View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Penny's Wednesday night game slot 
Cleric of Zagyg

Post Penny's Wednesday night game slot
OK, so after the excellent Expedition game – we talked briefly about continued gaming or taking the summer off. I'm fine with either.

Penny mentioned that she might be willing to run some more Stars Without Numbers, if we are interested.

And after talking about some other sci-fi games MA, Star Frontiers et. al. - I've been thinking about mixing several of those games into one, that would be governed and run under C&C.

Seems like it would be cool for the players to choose a class and/or race from any sci-fi game and then pick some skills or abilities that will be handled by the SIEGE engine.

So, if one wanted to have a Yazirian Jedi padawan or a Vrusk medic, go for it.

Vortigaunts from Half-Life would work great as a race.

I thought I would throw some thoughts out there about this way of creating a sci-fi game for you guys to consider.

Incidentally, last week when I was thinking about HL – it seems like you could have the army type cleric who could be a field semi-surgeon (with high tech healing tools); and at the same time you could have a Vortigaunt/human/Vrush divine cleric who can do their way of healing.

With regard to MA – one thing I don't like is the 3 phases presentation of how to run the game. I'd throw that out from the start and players can be robots, androids or humans (or any other race from other games) from the start.

And I would also eliminate the overkill radiation and other quick kill elements of the spaceship that require constant new chars to be churned out of the vats. That got boring in Jim's game after the 3rd death of my android.

It might be cool to try a one off session to see how this could work. I have a small one night adventure from Star Frontiers.

Even if we don't do this, it's been fun for me to think about what works and does not in some of these sci-fi games.

Your thoughts are welcome.

:P

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:21 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Post Re: Penny's Wednesday night game slot
Yeah, I don't the think the phase thing was in 1e. Don't know when they added it but it's in 4e.

Was thinking of using Wednesday for my campaign, but only if you, Gringnr and Scitzz can do it that night.

Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:09 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

Aergraith wrote:
Yeah, I don't the think the phase thing was in 1e. Don't know when they added it but it's in 4e.

Whatchu talkin about, Willis?

phase spiders?

:?

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:55 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

Aergraith wrote:
Was thinking of using Wednesday for my campaign, but only if you, Gringnr and Scitzz can do it that night.

Remember, we said last night (I think . . or in past discussions) that Gringnr can't do Wednesday evenings.

But, if you want to do Weds night - it's OK by me.

Otherwise, you will get the Sunday opposite Nate's game slot for Xyll - if you wish. Then Gringnr and Scitzz can play.

And my thought is to run something for our group when you do play in Nate's game. Perhaps, I can do this sci-fi test in the opposite night.

8-)

Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:00 am
Greater Lore Drake

Rhuvein wrote:
Aergraith wrote:

phase spiders?

I'm talking about

Rhuvein wrote:
With regard to MA – one thing I don't like is the 3 phases presentation of how to run the game. I'd throw that out from the start and players can be robots, androids or humans (or any other race from other games) from the start.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:01 pm
Ulthal

I strongly prefer a Wednesday Aergraith game to completely avoid the problem of having to alternate games each week. Playing every two weeks really ruins the continuity for me -- especially when a holiday interferes and makes the break even longer.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:14 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

Aergraith wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:
Aergraith wrote:

phase spiders?

I'm talking about

Rhuvein wrote:

:lol:

Haha, not sure what I was thinking . . :D

Right! To clarify a bit - I didn't like the 3 phases of using androids, robot and then being able to use humans as your char.

I'm OK with some of thinking/presentation of the 3 phases of what happens on the ship. Although, much of phase 1 is silly/stupid - yeah radiation is everywhere.

On the other hand, phase 2 sometimes tells what happens aboard ship after phase 1. I'm OK with that as well.

But, I think I prefer that the CK handles that on a deck by deck situation. In other words, those phases of what's going in in ship vary quite a bit (and mebbe Jim was doing that in the 4E book and I didn't read into it that way).

Anyway, I did look at my 1E rules and a copy of my 25th ann version (very small and concise, btw!).

:P

Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:59 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

Penny-Whistle wrote:
I strongly prefer a Wednesday Aergraith game to completely avoid the problem of having to alternate games each week. Playing every two weeks really ruins the continuity for me -- especially when a holiday interferes and makes the break even longer.

Totally agree. It's the best way.

OK, so then - I'll wait and see if you guys would be interested in a gonzo space extravaganza adventure game on Sunday nights!!! :D

Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:02 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

Was reading through a Star Wars (wiz coast d20) game today. Invasion of Theed. The presentation/box is very well done, but unless one wishes to go all out SWs - it's not for me.

However, I remembered and found a Fastplay adventure that would be perfect for a one night session to test out a wild and crazy sci-fi anything goes Rhugame

Just sayin'

The one night adventure in Star Frontiers is also fabulous.

8-)

Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]