Castles and Crusades PbP Game-Yggsburgh

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
acererak

Castles and Crusades PbP Game-Yggsburgh

Post by acererak »

I was wondering if there is any interest in a play by post C&C game. I was thinking of the Yggsburgh setting placed in the original World of Greyhawk. I would be willing to run the game, or co-Gm if anybody's interested. I was hoping for something open ended where players make their own adventures by their choices and interactions. Of course I would want people who are committed because if the game just dies out after a short while it wasn't worth anyone's time. I can commit to daily posting, I was hoping everyone else could do every day or every other day. I know PbP is not everyone's bag. Anyway, if anyone wants to get a dialogue going about starting this thing.......

jllama

Sure!

Post by jllama »

I'd be interested in playing. It might be hard for me to post daily, but I could try...

Snaebjorn

Post by Snaebjorn »

Chello!

Interested....

Tony

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I can post everyday, most likely, except weekends, when I am not at home, and I do not usually use a computer for much. But, that's assuming you'd want the likes of me to join a game...

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Interested

Post by Tadhg »

Assuming the game is here, I'd love to join!!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

acererak

Post by acererak »

Rhu, I 'm going to have the game here- so I hope that means you are in. Jllama, Snaebjorn, and Serleran glad to have all of you!! I would really like to have input as to what sort of campaign you want- I was throwing around a few ideas, but tell me what you guys want. Do you want to play some of the classic AD&D stuff as C&C or are you leaning towards something else? All elves, all rogue/ thief/robber/criminal types? I want something that will interest you all.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Just some adventure. Combat tends to be slow in a PbP, but if we have to post everyday, it might not be so bad, though you'll need to develop some "penalty" if we don't so the game stays at a decent pace. If you're using houserules, I'd like to know them before starting... but, otherwise, I'll probably play a dwarf something, since I haven't played a dwarf in a long time. Maybe a fighter. I usually play roguish types, or spellcasters, so I'd like to avoid that for myself.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

acererak wrote:
Rhu, I 'm going to have the game here- so I hope that means you are in. Jllama, Snaebjorn, and Serleran glad to have all of you!! I would really like to have input as to what sort of campaign you want- I was throwing around a few ideas, but tell me what you guys want. Do you want to play some of the classic AD&D stuff as C&C or are you leaning towards something else? All elves, all rogue/ thief/robber/criminal types? I want something that will interest you all.

Yayyy, excellente. I'm very open for anything, but I will follow this thread and jump in, if necessary.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Castles and Crusades PbP Game-Yggsburgh

Post by Tadhg »

acererak wrote:
I was thinking of the Yggsburgh setting placed in the original World of Greyhawk.

acererak

Post by acererak »

I will pm you guys my house rules (there are a very few). As for combat, to keep it rolling we can work something out-like if you can't post everyday during a battle the CK or fellow player will devise a realistic course of action for the character.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Thanks. I'm very excited about the game. I think we have a great group here. Looking forward to getting started!!

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Alrighty, I got the houserules, and I think I'll play a fighter, since I rarely do. How does character creation proceed? Do you roll our stats, or do we roll them and have some means to verify the results? What about other rolls? Its been my experience that the CK makes all rolls for the players, but I've heard there are other ways.

Moorcrys
Red Cap

Post by Moorcrys »

If there's any room left I would love to jump in as well... if not that's OK too.

Moorcrys

acererak

Post by acererak »

Moorcrys we have room so welcome aboard!

Serleran, I would like to use the irony games dice roller, here is linkage
http://www.irony.com/mailroll.html

4d6-drop the lowest, arrange as desired -starting gold rolled as per C&C PHB- my email is as follows : [email protected]

the dice roller lets you guys email me dice rolls

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Ok, you should have an email with my stats, then. Are they in order, or re-arrange? I hope re-arrange, or I'm gonna be a craptastic dwarf.

Moorcrys
Red Cap

Post by Moorcrys »

Great!
I used the dice roller -- you should get my email.

I'd love the house rules when you get a chance before I decide on my race and class.

Cheers, looking forward to it.

Moorcrys

acererak

Post by acererak »

serleran wrote:
Ok, you should have an email with my stats, then. Are they in order, or re-arrange? I hope re-arrange, or I'm gonna be a craptastic dwarf.

Hail and well met I am Stonebeard the Craptastic! No but seriously, it's rearrange, so you don't have to be craptastical. So far I only have Seleran and Moorcrys, so I just need the rest of you guys to email me rolls please. Also, if anyone wants to PM or Email me character concepts/ideas I'm cool with that. I'm excited to get things going! Very greatful that you have all taken the time to follow this thread.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I've used the Irony roller in the past and think it's great, so I'll have something soon along with a char/class idea.

Moorcrys
Red Cap

Post by Moorcrys »

Acererak,

Would you like us to email you with character ideas?

Could you email me your house rules using the diceroller email I sent to you? If there are character class changes I'd love to look at them before I send you my class idea.

Thanks!

Moorcrys

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Heh, I spoke too soon w/regard to the "great" Irony Dice Roller. Dagnabit dice roller gave me a 5!
Attribute stats have been sent, now I'll have a look at which class/race can best absorb a 5. Heh, not really, but I'll most likely choose gnome, halfling or elf.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Naw! Half-Orc Ranger! :) Take the 3 Charisma... you know you wanna (its what I'm playing in my tabletop game.)

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Oh, one more question: the houserules did not mention not using encumbrance... are we, then, using it? :) Makes a difference... a significant difference.

acererak

Post by acererak »

I'm fast and loose with encumbrance, no carrying marble statues and solid gold chests on your back, but i'm flexible. I don't track strictly unless its being abused.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

acererak wrote:
I'm fast and loose with encumbrance, no carrying marble statues and solid gold chests on your back, but i'm flexible. I don't track strictly unless its being abused.

acererak

Post by acererak »

Guys, as we are playing heroic characters I don't want anyone to have more than one below average (9) stat. If you have two numbers below 9, raise one to 9. I have states from Rhu, Ser, and Moor . I would like to get started shortly provided you are all still interested, so feel free to email me character concepts

Moorcrys
Red Cap

Post by Moorcrys »

Hey guys,

I think I'll be playing a half-elfin bard by the name of Gelias Brighteye.

Acererak I'll be forwarding you my character information tonight and/or tomorrow night... I'm out in the country till tomorrow so I don't have my books with me, but I have a char history to send you.

Cheers...

Moorcrys

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

acererak wrote:
Guys, as we are playing heroic characters I don't want anyone to have more than one below average (9) stat. If you have two numbers below 9, raise one to 9. I have states from Rhu, Ser, and Moor . I would like to get started shortly provided you are all still interested, so feel free to email me character concepts

Excellent, thanks. I do indeed have 2 attributes under 9, so I'll make the adjustment and send them along with my completed char gen sheet. Definitely still interested and excited about the game!

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I've sent you an email on what I want to play, with the stats arranged. Have not determined starting equipment yet, but that should be easy. Are we going to create backgrounds or just assuming stuff about PC knowledge? I'm fine either way... by the way, everyone, I'm gonna be a dwarf fighter.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I decided to go with being a halfling cleric!

acererak

starting

Post by acererak »

Hope to start soon, the characters are rolling in! Just have to PM the other two guys and see if they are still interested.