View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
1E AD&D Castles and Crusades game... 
Mogrl

Post Re: 1E AD&D Castles and Crusades game...
If you've been planning on playing the 1E class versions of Ranger, Paladin, Bard, and Cavalier, you will want to take a look at the edit I just made to my house rules.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:06 pm
Clang lives!

Question on this, what multi class rules are you going to use? I plan on playing a fighter/cleric of the Morninglord.

R-

My Game Threads

Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:22 pm
Mogrl

Rigon wrote:
Question on this, what multi class rules are you going to use? I plan on playing a fighter/cleric of the Morninglord.

R-

1E AD&D rules, as much as possible.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:27 pm
Clang lives!

So, level limits, class restriction, ability minumins, and such.

R-

My Game Threads

Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:01 am
Mogrl

Rigon wrote:
So, level limits, class restriction, ability minumins, and such.

R-

I write out my House Rules for a reason:

"My House Rules still apply where ever possible. So for example, my rules for the Fighters Mass Combat Dominance still apply. Being able to do a SIEGE check when casting spells will still apply, if for whatever reason you would rather play a C&C class instead of a 1E version, then those House Rules will still apply. Divine and Arcane Blasts will still be used. If you have any specific situations ask for me to clarify or make a decision. We are still using the SIEGE engine, so all my House Rules based on that should still apply.

Dual and Multi Class rules will adhere as closely as possible to the 1E rules. There are no racial level limitations. There are no race versus class limitations.

I will be using the rules for System Shock, Morale, Loyalty, etc... from 1E AD&D, modified to fit the SIEGE engine a bit better, but essentially the same."

Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:59 am
Clang lives!

Well, we've been playing together for so long, I pretty much just assumed I knew your house rules. I didn't realize you updated them with info for this game specifically. My bad. I better print them out.

R-

My Game Threads

Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:36 am
Mogrl

Rigon wrote:
Well, we've been playing together for so long, I pretty much just assumed I knew your house rules. I didn't realize you updated them with info for this game specifically. My bad. I better print them out.

R-
The vast majority is the same, but some key differences have definitely been added for this game. So anyone else who has been thinking its still the same, please give a fresh read through.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:19 am
Clang lives!

So, reading your HR additions, any race can be any class, correct? If so, I'm now leaning toward half-elf thief/illusionist.

R-

My Game Threads

Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:41 am
Mogrl

Rigon wrote:
So, reading your HR additions, any race can be any class, correct? If so, I'm now leaning toward half-elf thief/illusionist.

R-

Yep. You can be a dwarf paladin, a halfling wizard, etc...

Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:05 am
Mogrl

I finally found a copy of my "rough" world map for my campaign WORLD...

Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:28 am
Greater Lore Drake

Nice map

However, are we playing in that world or in Ravenloft ... I know a few months ago it was Ravenloft, but I also know things change with time ...

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:59 am
Mogrl

Lurker wrote:
Nice map

However, are we playing in that world or in Ravenloft ... I know a few months ago it was Ravenloft, but I also know things change with time ...

This world kind of has Ravenloft in it. At least a clearly defined area of heavy black fog that people tend to go into and never return. :twisted:

Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:37 am
Mogrl

IMPORTANT update. After finding my above world map, and given a picture by Rom, I have decided to go the "classic" route of Ravenloft, and have your initial characters be from outside of Ravenloft.

In my world, if you are not drawn directly into Ravenloft, you get into it by sailing to a location where a massive embankment of black foggy clouds, always sits. While the foggy clouds themselves swirl and obviously move, the embankment itself has remained at this location for as long as recorded history.

What this means for your characters is, while they will know nothing about Ravenloft itself, now most setting are available to you to have as your beginning characters place of origin. Mystara, Greyhawk and Faerun likely being the most popular choices. The Wilderlands are there too. IF you take the time to make out the names on my world setting, you will see many settings crammed into my world. I think the official count was 8 settings. I actually need to look at it and refresh my memory as to which settings I managed to cram onto this planet.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:19 pm
Lore Drake

Treebore wrote:
I have decided to go the "classic" route of Ravenloft, and have your initial characters be from outside of Ravenloft.

I like this approach better.

Treebore wrote:
IF you take the time to make out the names on my world setting, you will see many settings crammed into my world.

Is there a version of this map that isn't so blurry? I can't make out any of the names.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:44 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Treebore wrote:
IMPORTANT update. After finding my above world map, and given a picture by Rom, I have decided to go the "classic" route of Ravenloft, and have your initial characters be from outside of Ravenloft.

In my world, if you are not drawn directly into Ravenloft, you get into it by sailing to a location where a massive embankment of black foggy clouds, always sits. While the foggy clouds themselves swirl and obviously move, the embankment itself has remained at this location for as long as recorded history.

What this means for your characters is, while they will know nothing about Ravenloft itself, now most setting are available to you to have as your beginning characters place of origin. Mystara, Greyhawk and Faerun likely being the most popular choices. The Wilderlands are there too. IF you take the time to make out the names on my world setting, you will see many settings crammed into my world. I think the official count was 8 settings. I actually need to look at it and refresh my memory as to which settings I managed to cram onto this planet.

Crud, there goes my idea for my character's back story ..... and it was such a coollllllll back story .... so many hooks for you, so many ideas ....

Let me shake the etch a sketch up and rework him ...

C&C Society

Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:20 pm
Mogrl

Lurker wrote:
Treebore wrote:

Crud, there goes my idea for my character's back story ..... and it was such a coollllllll back story .... so many hooks for you, so many ideas ....

