the Black Sands region works like it does in potions and scrolls. Pure Aliceum smashed into powder does nothing but create inert potions and scrolls.

8 dram equals one ounce

1 Dram equals 3.89 grams

128 drams equal one pound

257 Dram per Kilo

You bought Aliceum from a "source". In Outremere/New Enoch you will be able to sell it for 9,000 gold per pound, if your not just killed for it.

So each Dram is worth 70 gold.

So be very careful about who you let know you have Aliceum, let alone how much.

So the powdered Aliceum is worth 3,000 gold per pound and rounded up to 25 gold per Dram.

Your effectively very rich, but high wisdom would tell you its best to let only VERY trusted people know about it. It would also be very wise to hide it in a very safe place. A place where you cannot be charmed or tortured into giving up the location.

Thats my advice anyways. Now you decide if, and how, you can follow it.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Very cool and an excellent "precious" metal for a fantasy world!

Mine will be stashed underneath my girdle.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Nice write up Tree. Wow, I have a king's ransom in powdered Aliceum. (which I was spelling elysium)

A little pinch to each of my golem creations should do the trick.

Together, my pretties, we will rule the world (for good purposes of course )

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Aramis wrote:
Nice write up Tree. Wow, I have a king's ransom in powdered Aliceum. (which I was spelling elysium)

A little pinch to each of my golem creations should do the trick.

Together, my pretties, we will rule the world (for good purposes of course )

I named it Aliceum in honor of my wife, Alicia, who created the stuff when we wrote the module. We were going to call it Gylaxian, but we saved that for something else.

You'll need far more than a pinch for your golems, it will take at least 18 drams. I'll need to look up golem creation again to be sure.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.