Poll: Why you aren't interested in a Saturday morning game

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!

Why aren't you interested in playing in a Saturday morning C&C game run by Buttmonkey?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:11 pm

I'm not available to play on Saturday mornings.
78%
I'm too busy to play in another game.
11%
Roll20 is a deal-breaker for me. Pick a different virtual tabletop and I might play.
No votes
Your proposed game didn't hook me in. Come up with a better campaign description/background and I might play.
No votes
Your proposed house rules are a deal-breaker. Fix those and I might play.
No votes
It's personal. You suck, Buttmonkey. I'd rather lend money to Ken Whitman than play in a game run by you.
No votes
I don't know whether you suck, but I'm not going to play since I don't know you.
No votes
I'm not willing to invest the time because you ended your Castle Zagyg campaign abruptly a few years ago.
No votes
I'm not interested in a C&C game on Saturday mornings, but I'd possibly be interested in a different game on Saturday mornings.
No votes
Wait. What? I didn't realize you are interested in running a Saturday morning game. I'm interested in playing.
No votes
I didn't know you were trying to set up a Saturday morning game, but I'm not interested anyway.
No votes
Other (please explain).
11%

Total votes: 9

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Poll: Why you aren't interested in a Saturday morning game

Post by Buttmonkey »

So, it looks like there isn't much interest in my proposed Saturday morning game. Fair enough. I'm curious what drives the lack of interest. Hence, the poll. The results will help me decide whether to retool the proposal or abandon a Saturday morning game altogether. Please let me know why you aren't interested in a Saturday morning game run by the Buttmonkey...
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Poll: Why you aren't interested in a Saturday morning ga

Post by Treebore »

I am not a morning person. I sleep in until noon or later on Saturdays. Sundays too. Of course, the fact that I am often awake until 2, 3 or even 5 AM contributes to my not being a morning person. Being a 100% Disabled Vet is not all fun and games, after all.

Edit: Plus I am already in 5+ games per week, and I like staying married.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

I usually sleep in on Saturday.

Also I play in a Saturday night game.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

I'd do Saturday morns, but alas, I have a young daughter, so no dice for me at that time.
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

I generally am at work at 5am until noonish on the weekends. Til evening during the week. And then the single dad thing in between.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I was/am interested . . but the start time is too early for me. Plus I sometimes work on Saturday mornings, so I was hesitant to commit.

I think you would run a great game and so I wanted to join if I could.

Perhaps a later start time and if it didn't mess the game up too much, I would play with the group knowing that I might have to miss a session if I'm at work (this is an issue with night games as well).

Hope that helps.

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Saturdays are usually my one day off a week, so I try to sleep in some and then spend the rest of my Saturday doing chores and such that I don't have time to do through the week. But then play season effes that up and my next day off will most likely be in May.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Interest is there but now the kids have practice/ games at same time on opposite sides of town. Have to divide and conquer.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

I'd like to play in more games, and I'd certainly play in yours, but I can barely manage the ones I am in during this crunch time at work, stretched too thin right now. I like the idea of a Saturday morning game too; reminds me of when I was a kid and could play RPGs all day.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Aergraith wrote:I'd like to play in more games, and I'd certainly play in yours, but I can barely manage the one s I am in ..., stretched too thin right now. ... .
Rgr that, my job is turning into a meat grinder and I'm exhausted and mentally drained by the time I get home. Then I have to do all the home things in the evening . By Saturday I'm tanked ... and then :
maximus wrote:Interest is there but now the kids have practice/ games at same time on opposite sides of town. Have to divide and conquer.
Heck mine have games in different towns now that the older one is in a 'traveling team' age bracket. Plus, after getting out of the military, I swore I'd never miss any of their games unless there was no way around it. - Glad I'm sticking to it because I've see just how much heart my little ones have despite being only 9 and 7 1/2. Even when their team is short manned and they are having to play the whole game with no break, they run as hard as the can, make great plays, and don't get mad when their team mates drag their feet and blow the play they set up for their team, .... Heck, the are showing signs of being a better person than I am at almost 45 years old! So, I'll gladly miss a chance to game to watch them play soccer Saturdays.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Busy working on numerous start up KOTC projects otherwise I'd love to sit in on a game you CK. Hope to see you running a table or three at Gary Con next year. I know you had some time off, but I've read your post-game journals and am confident you'd show players a good time. And, hey, after a long day of gaming, be happy to buy the first round. :D

Brian Miller
Promoting C&C at Gary Con and LGGC since 2005.