Saturdays at 17:00 PST, lasting for an average of 4 hours
Example timetable of when this is: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... =70&p4=179Setting:
This campaign takes place in the Planescape Campaign Setting. The Faction War module never happened, and never will happen. Some additional things have been added, such as guilds who teach skills, and other factions and planes. In one case, the world of Dragonlance (Krynn) was radically-altered by the party's actions.Meta-Rules:
- Script Change RPG Toolbox: https://www.briecs.com/p/script-change-rpg-tool.html
- This provides a framework for pausing the game, requesting that a situation should stop going in an excessively-sexual or violent direction, requesting changes to the game's atmosphere, stopping unwanted PvP, etc.
- No sentient creature can be born inherently good or evil. Instead, I rule that it is alignment energies from the Outer Planes, culture, the influence of the gods, philosophies, faction memberships, etc. that can shape both physical and mental development.
- We will warn and kick players who try to make the world revolve around them, or knowingly cause harm to other players. Luckily, the need for kicking anyone has been extremely rare so far.Game Rules:
- Class-less D&D-based system: https://github.com/ssfsx17/skill20
- The key difference compared to any other edition is its being class-less. Otherwise, D&D fundamentals still apply. Magic, psionics, and wondrous items start with the 3rd-edition-family as the base, but other editions have been used for spells when they were easier to use in specific situations, such as Entangle.
- Optional rules used - All of those listed on the site (Feats, Ideals, skill gems, etc). Ideals will be further worked out as a continuous and never-ending process.
- As of the time of this post, new characters gain 57,000 experience (on top of starting experience) and have 19,000 gold.What to know about me, the DM:
In general, I'm more 90's-school and new-school, rather than old-school.
- I don't like dungeon crawling - neither playing it, nor prepping the material for it. Instead, enemies usually have simple strongholds with full standing militaries. Or, "dungeon"-like areas will be small and focused on crazy concepts.
- I don't like TPKs with zero warning. I try to give chances for detection, negotiation, escape, etc.
- Characters still die in situations such as - being the only target visible to a bunch of Fireball-casting driders, getting left behind by their party-members who can teleport, etc.What happened in the campaign so far:
A bunch of adventures and tasks, new planes discovered, and personal quests achieved. Now, it is time for the party to decide which ideals
they will embody.Technical Details:
- Discord - https://discord.gg/BaaHt6Z
- this is how we all stay in touch, as well as voice chat
- MapTool - http://www.rptools.net/
- this is due to it using an infinitely-expandable map, which fits our style a lot better