Let me shake the etch a sketch up and rework him ...

Keep it on hand. You never know how soon you will die horribly in Ravenloft, and need a new character.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:44 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Treebore wrote:

Keep it on hand. You never know how soon you will die horribly in Ravenloft, and need a new character.

Haaaa :lol: ........ Hay wait :shock: :o ....... Now I remember why I don't like Ravenloft ;)

C&C Society

Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:33 am
Clang lives!

I couldn't tell from the map, but does it include Krynn?

R-

My Game Threads

Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:11 pm
Greater Lore Drake

OK, I need some advice from the group at large.

Like I've mentioned before, I have an idea for a character I've been kicking around for a while, a Renaissance style Book / Manuscript Hunter.

Now my question is what 2 classes would I need to use to make it.

I'm thinking Thief & Cleric. Maybe .... Ranger & Cleric.

I know a straight fighter type won't fit, neither would a Paladin or Caviler. So, if it is a fighter sub class then ranger it is. But I don't think a Ranger truly fits (it could with some massaging a bit though)

He needs to be able to get into and around the traps set to protect the old manuscripts, skulk around the old ruins they are hidden in. Etc, so A thief is a good fit

I have no interest to play a magic user, so that is out. But he will need the ability to read and understand some form of magic so Cleric it is.

So, what do you all think?

Now, taking a step back and looking at it from the light that we will be going into the Fogs of Dread .... would having a thief cleric Renaissance style Book Hunter be an asset to the party?

C&C Society

Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:01 am
Clang lives!

I think the thief/cleric combo would be a good choice for a "book hunter" for the reasons you gave.

As to "party needs," play the character you want to play. You'll have more fun that way.

R-

My Game Threads

Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:37 am
Mogrl

Rigon wrote:
I couldn't tell from the map, but does it include Krynn?

R-

No, they actually detailed the world for Krynn. This world only has settings that were a continent or smaller. The only exceptions to this are Faerun and the two Continents of Mystara.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:48 am
Clang lives!

So, by your house rule, only humans can be bards, since they need 3 primes. Am I reading that correctly?

Another question: if half-elves can be bards, can I multi class to get the requisite class minimums instead of dual classing?

Apparently, I'm all over the place on character concepts. ;)

R-

My Game Threads

Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:30 pm
Lore Drake

Rigon wrote:
So, by your house rule, only humans can be bards, since they need 3 primes. Am I reading that correctly?

Another question: if half-elves can be bards, can I multi class to get the requisite class minimums instead of dual classing?

R-

You definitely don't want to be a bard. Bards are lame! All the cool people are not bards.

On a completely unrelated note, Treebore, I am going to be an archer style fighter for my first class of bard. Can I use Dex as a prime instead of STR, thus allowing an elven archer/thief/bard with Dex and Cha prime?

Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:26 pm
Mogrl

Aramis wrote:
Rigon wrote:

R-

You definitely don't want to be a bard. Bards are lame! All the cool people are not bards.

On a completely unrelated note, Treebore, I am going to be an archer style fighter for my first class of bard. Can I use Dex as a prime instead of STR, thus allowing an elven archer/thief/bard with Dex and Cha prime?

From my House Rules:

EDIT: I am going to require multi Primes for a couple of Classes when used from the 1E books. Paladin, WIS and CHA must be Primes. Ranger, STR and WIS must be Primes, If you want to be a 1E Bard, you must have STR, DEX and WIS as Primes. Cavalier will require 3 Primes, STR, CON and CHA.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:50 pm
Mogrl

Rigon wrote:

R-

Yes, only Humans will be able to be a 1E Bard or Cavalier.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:50 pm
Clang lives!

Treebore wrote:
Rigon wrote:

R-

Yes, only Humans will be able to be a 1E Bard or Cavalier.

Ok then, gonna keep looking for my concept.

R-

My Game Threads

Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:06 pm
Mogrl

Personally, if I was playing in my own game, I'd do a class and a half Dwarven Paladin-Cleric. Actually, Cleric-Paladin. I'd nickname him "Pillar".

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:36 pm
Clang lives!

Treebore wrote:
Personally, if I was playing in my own game, I'd do a class and a half Dwarven Paladin-Cleric. Actually, Cleric-Paladin. I'd nickname him "Pillar".

Yeah, but I don't care to play paladins. Though my first concept was a fighter/cleric.

R-

My Game Threads

Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:50 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Rigon wrote:

Yeah, but I don't care to play paladins. ....

R-

Esp in Ravenloft I've done that once before ... it isn't pretty (and that is coming from the guy that says paladin is my favorite
class !!!!!)

Rigon wrote:
I think the thief/cleric combo would be a good choice for a "book hunter" for the reasons you gave.

As to "party needs," play the character you want to play. You'll have more fun that way.

R-

For more fun, heck I tend to be fluid and can enjoy almost anything (except for mage, I hate mage .... and then following that druid) so am more than willing to fill a needed niche in the team.

However, as we will need a thief (as we see from our game with a thief that doesn't do 'that kind of thief things') ;)
Plus, it is Raven loft so we need lots of holy powers, so we will need a cleric or 3.

So, unless some one else wants to fill those areas, look at me playing a thief cleric.
Then following his demise, I have a good ranger from Ravenloft ready in the wings ....

C&C Society

Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:53 am
Mogrl

Remember, we are playing with the third edition assumptions. So Paladins are not the shining beacon of, "Here I am Darklord! Come kill me!" that they were before 3E. Now its more like, "Darklord, "I can sense a holy presence somewhere nearby, I must hunt it down and tear out its heart and consume its soul!"

Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next