What should I run next?

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Treebore
Mogrl

What should I run next?

Post by Treebore »

Not sure when I will be wrapping up Victorious. I am currently thinking December is likely. So I am thinking what do I want to run next, and thought I probably should ask my players if they have any preferences.

So do you?
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Re: What should I run next?

Post by alcyone »

A non-D&D fantasy system maybe, like Fantasy AGE or something. DCC? Legend?
Still haven't played 5e but I think Rigon was thinking of doing that.
Also have been wanting to do some Swords and Wizardry against any of their large adventures.
BECMI modules using ACKS, Dark Dungeons or Labyrinth Lord?

But since this is a Troll Lord board, maybe HH, but I think you have probably run everything the Trolls make. Maybe some high level play.

These ideas are all more rule systems than settings. My favorite setting is generic D&D or something a little more "heroic fantasy".
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I'd be willing to do short games of DCC, AGE and Legends.

I would be willing to do longer term games of Dark Dungeons and LL.

One thing I was thinking of doing was having you guys pull out your old highest level characters, and run you through the BECMI series, starting with Test of the Warlords. Probably end with Death's Ride.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Treebore wrote:I'd be willing to do short games of DCC, AGE and Legends.

One thing I was thinking of doing was having you guys pull out your old highest level characters, and run you through the BECMI series, starting with Test of the Warlords. Probably end with Death's Ride.
That sounds like something I'd like to do. My highest level character was a 12th level Ranger, but he was a bad ass. Actually any of the above listed look good to me.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Treebore wrote:
Sounds like fun. never played any of them (or really, anything in mystara, I think). Always wanted to see what it was like

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

maximus wrote:

That sounds like something I'd like to do. My highest level character was a 12th level Ranger, but he was a bad ass. Actually any of the above listed look good to me.
I read this this morning before work, and have been thinking about it all day (while waiting for my federal access to stop locking up every 5 to 10 min, so I had a lot of time to think about it!!!!)

The high level sounds good to me (well they all do). However, I could not bring myself to play my favorite highest level character - 11th level Paladin - his heroic death in a snow filled Mtn pass against a massive demon deserves to be his end. To ever roll a die for him again after his sacrifice would be sacrilege ! I remember a little about a higher level paladin dying holding a gate from demons devils as it was being closed and sealed, but don't remember much of him and he wasn't my preferred high level paladin anyway.

Following Sir Gadwin (the 11th level paladin) , I have a 9th or 10th level caviler & a 10thish level thief that I remember fondly. I could bring either of them out of retirement and enjoy playing them again.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:
maximus wrote:

I read this this morning before work, and have been thinking about it all day (while waiting for my federal access to stop locking up every 5 to 10 min, so I had a lot of time to think about it!!!!)

The high level sounds good to me (well they all do). However, I could not bring myself to play my favorite highest level character - 11th level Paladin - his heroic death in a snow filled Mtn pass against a massive demon deserves to be his end. To ever roll a die for him again after his sacrifice would be sacrilege ! I remember a little about a higher level paladin dying holding a gate from demons devils as it was being closed and sealed, but don't remember much of him and he wasn't my preferred high level paladin anyway.

Following Sir Gadwin (the 11th level paladin) , I have a 9th or 10th level caviler & a 10thish level thief that I remember fondly. I could bring either of them out of retirement and enjoy playing them again.
What is the highest level you have played in my games?

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:
Lurker wrote:
maximus wrote:

De Rump from when you let me jump in and start gaming again in your Wilderlands game. If I remember correctly, he was 12th ish level. I can't count him as 'my character' though as he was a book NPC that you let me fill in with and then eventually you started giving him exp.

Prior to that I only gamed with you a little prior to my "finish college, deploy, retire, move, start and finish college again" hiatus from gaming. So, I didn't have any high level characters from then.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:
Treebore wrote:
Lurker wrote:
maximus wrote:

De Rump from when you let me jump in and start gaming again in your Wilderlands game. If I remember correctly, he was 12th ish level. I can't count him as 'my character' though as he was a book NPC that you let me fill in with and then eventually you started giving him exp.

Prior to that I only gamed with you a little prior to my "finish college, deploy, retire, move, start and finish college again" hiatus from gaming. So, I didn't have any high level characters from then.
Then send me the Cavalier and Thief when you can. I am concerned at your amount of magic. Most of these guys played through a lot of the old classics with their highest level characters, so have a LOT of magic. They went through all of the Against the Giants series, then through all of the Queen of the Demonweb Pits series. TONS of magic in those.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:

Then send me the Cavalier and Thief when you can. I am concerned at your amount of magic. Most of these guys played through a lot of the old classics with their highest level characters, so have a LOT of magic. They went through all of the Against the Giants series, then through all of the Queen of the Demonweb Pits series. TONS of magic in those.

Rgr that is what I though (on the low magic item issue)

I'll have to dig out the ole old notes and characters. The are hand written and stuffed in boxes and note pads with my home brew notes ideas for my home brew world and characters NPCs

I can't remember if the cavalier is 1e or 2e. I know he started as 1e, but may have been converted to 2e along the way.

The thief is 2e from Forgotten Realms

To save time do you want me to convert them to C&C when I send them to you ?

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:
Treebore wrote:

I'll have to dig out the ole old notes and characters. The are hand written and stuffed in boxes and note pads with my home brew notes ideas for my home brew world and characters NPCs

I can't remember if the cavalier is 1e or 2e. I know he started as 1e, but may have been converted to 2e along the way.

No need, I am so used to converting things to C&C, I do it practically without even thinking about it.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:
Lurker wrote:

No need, I am so used to converting things to C&C, I do it practically without even thinking about it.

I'm sure you can, me on the other hand not so much. so I guess I should have asked it as "are we going to play the character as C&C, and if so do you want me too start converting them now so they aren't mucked up when it comes to game day?" ;)

C&C Society