Victorious will be next...

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Victorious will be next...

Post by Treebore »

DMMike wrote:Just to be clear, we're meeting again this Monday (Apr 23) right?

Mike the sometimes punctual
Yes, because you asked Liz, and she said you guys weren't doing anything else. Otherwise we would be doing Traveller. Or Aramis would be running something.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Not sure it you guys played, but sorry I missed it. We didn't leave the school until 1145 pm. I figured that Damon needed to set out this next episode anyways, with his injuries and wanting to become a better fighter. He would have been working on the martial artist skills that Herr Roger taught him and practicing with his newly acquired throwing knives. In the basement of Fraulein Alexandria's house so as to not disturb the good doctor or his patiences, of course. (a good way to explain the jump in attack and damage bonus I picked up when I took the martial artist skill)

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

You didn't miss much, though we did a lot of noncombat stuff. Went to the fair, shopped at Hunter & Hunter, Ltd. for Adamantine wesscots and corsets, and found rumors of an "Iron Man" robbing banks. ;)

Mike, who's character is still stuck at the Holmes Hotel!
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

DMMike wrote:You didn't miss much, though we did a lot of noncombat stuff. Went to the fair, shopped at Hunter & Hunter, Ltd. for Adamantine wesscots and corsets, and found rumors of an "Iron Man" robbing banks. ;)

Thats because you lost control of your powers in your sleep and woke up in a giant ice cube that you have to wait until it melts.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

DMMike wrote:You didn't miss much, though we did a lot of noncombat stuff. Went to the fair, shopped at Hunter & Hunter, Ltd. for Adamantine wesscots and corsets, and found rumors of an "Iron Man" robbing banks. ;)

Rgr, not a lot of "action" in the session. Roger bought everyone armor from the $500 he found in Holm's office safe. Everyone got waist coats (+3 AC) & the ladies also got shield umbrellas (forgot the + to AC for them). However, with my normal roll 20 luck, they didn't have any that fit there on hand, so we will have to wait 3 weeks before they are delivered.

I'd bet Tree will retcon it if you want something else in addition to the armor and say you can buy it or order it to get delivered with the armor.

The rest of the game was tracking down a rumor about a bank robbery where 1 person/ thing busted through the back wall of the bank, ripped the walk in safe open like a tin can and stole all the money. Then I (thanks to my version of The Baker St Boys) found out that it went right to the lake bank and jumped in the lake. Looking there are something like 11 banks that fit the profile of the bank that was robbed.

Oh yeah got a description from bank workers that saw someone casing the bank a few days before it was robbed.

We ended the night with me having the idea to go talk to "The Queen of Spades" and see if she has heard of anyone fitting its description in the area, and if not, let her know there is another bad actor starting to work in her little pond. Plus, because they were arses, I might mention to her the 2 "Home office" agents in the area and the book they have from Mr Holms. Maybe she can use the info to be an annoyance to them instead us for once.

So with that, I (and I assume Jean Cladue and Liam) were getting changed into tuxes to go to her cabaret. You could come too, but I'm not sure how good of a make up artist you are to get in.

While I did the investigator bit, everyone else healed up and worked on their new skills (Miss A also took Martial arts), so I assume I had been teaching you 2 and then you were polishing off your skills
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I definitely fine with assuming Damon went along on the shopping trip.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Liam has a few ranks in Martial Arts as well, so he can certainly help with the training. As long as there's no Roll20 rolls to be made...

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

maximus wrote:Liam has a few ranks in Martial Arts as well, so he can certainly help with the training. As long as there's no Roll20 rolls to be made...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, its gotten so bad for you that when I think Roll 20 is being completely biased against me, I now ask myself, "Is it as bad as it is for Tim? " and then I feel a whole lot better!

:lol: :lol:

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Yeah, I'm good with going to Hunters and Hunters (I definetly need better armor). I can pay for the knives myself, as they should be the general average ones. Damon would not attend the cabaret, but he would use the time to sharpen his skills new fighting skills.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rigon wrote:Yeah, I'm good with going to Hunters and Hunters (I definetly need better armor). I can pay for the knives myself, as they should be the general average ones. Damon would not attend the cabaret, but he would use the time to sharpen his skills new fighting skills.

