View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:43 pm



Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Friday Night Amazing Adventures 
Author Message
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 am
Posts: 722
Post Friday Night Amazing Adventures
I would like to run an Amazing Adventures game on Fridays between 8-10 central time on roll20.net
Any and all are welcome to join as long as you promise to play nicely. Regular players are preferred but drop-ins are welcome, too.

The proposed play time can be adjusted to make it easier for West and East Coast players if necessary.

The setting: The occult underground of a modern city. Action will typically begin at a coffeehouse called Neutral Grounds, a shop that caters to the occult underground. It is considered neutral territory by all factions and functions as a center for sharing gossip, making connections and building community. (Plot hooks, basically. haha) Factions present could include any you might find in the Dresden Files Universe: various vampire groups, were creatures, magic users, druids, fey members, a mundane support staff of humans etc.

Your character: Level two. Any class. Give yourself whatever you need to function: a car, a weapon, cell phone, appropriate armor, a place to live … or not. A character whose pressing need is to find a pair of shoes can sometimes be more fun to play than a super-hero who finds everything easy. Feel free to develop your character in any way you like. If there is anything I can include in the world to support your character development lemme know. Give yourself max hit points if you like. For all other details, please use the 2012 printing of Amazing Adventures by Jason Vey.

If you don't have the book, hate creating characters or just want to drop in I will have a bank of characters you can use.


The conflict
: There is a lot of tension between the magical and non-magical worlds. The White Council of Wizards currently enjoys dominion over the city. They are old school magic users obsessed with secrecy and walling off the 'mundane' world from the world of magic. They exist primarily to protect the magical community from any interference by ordinary people. (Not the other way around even if their PR department says so). The vampire courts consider all humans prey. They are also interested in consolidating their power and wealth. The fey are fickle and think of people mostly as a source of amusement.

Due to these background forces, bad things happen to ordinary people all the time. Some conflicts have the potential to result in happily-ever-after endings but many are impossible to resolve completely. A win will sometimes mean you simply survived to tell the tale.

The Tone: Urban fantasy. Mostly noir-ish but I reserve the right to be silly on occasion to lighten the mood. For now I will NOT be using the insanity rules.

The Fine Print: I have never run an AA adventure before. This will be my first time using roll20 from the leader side.


Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:25 pm
Profile
Mogrl

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 20660
Location: Arizona and St Louis
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Name: Marco Jannus, Captain of the Marco Polo.
Expert

STATS
S 14 +1
D 09
I 15 +1
W 14 +1
C 14 +1
Ch 15 +1

HP: 7

Special Ability: Like a Charm, reroll once per hour
Attack Bonus: 0

Saves:
Physical Effect Save: 16
Mental Effect Save: 15
Evasion Save: 12
Tech Save: 11
Luck: 14

Background: Engine Crew
Training Package: Pilot
Skills: Combat/Gunnery 0, Culture/Spacer 1, Exosuit 1, Gambling 0, Navigation 0, Tech/Astronautics 0, Tech/Postech 1, Vehicle/Grav, Vehicle/Space 0
Homeworld: Jewell
Languages: English,
Money: 60 credits
Equipment:
Gear: Shotgun, Monoblade, Woven Body Armor, Vacc Suit, Survival Kit
(desert), Lazarus Patches x3, Power Cell, Type A, x5 (cost of 740 creds)

_________________
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.


Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:19 pm
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 am
Posts: 722
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Super! Will you be drawing up a character or using one of my pre-gens?


Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:38 pm
Profile
Mogrl

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 20660
Location: Arizona and St Louis
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Penny-Whistle wrote:
Super! Will you be drawing up a character or using one of my pre-gens?


I'll probably create my own. I've never played AA before, so this will be my "excuse" for learning it. :lol:

_________________
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.


Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:28 pm
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 2727
Location: The Court of the Crimson King
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
2012 -- so using 15 prime instead of 12/18?
Setting modern(ish) day?
Are you using Spellcraft checks or just doing C&C style saves?
Are you doing the +7 armor for everyone?

_________________
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com


Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:45 pm
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 2727
Location: The Court of the Crimson King
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Place Holder For Gumshoe

_________________
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com


Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:46 pm
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 am
Posts: 722
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Aergraith wrote:
2012 -- so using 15 prime instead of 12/18?
Setting modern(ish) day?
Are you using Spellcraft checks or just doing C&C style saves?
Are you doing the +7 armor for everyone?


ok. clarification stuff ahead:

I mentioned the 2012 version for making up character related stuff.
For mechanics and gameplay, I will probably follow the revised rules (12/18 instead of 15)
I'd like to try using the spellcraft checks. If I fail miserably or if we find they slow the game we can switch to C&C style saves.

This is all open for discussion by anyone playing, btw. So if you have a preference please speak up.

Hit Points: you are free to give yourself max hit points at character development if that is important to you. If you prefer the thrill of rolling be my guest. If characters stay around long enough to progress past level 2 I'd like to see dice rolls but for now do what you wish.

I won't be using the insanity rules. We can add them later if someone wants to try them out. For now I'd like to keep the game as simple as possible.

I will include fate points. However, I plan on being super cheap, haha

Armor. Unless I am mistaken the maximum for stacking armor pieces is +6. Each class has recommended armor pieces listed. There is a table that shows what stacks. Min/max if you need to but I hope people won't feel pressured to do that. If in doubt ask yourself what will work best for your character concept.

Gear: Jason Vey says in the book that tracking money and equipment has a tendency to slow a game and I completely agree. Give your character the stuff needed to function. Or withhold something so they have some kind of fun side goal. Your call. If you want to keep track of stuff because it will add to your role playing experience then by all means do so. Full disclosure: loot/wealth won't be playing a big role in the opening plots I've sketched out. Rewards will be mostly based on play.

21st Century Adjustments: The book was intended for a 20th Century setting but we will be playing in a contemporary alternate universe. Make whatever adjustments you want so everything makes sense to you. For example, most people carry a cell phone these days. Give yourself some kind of vehicle or a bus pass. If you are a hipster who inherited a Browning .25 and you want to use it that would be a nice weird touch. But you could give it another name that sounds more modern. Whatever you call it, use stats from the weapons table so we don't risk breaking game balance.


Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:39 pm
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10739
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Penny-Whistle wrote:
If you don't have the book, hate creating characters or just want to drop in I will have a bank of characters you can use.


I bumped the Quick Start Inquiry thread in the AA subforum, but I would probably considered using one of your pre-gens.

:)

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:50 pm
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 am
Posts: 722
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Rhuvein wrote:
Penny-Whistle wrote:
If you don't have the book, hate creating characters or just want to drop in I will have a bank of characters you can use.


I bumped the Quick Start Inquiry thread in the AA subforum, but I would probably considered using one of your pre-gens.

:)



Thanks! I hope you will consider joining us. I love the energy you bring to these games.


Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:56 pm
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10739
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Penny-Whistle wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:
Penny-Whistle wrote:
If you don't have the book, hate creating characters or just want to drop in I will have a bank of characters you can use.


I bumped the Quick Start Inquiry thread in the AA subforum, but I would probably considered using one of your pre-gens.

:)



Thanks! I hope you will consider joining us. I love the energy you bring to these games.


Haha, many thanks. Are there gnomes in this game? :lol:

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:01 pm
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 am
Posts: 722
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Rhuvein wrote:
Penny-Whistle wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:
Penny-Whistle wrote:
If you don't have the book, hate creating characters or just want to drop in I will have a bank of characters you can use.


I bumped the Quick Start Inquiry thread in the AA subforum, but I would probably considered using one of your pre-gens.

:)



Thanks! I hope you will consider joining us. I love the energy you bring to these games.


