Victorious will be next...

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Aramis
Lore Drake

Re: Victorious will be next...

Post by Aramis »

Lurker wrote:
Aramis wrote:Image
From your description the other night - being an item / agent of the English Crown, and my character's history, and current ties to the office of The Secretary of Foreign Affairs , we may have a tie in to each other's characters.

Something like you were ordered from England, to America - New York - and then out to Chicago (if that is where Tree has us start) & I was ordered from my review of the South up the Mississippi to Chicago.

That way, though we may not have a history together, we have a reason to meet and work together other than just 'random' you are in a bar and ...

I was ordered to America to review America & the South (and spy a bit) to see who England needs to be ready to support in the upcoming Civil War, or who has an advantage in the war and if it is better if She stays out of picking sides in the war. However, I know from my service in the Crimea / Turkey to be ready for a change of orders.

I'm not sure on why you (and your Swish Watch Maker) would be ordered to America. Maybe, as a 'trial run' before you are sent the Continent .
Well, here is a bit of my description and background for you to work with.

The following is obviously considered Top Secret Ultra

Name: Galahad Akrasiel 3.0

Level 1

Height 6'5" weight 225

Golden Hair, Ice Blue eyes, skin almost a glowing alabaster

Galahad is inhumanly beatiful. His face is a Raphael painting, his body by Michelangelo. His voice is pitched at the perfect frequency for human ears to treat it with awe and respect. His farts smell like unicorn peppermint ;)

Social Class – Property of Her Majesty's Secret Service

Background

Project Akrasiel (Angel of vengeance/Justice)

Motto: Non potest in pactum. Non secum. Non est misereri, aut si rem vel metus. Et omnino non prohibere ... aeternum donec mortuus es! (: "It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until you are dead!" (Terminator))

Originally created at the behest of George III who was tantalised by Cambridge boffins' extravagant promises of metallic soldiers to fight his many colonial wars. In time, the project took on a greater urgency with the threat of the damned Corsican upstart menacing all of Europe

The original model was a crude box on wheels with whirring blades on the side. But the ingenuity of it came from a young Cambridge scholar named Babbage. He reasoned that a device could be placed within the box that could follow a series of preprogrammed commands. In time, this top secret project began to go beyond mere commands, to an attempt to create elementary reasoning

This work, with the unlimited funding of his majesty, progressed at an astonishing rate. But the machine, although now bipedal, remained crude and slow. And the reasoning was comically inept.

Enter Horst Wessel. Swiss watchmaker, scientist, genius. Throughout history there are those rare individuals that seem to see beyond all others, beyond history itself. Aristotle, Galileo, Newton, and now Wessel.

Wessel's first innovation was to create plasteel. A compound capable of mimicking human skin, but with the resilience of steel. Powered by electrical impulses the skin allowed for many wonderful possibilities hidden within an innocuous human-seeming steel frame

The second innovation was Wessel's realisation that by combining his plasteel with a sophisticated silicon material, he could create something capable of holding almost infinitely more logic gates than Babbage's innovative machine, but which would fit neatly within the skull of a machine man

Unfortunately for the military minds behind this project, Wessel was not only a mechanical genius but a man of deep moral conviction. He was not so naive as to think war had no place. The world was full of evil men, and the empire of Britain (who had kindly granted citizenship to Wessel and his family, to his eternal gratitude) was a beacon of light thwarting the evil doers.

However, Wessel feared the men behind the project might perhaps be tempted to let short sighted politics override their morality, and use the device for evil purposes. And this Wessel could not abide. He understood that by giving the device such a sophisticated mind, he was imparting it with the knowledge of its acts. He could not force the device to do evil , even in the service of a noble cause because he knew the device would know the nature of its acts, and be ashamed

So, Wessel innocently asked the government to fund a project to "train" the creature's mind. He used the best tutors of Cambridge to do so. And, as one might expect, they produced in the device a thorough English public school education. One concerned with the Bible, and classical heroes of myth and legends. Achilles, Hercules, David vs Goliath, and above all others, the knights of the round table.

The Leader of the secret project was of course furious when they realised what had been done. Their killing machine was now a contemplative academic who sought to do good in the world. But unlike most Cambridge dons, this one possesed superhuman strength, the wings of an angel, and an electrified ray weapon. However, they also knew that Wessel's genius was unique, so they grumbled, but they took what providence provided for them

Shortly after the culmination of Project Akrasiel, the following snippet of a story appeared in the Times during the troubles in the Crimea, although no follow up story was ever seen:
The Times wrote:...another soldier mentioned that he had seen an angel flying above the Russian line, flaming sword in hand. Neither bullet nor cannon seemed to hamper his flight.
"I can tell you, it gave the lads a right cheer, seein' that. I mean, the officers tell us God is with us an' all, but after Raglan's damned charge an' that, we was like doubtin' it. But I can tell you sure as you are sittin' there now, that angel was kicking quite a lot of Russian arse and..."
Do with that what you will, Lurker ;)

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Aramis wrote:
... Shortly after the culmination of Project Akrasiel, the following snippet of a story appeared in the Times during the troubles in the Crimea, ...