R-

Well, at the least you have a +3 waist coat. Consider it a gift from the most loyal local representative of Her Majesty ;)

But I'm sure the time at the cabaret would be positive entertainment. If you play your cards right she may even make you an ad hoc part of the show . It will be like old times when 'The Queen of Spades' read our minds and made us her special little puppets . But this time you may get a few tips from it :shock: :lol:
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Lurker wrote:
Rigon wrote:Yeah, I'm good with going to Hunters and Hunters (I definetly need better armor). I can pay for the knives myself, as they should be the general average ones. Damon would not attend the cabaret, but he would use the time to sharpen his skills new fighting skills.

R-

Well, at the least you have a +3 waist coat. Consider it a gift from the most loyal local representative of Her Majesty ;)

But I'm sure the time at the cabaret would be positive entertainment. If you play your cards right she may even make you an ad hoc part of the show . It will be like old times when 'The Queen of Spades' read our minds and made us her special little puppets . But this time you may get a few tips from it :shock: :lol:
The days of me being a specticle are over, sir.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rigon wrote:
The days of me being a specticle are over, sir.

R-
But could you refuse a "command performance" from the Queen of Spades ???? More than likely not with the rolls on roll 20. I know I couldn't 3 different times :lol:

Tree, I haven't been able to watch a full episode of "Legion" yet, but looking at teasers excerpts etc, I'm not sure it fits how I picture Roger's mental fight with Scima. I will give you that it is an interesting concept and will probably be a show I like, but it isn't Roger/Scima

However, .... if you watch the promo for Venom .... you have what I was going for. Well up to a point ... Venom is decidedly more forceful, more vicious, more homicidal than I picture Scima ever being. But the inner argument, the me/him/us/WE aspect is spot on!

C&C Society

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Treebore wrote:Thats because you lost control of your powers in your sleep and woke up in a giant ice cube that you have to wait until it melts.
LOL....Oh well, at least people in the lower floors will have air conditioning!

Mike "Victorian Vanilla Ice?" Stewart

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

DMMike wrote:
Treebore wrote:Thats because you lost control of your powers in your sleep and woke up in a giant ice cube that you have to wait until it melts.
LOL....Oh well, at least people in the lower floors will have air conditioning!

Mike "Victorian Vanilla Ice?" Stewart

With that, you could take over management of the hotel, advertise it as having central cool air, and run it for a profit ,,, at least in summer. I'm not sure how you could heat it during the long cold winters. At least not with your ice powers ...

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:

Tree, I haven't been able to watch a full episode of "Legion" yet, but looking at teasers excerpts etc, I'm not sure it fits how I picture Roger's mental fight with Scima. I will give you that it is an interesting concept and will probably be a show I like, but it isn't Roger/Scima

However, .... if you watch the promo for Venom .... you have what I was going for. Well up to a point ... Venom is decidedly more forceful, more vicious, more homicidal than I picture Scima ever being. But the inner argument, the me/him/us/WE aspect is spot on!
Wait until you understand the yellow eyed demon.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

BTW, I am in Ohio. My mothers Dementia has gotten pretty bad. This is likely to be the last time I see her alive, kind of bad. I will be back home by Sunday, so the only thing its really keeping me from doing is writing up Rogers nightmare. Plus I missed the Thursday night game, which would have been cancelled anyways, because others failed to show as well.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:BTW, I am in Ohio. My mothers Dementia has gotten pretty bad. This is likely to be the last time I see her alive, kind of bad. I will be back home by Sunday, so the only thing its really keeping me from doing is writing up Rogers nightmare. Plus I missed the Thursday night game, which would have been cancelled anyways, because others failed to show as well.
Now that I work in the Veterans' Home, I understand a little about that deep end dementia ... Nothing I say can change it, but my prayers for you your mom and your family ...