Haha, many thanks. Are there gnomes in this game? :lol:


I don't want to release too many spoilers but there is a sweet little fellow in one of the early threads who might get along very well with gnomes. His name is Humfray and he looks slightly froglike. And one of the bad guys is connected to the Summer Fey Royal Court. He probably knows a gnome or two.


Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:21 pm
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10739
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
"Humfray"! I like him!

So, how will you present the pre-gens? Will you post a list (not necessarily with stats, too much work), but perhaps a short list.

I don't know a thing about this game, but I don't want you to have to do excess work 'cause I don't have the rule book.

Still hoping that the Quick Start is available somewhere.

Thanks.

:)

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:03 pm
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 am
Posts: 722
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Rhuvein wrote:
"Humfray"! I like him!

So, how will you present the pre-gens? Will you post a list (not necessarily with stats, too much work), but perhaps a short list.

I don't know a thing about this game, but I don't want you to have to do excess work 'cause I don't have the rule book.

Still hoping that the Quick Start is available somewhere.

Thanks.

:)


The rules look very much like C&C so I am sure anyone will be able to jump right in. The magic system is a little different but it wouldn't take long to explain.

Listing the pre-gens isn't any extra work at all since most will be recurring npcs. Their stats will be visible to all players when they log in but I can post details here if someone wanted to take ownership of one or more. The list includes four vikings who are time travelers (a raider, a shaman type, a shield maiden and a fighter). There is also a social worker who specializes in PTSD and trauma issues, an investment counselor who reads tarot cards on the side, a botany PhD candidate who smokes way too much weed, a librarian who knows everything about the occult and local lore, Willie Nelson and Sandra Bullock.

I've been having a lot of fun making them up so it won't feel like work to make a few more. If you have a character concept you'd like to play I'd be happy to help you flesh out the details. Anything goes. As far as I am concerned they don't even have to be human. The game is that flexible.

The offical classes are:
Arcanist: pretty much like a mage
Gadgeter: like Q from James Bond
Gumshoe: think Mike Hammer
Hooligan: the rogue type
Mentalist: psionic powers (telepathy etc)
Pugilist: Rocky or a thug. The muscle.
Raider: Indiana Jones
Socialite: Person whose power comes from wealth or privilege


Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:08 am
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10739
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Hmm, mentalist!

I'm thinking ~ Lamont Cranston, The Shadow (great movie !!!).

Hypnotic telepathy, invisibility and "the power to cloud men's minds".

"The sun is shining . . . but the ice is slippery"! :D

8-)

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:21 am
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 am
Posts: 722
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Rhuvein wrote:
Hmm, mentalist!

I'm thinking ~ Lamont Cranston, The Shadow (great movie !!!).

Hypnotic telepathy, invisibility and "the power to cloud men's minds".

"The sun is shining . . . but the ice is slippery"! :D

8-)

Oh this is really going to be fun.

Let me know if something doesn't sound right or if I misinterpreted the skills. There is a fairly long list of psi powers in the book but these seemed to fit your description more or less. Can he also inflict damage with his mind? If so we can tweek this. To get four psionic powers I gave you a wisdom of 18. Feel free to roll some dice to assign the other ability scores. Make sure to give yourself some loot, office space etc. He can be dressed like the original or you can update the wardrobe if you like. In an alternate world anything goes. When you know what kind of weapon you want lemme know and I'll give you the stats.

Lamont Cranston, The Shadow level 2 Mentalist

Psionic Powers

Mesmerism (Cha)
Command CL1, Sleep CL1 and affects only one creature no HD restriction, Suggestion CL5, Confusion CL7. The difficulty for the victim to resist is equal to the psychic's wisdom check & the psychic must declare which effect is being invoked before using this power.

Obfuscation (Cha)
The psychic can move undetected, even when in plain sight or in the middle of a crowd. The psychic makes a charisma check. It is opposed by any who might spot him with a wisdom check. If you win, consider yourself invisible unless you do something to give yourself away. It can be used in combat but any attack suffers a -4 penalty due to the need to be concentrating.

Telepathic Communication (Int)
One way message. Requires an Intelligence check. If the target is unwilling they can resist with a wisdom save equal to the mentalist's level.

Telepathic Probe (Wis)
Mind reading. 2 way psychic conversations. Requires concentration and Wisdom check with a CL of 1 for each willing mind. For those resisting: surface thoughts take a Wis check with a CL = the level of the target; Gathering secrets or going deeper asks for the same Wis check PLUS gives the target a saving throw CL = mentalist's level.

Class Abilities

Meditation (WIS) (free for all level 1 mentalists)

With a successful wisdom check, mentalists can enter a trancelike state that cleanses the mind and rests the body. Entering this state requires 1d12 minutes, and the trance can be maintained by a number of hours equal to the character's level plus wisdom bonus One uninterrupted hour = 2 hours of sleep which doubles the character's natural rate of healing.

Psychic Senses (free for all level 1 mentalists)

A sixth sense to detect danger. A +2 bonus for active searches. Also, you can always make a Wis check to avoid surprise.

Strength
Dexterity
Constitution
Intelligence
Wisdom 18
Charisma

Prime Attribute: Wisdom
Hit Points 12
Alignment:
Weapon possibilities: small melee weapons, medium melee weapons, handguns, sub-machineguns, rifles and shotguns
Armor class 16 ( possibilities: trench coat, mask, fedora, scarf, bodysuit etc)
Base to hit +1

Note: Any time a mentalist attempts an ability beyond his current expertise, there is a chance of suffering psychic backlash, a sort of burnout for pushing past his limit. If at any time a mentalist fails a roll to activate a power he will suffer 1d4 points of subdual damage per CL of the power. PLUS he may not access that power again for 24 hours. =/


Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:08 am
Profile
Mogrl

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 20660
Location: Arizona and St Louis
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
I'm thinking Gadgeteer. Which I think will be conducive to my being there and not there.

_________________
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.


Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:19 am
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10739
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Treebore wrote:
I'm thinking Gadgeteer. Which I think will be conducive to my being there and not there.


Great choice. I was leaning towards this when looking at the classes.

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:32 am
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10739
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Penny, awesome character generation!!!

Well done, it's The Shadow beyond a doubt! ;)

[I will continue to digest and study your post to get into character]

Very cool! :)

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:35 am
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10739
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Image

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:43 am
Profile
Mogrl

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 20660
Location: Arizona and St Louis
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Rhuvein wrote:
Treebore wrote:
I'm thinking Gadgeteer. Which I think will be conducive to my being there and not there.


Great choice. I was leaning towards this when looking at the classes.


Yeah, hopefully the timing will work out with the sessions I miss having me "off scene" building a new gadget or two.

_________________
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.


Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:33 am
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 am
Posts: 722
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Treebore wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:
Treebore wrote:
I'm thinking Gadgeteer. Which I think will be conducive to my being there and not there.


Great choice. I was leaning towards this when looking at the classes.


Yeah, hopefully the timing will work out with the sessions I miss having me "off scene" building a new gadget or two.


Nice choice! That is actually a pretty good fit for a city where the economy centers on technology.


Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:47 pm
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 am
Posts: 722
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
I've been using the Dresden Files rpg to construct the setting. With that system players become part of the world creation. If there is anything you want to see in the world or any particular type of conflict you are interested in let me know. For example, one player in passing mentioned the idea of including Lance Armstrong and Rent-A-Tire. Done. Here are the plot hooks I have sketched out so far in the form of the cafe's zine. I am hoping that knowing a bit about the world might help inspire you as you think about who your character is. (Stole the idea from Rhuvein and thank you very much, sir)

Sorry if it looks like a wall of text. And if it does ... feel free to completely disregard. =)

Neutral Grounds e-Zine

Amber Alert
The terrible multi-vehicle crash on I-35 that made National headlines is somehow connected to our community. The wardens' investigation found a strong magical aura was present in the school bus that seems to have been at the center of the accident. APD are asking people with information to come forward but The White Council urges anyone with information to come to them first. The school bus was returning from a children's picnic event hosted by Sunday School teacher Catherine Kay. Ms Kay was killed at the scene. One child is in serious condition at Children's Hospital. Three mundane children and Kevin Garner, the driver, are missing. The media frenzy around this tragedy threatens to expose our world.