Do with that what you will, Lurker ;)
Sooooo you were in the Crimea, .... We may have already crossed paths, or at least know each other by reputation ... Tree, you call the ball on intertwining the ends of our stories ...

Great back story by the way !

Can't wait till Monday, and after yesterday, and more so today, I need a good fun game to reset the ole brain box.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I'm going to try to make it to this weeks (Monday 8/28) game.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:I'm going to try to make it to this weeks (Monday 8/28) game.

R-
Hope you do!

Mike will also be joining us, and Gabe is talking with me about his character... Thinking of buying the AA Powers PDF, since the author said those powers should be usable with a Victorious game.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Still working on my character. Should have it submitted by tomorrow morning.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

maximus wrote:Still working on my character. Should have it submitted by tomorrow morning.
A link I gave yesterday, in Skype, may be of use to your Moon Knight concept.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Lurker wrote:
Sooooo you were in the Crimea, .... We may have already crossed paths, or at least know each other by reputation ... Tree, you call the ball on intertwining the ends of our stories ...

I reread my character's history, I was never in Crimea, but my older brother was active in it. So, you more than likely know and may have worked with him. From that, you'll know my family name, my history, and know of me, but haven't met and worked with me, & I'll only know what my brother may have mentioned about you.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Tree, check your Skype. Want your thoughts before I post the character. Thx!

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Liam Burke
The Night's Vengeance

Age 25
Height 6' 2"
Weight 225#
Alignment: Good

AC: 13 Reinforced Leather
HP: 32
Init:
Actions: 1
Exp: 0
VP:
Funds: 3

S 15 +1
I 15 +1
W 11
D 18 +3 Prime
C 15 +1
CH 13 +1

Skills:

Acrobatics 1
Martial Arts 1
Roguery 1
Firearms 1

Powers:

Attribute (+3 Dex, +2 Con)
Keen Senses
Lightning Speed +3 initiative
Robust

Shortcomings:

Enemy - Abdul bin Salami
Secret Identity

Gear:

Cavalry Saber
Stiletto
Boots
Average Suit
Shirt
Slouch Hat
Cape
Scarf (used to cover face)

Son of an Irish immigrant, Liam grew up poor in an immigrant enclave in Chicago. Graduating from petty theft, to full time membership in an Irish youth gang, Liam found himself on the wrong side of the law more often than not. After a sympathetic judge gave him a last chance rather than sentence him to jail, he took a chance and joined the United States Marine Corps. Always big and exceptionally athletic, the Corps only intensified his interest in fighting. He became a top notch boxer, wrestler, and was qualified as a sharp shooter. His service abroad took him to several exotic places, including a mission to guard several well known archaeologists exploring in Egypt. While exploring a newly discovered site, the exploration team was set upon by desert raiders, led by the infamous fanatic Abdul bin Salami. Badly wounded protecting the team, the raiders were eventually fought off. Brought to the feet of the statue of the Moon God Khonshu, Liam was presumed dead. He mysteriously rose up after a warm, moon-like light shone over him. It was assumed that he was not wounded as badly as originally thought. In reality, Khonshu brought him back to serve him in the troubling times ahead. Liam returned to the United States, not really sure of what had happened. He finished his service, mustered out, and took work as a guard/gun for hire on the frontier, using his newly granted abilities to wreak vengeance on those deserving. He has recently found himself back in Chicago to attend to some family matters.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Aergraith wrote:Faith Finney
Hero Name: Faith Healer

She is a small, thin woman of 28 years, and looks younger than her age due to her posture and simple, modest clothing. She requires crutches and leg braces to move and stand, though she's of average strength other than her legs.

Crud, just say this, Sorry I missed her in my intro to the game in the "Crusades" thread earlier. I have her in there now

Athiest ... Hmmmm, with Roger Mosby's / Schima's reliance on faith leader's teaching and guidance to help keep him from going insane, and Galahad Akrasiel 3.0's programing of bible morals, that could be interesting role playing at least between adventures and over dinner.

Can't wait for it to start !

C&C Society

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

DRAT .... I just read this

All Heroes start play with the “Prime” skill for the
chosen attribute and a number of skills equal to one plus
their intelligence bonus.

P.12 from the book ...

I'm not sure I did skills right on Roger M / Schima, but I KNOW I didn't do it right on all the others I made as practice / back up ...

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I have Skype up for anyone who wants to ask me questions prior to game time.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I know I said I was going to try to make it tonight, but I feel like crap. Body aches, slight fever, and light headed. I'm off to bed.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:I know I said I was going to try to make it tonight, but I feel like crap. Body aches, slight fever, and light headed. I'm off to bed.

R-
:(

Hope you make it next week, to run your game!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Roll 20 link up in SKYPE, along with a Pinterest link to give image inspiration, especially if your playing a woman.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

maximus wrote:Liam Burke
The Night's Vengeance

... While exploring a newly discovered site, the exploration team was set upon by desert raiders, led by the infamous fanatic Abdul bin Salami. Badly wounded protecting the team, the raiders were eventually fought off. ....
I just caught that, ... I wonder if he is one of the henchmen of the Turks I have as one of my enemies .... A little something for Tree to play with there

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I have decided upon a date for "The Event". It is April 17th, 1815. The eruption of Mt Tambora.