C&C Society

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Treebore wrote:BTW, I am in Ohio. My mothers Dementia has gotten pretty bad. This is likely to be the last time I see her alive, kind of bad. I will be back home by Sunday, so the only thing its really keeping me from doing is writing up Rogers nightmare. Plus I missed the Thursday night game, which would have been cancelled anyways, because others failed to show as well.
Sorry to hear that Tree. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Ditto here too. Having to deal with it twice now really has it hit home to me. :(

Best,

mike

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Sorry to hear that Tree.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Back in St Louis. Thanks, guys! Yeah, serious suckage.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Today is my wife's Birthday. Depending on how she feels when I pick her up from her 10 hour day at work, I may be taking her out. If so, I will not be running Victorious, and apologies to Mike. That said, recall she is also a 100% Disabled Veteran, so if I do get to take her out I will be more than a little surprised. Which is why if she feels up to going, it will be all that much more special. If Rigon runs his game, I will join when I can. However, unfortunately, odds are in favor of us not going out, and my being able to run Victorious. So odds are, the Victorious game is on tonight. Just I hope it isn't.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I may get my wish. She has less than 4 hours to go at work, and believes she will be up to going out. So Rigon, warm up that old brain of yours!

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Funny story, my wife is doing an encore of the play this Thursday night only. We took the set down before she decided to do the encore, so I have to help get it back up tonight. It is a minimalist set, so should only take a couple of hours. But, I'm not sure what time I will get home. If I am home before 9 pm EST, I can run my game. If not, I will try to post something to let you all know.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:Funny story, my wife is doing an encore of the play this Thursday night only. We took the set down before she decided to do the encore, so I have to help get it back up tonight. It is a minimalist set, so should only take a couple of hours. But, I'm not sure what time I will get home. If I am home before 9 pm EST, I can run my game. If not, I will try to post something to let you all know.

R-
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, and we are definitely going out, which includes staying at the Embassy Suites with its free 2 hour open bar.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

LOL!

Today's my birthday too, what a coinkidink! Not that I get to enjoy it...I was coming here to post that due to grading papers I probably wouldn't be at the game until 9pm but could stay until 11. Now, its no problem...

Enjoy yourself Tree, and say "Happy BD" to your lovely wife!

Mike

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Sorry guys, not gonna make it.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rgr hope you all have a good night

Enjoy dinner, set setup & birthday paper grading

You know, One night I might step in and do a one off.

I don't have roll 20 or maptools so it would be theater of the mind and dice rolls old school (I'd trust you all on the rolls)

I couldn't do it tonight, but it is an option in the future (when we are down 2 DMs, or when we are down one and the other needs a break too)

So I don't have to switch gears too much from being ready for my girls make it Modern Victory, set in general this time frame, Influences (as I mentioned with my girls) will be 'Leverage' Persons of Interest' along with Sherlock Holms (book and modern BBC versions) - so a touch on the gilded side with knacks etc - but with Marvel Supers to keep it super.

I'd say try and make a character different from your real Victory character - try out a different flavor and different powers

Victory points as BtB

Intuition at rank 2 or above is a little more active than just an init effect

Probability Manipulation can be reactive but at the cost of your next action

Lightning speed does not require the high Dex as BtB, but maneuvers at speed WILL require dex checks

C&C Society

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Hey maybe we could make descendants of our Victorious 1890s characters? ;)

Mike

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:Rgr hope you all have a good night

Enjoy dinner, set setup & birthday paper grading

You know, One night I might step in and do a one off.

I don't have roll 20 or maptools so it would be theater of the mind and dice rolls old school (I'd trust you all on the rolls)

I couldn't do it tonight, but it is an option in the future (when we are down 2 DMs, or when we are down one and the other needs a break too)

So I don't have to switch gears too much from being ready for my girls make it Modern Victory, set in general this time frame, Influences (as I mentioned with my girls) will be 'Leverage' Persons of Interest' along with Sherlock Holms (book and modern BBC versions) - so a touch on the gilded side with knacks etc - but with Marvel Supers to keep it super.

I'd say try and make a character different from your real Victory character - try out a different flavor and different powers

Victory points as BtB

Intuition at rank 2 or above is a little more active than just an init effect

Probability Manipulation can be reactive but at the cost of your next action

Lightning speed does not require the high Dex as BtB, but maneuvers at speed WILL require dex checks

You can run using the free version of Roll 20. Or if you ask nicely, I will let you sign in via my paid account so we don't see the ads, and you can have all the options available.