Fund-raising Event was a Big Success

The bat bridge remains closed while city workers do what they can to repair the supporting structure that was damaged in last week's 'bomb' blast. Terrorists were suspected but when none came forward to claim responsibility officials in charge determined the damage was likely the work of vandals.

The druid community was understandably distraught over the destruction to the garden and bat viewing area. Ancient oak trees were reduced to splinters. Benches and information signs were destroyed. The flower gardens will all need to be re-planted.

Some of our best local bards were available to perform at the open mic fund-raising performance. Thank you Willie Nelson, Robert Plant and the shade of Albert Huffstickler. Donations from the audience totaled more than $10,000. Work on the garden restoration project has already begun. $500 of the proceeds were set aside by the druids to donate to the wildlife rescue group that provided emergency services to many injured bats and one innocent troll bystander who not unexpectedly is recovering nicely.

“Everybody is freaking out about their morning commute being disrupted. Nobody bothers to consider the hundreds of bats who lost their lives! Imagine their terror. The energy bats bring to our city both natural and supernatural should not be underestimated. They are vital to our continued survival. What if if they all decided to move away! We could become the next Houston,” shared the Arch-druid with a bit of a shudder.

PSA from the White Council
Don't be 'that guy'
Sigils and other magical markings placed in public places invite unwanted attention. Our vigilant warden noticed that on a neighborhood internet forum a mundane was complaining about 'Satanic graffiti' on telephone poles. Attention was diverted this time but in the future please be discreet. Let's AVOID a new age revival and/or witch hunt.

Services Available

Need help with arcane research or local lore? Lauren Thompson, MLIS
Herb & Renewal, Austin's premier source for all things botanical. Contact: Amanda Davis
Financial & Personal Consulting Services: James Hall
Discreet counseling services. Specializing in trauma and PTSD. Ryan Walker, MSW

HELP WANTED
Seeking hero to battle a certain despicable cross-roads demon. Phone 512-123-4567


Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:07 pm
Profile
Mogrl

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 20660
Location: Arizona and St Louis
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Penny-Whistle wrote:
I've been using the Dresden Files rpg to construct the setting. With that system players become part of the world creation. If there is anything you want to see in the world or any particular type of conflict you are interested in let me know. For example, one player in passing mentioned the idea of including Lance Armstrong and Rent-A-Tire. Done. Here are the plot hooks I have sketched out so far in the form of the cafe's zine. I am hoping that knowing a bit about the world might help inspire you as you think about who your character is. (Stole the idea from Rhuvein and thank you very much, sir)

Sorry if it looks like a wall of text. And if it does ... feel free to completely disregard. =)

Neutral Grounds e-Zine

Amber Alert
The terrible multi-vehicle crash on I-35 that made National headlines is somehow connected to our community. The wardens' investigation found a strong magical aura was present in the school bus that seems to have been at the center of the accident. APD are asking people with information to come forward but The White Council urges anyone with information to come to them first. The school bus was returning from a children's picnic event hosted by Sunday School teacher Catherine Kay. Ms Kay was killed at the scene. One child is in serious condition at Children's Hospital. Three mundane children and Kevin Garner, the driver, are missing. The media frenzy around this tragedy threatens to expose our world.


Fund-raising Event was a Big Success

The bat bridge remains closed while city workers do what they can to repair the supporting structure that was damaged in last week's 'bomb' blast. Terrorists were suspected but when none came forward to claim responsibility officials in charge determined the damage was likely the work of vandals.