I have also decided on a few other things, such as definitions of "Super men". In general, it will be defined by having a power that enables you to do anything beyond normal humanity. So if you use a power to increase 1 or more of your attributes all up to an 18, that will not make you "Super". Having attributes above an 18 will. Being able to fly, or having a degree of invulnerability, or being able to climb walls like a spider, etc... will also gain you the moniker of "Super man".

I am also making decisions on alternate history resulting from having over 75 years of "Super men" in the world. One example is Frederick III Von Hohenzollern will still be Kaiser of the German Empire and King of Prussia.

I probably, but am far from sure about this just yet, but definitely leaning towards, the US Civil War never occurring.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

We are going to 6 Flags today, but I fully expect us to be home in time for me to run this, or play, if Rigon is running his. Since he hasn't posted anything, I am presuming I am running this again.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I intend to run my game, however, we are heading to my mother's (1 1/2 to 2 hours away) for the afternoon. I expect to be back by game time, but may be a little late.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Some alternate history ideas I have on my list for consideration...

Date: ???? France seizes Congo from Belgium using a loophole in investment agreement
Date: ???? France invades Morocco, Britain and Germany protest but do not raise arms.
Date: ???? France contests territories in West Africa, Britain agrees to sell single colony to France.
Date: ??? ? France backs Russia in enforcing the Treaty of San Stefano, Congress of Berlin fails.
USA
The Mexican-American War is more disastrous for Mexico as Rebels prevent a common front against America.
Trist is not appointed ambassador to Mexico and Polk is able to enforce all his demands from Mexico.
The addition of southern territories and the repeal of the 3/5 compromise prevents the Civil War.
Cuba is purchased from Spain
Rupertsland is purchased from Canada.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I posted my character on the first page. Let me know if I need to change anything.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:I posted my character on the first page. Let me know if I need to change anything.

R-

Looks like you have your powers and skills done correctly, so all should be good.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:
Rigon wrote:I posted my character on the first page. Let me know if I need to change anything.

R-

Looks like you have your powers and skills done correctly, so all should be good.
So, you did go with 'night crawler' . I have him in the intro for the game's crusade thread

C&C Society

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Treebore wrote:I am also making decisions on alternate history resulting from having over 75 years of "Super men" in the world. One example is Frederick III Von Hohenzollern will still be Kaiser of the German Empire and King of Prussia.
Woo-hoo! no Willie at the Kaiserhoff! At least, not yet. ;)
Treebore wrote:I probably, but am far from sure about this just yet, but definitely leaning towards, the US Civil War never occurring.
So, in this case, is slavery still around? Or was it legislated away like in Brazil?

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Lurker wrote:
Treebore wrote:

R-

So, you did go with 'night crawler' . I have him in the intro for the game's crusade thread
Yeah, I thought about doing another character, a Batman or Hawkeye type, but decided to stick with this one. I like the idea of playing an infiltrator type.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

DMMike wrote:
Treebore wrote:I am also making decisions on alternate history resulting from having over 75 years of "Super men" in the world. One example is Frederick III Von Hohenzollern will still be Kaiser of the German Empire and King of Prussia.
Woo-hoo! no Willie at the Kaiserhoff! At least, not yet. ;)
Treebore wrote:I probably, but am far from sure about this just yet, but definitely leaning towards, the US Civil War never occurring.
So, in this case, is slavery still around? Or was it legislated away like in Brazil?

Mike
Slavery is still around, but is on its way out due to economic realities. The most common political "solution" being bandied about is to ship them all back to Africa. However its still a few years off, by the estimates made by the "experts", whomever they are. Racism is high every where in the US, and the US is MUCH bigger if you look at the things I posted in my second post. I am taking several possibilities that occurred in history and making them as to have happened. So like Canada will be MUCH smaller, and the US will be MUCH larger. I am focusing mostly on North America and Europe, but I am also eyeing how things went for China, etc...

Edit: Legally, slavery is gone, however, share cropping is very much an institution of its own, and since the Reconstruction period never occurred, the black community was never able to raise a generation of legislators or leaders to build off of. So they are still pretty horribly off.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I have posted a link to our Skype chat. It leads to my google plus folder for Victorious, which includes all of Mike's PDF's for those of you who do not own them. I think all of you do own it, but just in case....

Probably the most important, I have a US map up, that you need to familiarize yourself with, because that is how the USA looks now, in our 1893. Also be aware that Greenland and Cuba are also US possessions, and not shown on the map.

For you historians in this group, I do plan on providing an outline as to what treaties were broken, or what proposed agreements actually happened, to show how things have ended up the way they do for our setting.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Pardon my ignorance, but where are the links being posted?

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

DMMike wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but where are the links being posted?

Mike

Go to our group Skype chat. Its in there.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Tree, there seems to be something wrong with the map. I can't view it and when I download it, it comes out as corrupted.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads