Play By Post: Condensed Rules

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
shagra
Skobbit

Play By Post: Condensed Rules

Post by shagra »

I'm looking to CK a Play By Post campaign using the Condensed rules set, I've downloaded from RPGNow.

I like Play By Post because its a lot like a cross between role-playing and creative writing. I can post regularly each day at least once, and probably quite a few times if you want to move at a really quick pace.

The campaign will be in a completely scratch built world... you are welcome to throw concepts and random character ideas at me. I'd like to keep the group small since Play By Post can really fall apart if there is a slow poke in the group... I might even just want to do this as a solo project, or just two players who are really dedicated to weaving an epic tale with me...

Let the journey begin...

shagra
Skobbit

Hmmmmmm

Post by shagra »

Is it the fact I'm using the Condensed Rules, or the fact that its Play By Post that no one seems to be interested? Or both!??!?! lol

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

I might be interest. Let me know if more join up.

ssfsx17
Unkbartig

Post by ssfsx17 »

Mainly, it's the fact that you're using the Condensed Rules, which do not contain the Assassin, Illusionist or Bard, all of which are classes that I absolutely love in C&C.
C&C/D&D-related writings, Cortex Classic material, and other scraps: https://sites.google.com/site/x17rpgstuff/home

Class-less D&D: https://github.com/ssfsx17/skill20

shagra
Skobbit

Current PHB Edition?

Post by shagra »

If I order the Player's Handbook, what is the current latest edition? The Third Prining I saw on Amazon? Is it available now, or on back order?

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Current PHB Edition?

Post by Treebore »

shagra wrote:
If I order the Player's Handbook, what is the current latest edition? The Third Prining I saw on Amazon? Is it available now, or on back order?

The Trolls have a "Buy one get one free" sale going on right now. Order the PH 3rd printing and M&T second printing and get both for $20 plus about $3 shipping if your in the US.

But yes, the Amazon listing looks to be the 3rd printing. Which is the latest print run.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Hmmmmmm

Post by Rhuvein »

shagra wrote:
Is it the fact I'm using the Condensed Rules, or the fact that its Play By Post that no one seems to be interested? Or both!??!?! lol

Hard to say. I have no problem with the Condensed Rules and might be interested if you host the game here. I find it much easier to do PBP at a forum where I go everyday.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

shagra
Skobbit

Great deal

Post by shagra »

Hey Treebore... thanks for the heads up on the deal they are offering. I'll have to scoop that up... guess I wasn't paying attention!

I just wanted to run the condensed for now, since I have it and already bought it, but never did anything with it!

Rob

shagra
Skobbit

Looks like we have a few players now

Post by shagra »

Hi guys... I have a few players now...

nwelte1 (still in?)

mordrene who pm'ed me

and Rhuvein...

I'll close it out there, and send details for character creation and the storyline.

Thanks

Rob

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

Sure I am in if you have a few people playing. Sorry I did no respond last week. Family emergency.

mordrene
Ulthal

Post by mordrene »

whats the latest?

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

mordrene wrote:
whats the latest?

Yep. Word?

shagra
Skobbit

Getting the full version

Post by shagra »

Sorry.. I know this response is only about 3 months late! I'm going ahead and picking up the newest versions of the books. I'd still like to play or CK an online game... maybe after the holidays with my shiny new books!

Rob

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Getting the full version

Post by Rhuvein »

shagra wrote:
Sorry.. I know this response is only about 3 months late! I'm going ahead and picking up the newest versions of the books. I'd still like to play or CK an online game... maybe after the holidays with my shiny new books!

Rob

OK, I'll watch for any posts after the New Year.

Enjoy the books!!!