The druid community was understandably distraught over the destruction to the garden and bat viewing area. Ancient oak trees were reduced to splinters. Benches and information signs were destroyed. The flower gardens will all need to be re-planted.

Some of our best local bards were available to perform at the open mic fund-raising performance. Thank you Willie Nelson, Robert Plant and the shade of Albert Huffstickler. Donations from the audience totaled more than $10,000. Work on the garden restoration project has already begun. $500 of the proceeds were set aside by the druids to donate to the wildlife rescue group that provided emergency services to many injured bats and one innocent troll bystander who not unexpectedly is recovering nicely.

“Everybody is freaking out about their morning commute being disrupted. Nobody bothers to consider the hundreds of bats who lost their lives! Imagine their terror. The energy bats bring to our city both natural and supernatural should not be underestimated. They are vital to our continued survival. What if if they all decided to move away! We could become the next Houston,” shared the Arch-druid with a bit of a shudder.

PSA from the White Council
Don't be 'that guy'
Sigils and other magical markings placed in public places invite unwanted attention. Our vigilant warden noticed that on a neighborhood internet forum a mundane was complaining about 'Satanic graffiti' on telephone poles. Attention was diverted this time but in the future please be discreet. Let's AVOID a new age revival and/or witch hunt.

Services Available

Need help with arcane research or local lore? Lauren Thompson, MLIS
Herb & Renewal, Austin's premier source for all things botanical. Contact: Amanda Davis
Financial & Personal Consulting Services: James Hall
Discreet counseling services. Specializing in trauma and PTSD. Ryan Walker, MSW

HELP WANTED
Seeking hero to battle a certain despicable cross-roads demon. Phone 512-123-4567


Awesome! Reads like a cross between Dresden Files and Supernatural! Your going to make me wish I could make every session, aren't you?


Also, I have the rules and the Companion book, I think, on PDF, so can share a link to them on my Google Drive account so players can at least read the rules. I'll get it uploaded, just in case.

_________________
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.


Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:23 pm
Profile
Mogrl

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 20660
Location: Arizona and St Louis
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
I have a copy of the Quickstart and a copy of the core book uploaded. I don't have the Companion PDF, but since I have the core book and the Monster book in PDF, I probably do own it, just never DLed it since I have the physical copy. If its needed, I will see if I have the PDF available to me on one of the two websites (TLG or drivethrurpg).

EDIT: I will need e-mails to share a link to allow you to read the PDF's. The Honor system will be used to ensure you will NOT DL copies of my PDF's, since as far as I know, even though I give permission to "read only" there are apparently ways to bypass that. Not that I think any of you would do that, otherwise, I wouldn't even share the link.

_________________
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.


Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:35 pm
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 am
Posts: 722
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Treebore wrote:
I have a copy of the Quickstart and a copy of the core book uploaded. I don't have the Companion PDF, but since I have the core book and the Monster book in PDF, I probably do own it, just never DLed it since I have the physical copy. If its needed, I will see if I have the PDF available to me on one of the two websites (TLG or drivethrurpg).


Oh bless you for your generosity! You get an extra fate point. haha


Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:14 am
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10739
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Penny, is the game starting tonight?

:)

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:21 am
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 am
Posts: 722
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Rhuvein wrote:
Penny, is the game starting tonight?

:)



Yes! 8:00 central if you can make it =)


Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:37 am
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10739
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Penny-Whistle wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:
Penny, is the game starting tonight?

:)



Yes! 8:00 central if you can make it =)


OK, I'll be there! :P

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:50 am
Profile
Mogrl

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 20660
Location: Arizona and St Louis
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
I was still in Tucson, with my wife, when the call started. Tucson is two hours away from my house.

_________________
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.


Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:52 am
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 am
Posts: 722
Post Re: Friday Night Amazing Adventures
Treebore wrote:
I was still in Tucson, with my wife, when the call started. Tucson is two hours away from my house.


No problemo at all. I think the plots are flexible enough that people can come and go at their convenience. Hope all is well.


Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:00 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.