Monday Night Kingdoms of Kalamar Game

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: Monday Night Kingdoms of Kalamar Game

Post by Rigon »

So, the module I was thinking of using, is probably a little out of the party's reach right now, so I'll look at another one. If you have any suggestions for an adventure in the 4 to 7 range, let me know and I'll check it out.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Well, I'm 6K & change away from the next level, so Lupa is still up to date. However, I just noticed, at 5th level I get move silently and hide (at thief 1st level) soooooo I'll be able to help or 'thief' on the scouting missions .... and by helping I mean going forward while he messes up opening a window ;)

I have to say it was a bit anti climatic last night ........ but that is very very very good.

That goes back to my team time, Ranges call it a good mission when there is a big body count, but Ranger Recon ... it is a good mission when no one fires a shot and no one know what happened to the bad guy(s) missing

We were either very luck or you pulled your punches a bit and let us slip in, do our mischief, and get out with many fewer rolls (and thus far fewer chances to fail and screw up royally) that would have regularly be needed.

Before I realized just how long lasting and useful invisibility was, I was figuring for a blood bath and most of us dying. Then when invisibility worked, and then when we finally scouted the temple and got the lay out ...

As for what is next .... I've never been a big fan of using modules, - mine them for ideas yes, use off the shelf no - so I don't have a list of 'would love to play it one day' to pick from.

With that, Lupa would be looking to relax in some culture for a bit and all the fun that comes from coursing, swashbuckling and such (therefore open to any city adventures you have prepped). Then do anything to improve his name and standing in the area - of course to improve his families' power influence and merchant connections, not for his own prestige :D - Whether it is in the East Mark / Yelden, Mendarn proper, back up in Cosdol, the elf lands / Lendelwoods, or crossing back over the mountains to P'bapar and the Young kingdoms.

Also, anything to hurt the pirates in the area and the slavers that fund them. Of course, a military raid on the hobgoblins is up there too. Of course, anything from "The Valiant" or "The Traveler" - I have to get Dardo more powers somehow - he would jump at

Finally, anything you want to tie in from my history.

However, that is me/ Lupa centric, so anything you want is good for me
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Rigon wrote:So, the module I was thinking of using, is probably a little out of the party's reach right now, so I'll look at another one. If you have any suggestions for an adventure in the 4 to 7 range, let me know and I'll check it out.

R-
Any that I liked so much that I wanted to play I probably decided that by reading them. Mostly I want to play games the DM thinks will be fun, and will get into. I am not sure but I think I slightly prefer playing a new module I haven't heard of over an old AD&D one I have. Though I haven't heard of most of the Kalamar ones.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Aergraith wrote:
Rigon wrote:So, the module I was thinking of using, is probably a little out of the party's reach right now, so I'll look at another one. If you have any suggestions for an adventure in the 4 to 7 range, let me know and I'll check it out.

R-
Any that I liked so much that I wanted to play I probably decided that by reading them. Mostly I want to play games the DM thinks will be fun, and will get into. I am not sure but I think I slightly prefer playing a new module I haven't heard of over an old AD&D one I have. Though I haven't heard of most of the Kalamar ones.
+1 to that
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

So, thinking about the game the last couple of days and what direction to go. The party ended up in the port city of Ospolen. They had just put the elven maidens on a ship to return them to their homeland in the north. From here the party has several options available to them:

1) Stay in Ospolen and see the sights
2) Return to Yeldon and help to secure the west marches of the Duchy of Etwerl
3) Try to gather a force and return to Blackmoon Valley to root out the Hobgoblins of the Blackmoon
4) Take ship and see what adventures await else where in the world
5) Some other avenue that I didn't think of...

Basically, I want to leave it as sandboxy as I can and let you guys drive the campaign. I have access to tons and tons of adventures, so I can use them to fill in after you guys pick a direction to go or I can make it up as we go along. I just need some kind of idea as to where you guys want to take the adventure.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Which way is the Egg of the Phoenix? :lol:

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Aramis wrote:Which way is the Egg of the Phoenix? :lol:
Who knows? I surely don't.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote: 3) Try to gather a force and return to Blackmoon Valley to root out the Hobgoblins of the Blackmoon
I don't see any Egg in that direction, but I do see a worthy goal...
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:
Rigon wrote: 3) Try to gather a force and return to Blackmoon Valley to root out the Hobgoblins of the Blackmoon
..., but I do see a worthy goal...
Wait, I thought I was the only good guy in the party and the only one worried about 'a worthy goal' . ;)

With that, it gets my vote. However, and so there are no suprises for you Rigon

1st. Lupa would want to hang out in Ospolen for a bit. He has what 7 - 8 weeks of road grime to wash off and needs a good beard trim and hair cut. I'm sure there is trouble we can get in doing that.

While there, I'd petition the king to allow us to raise a force to help clear out the 'Blackmoon Valley'. He'd use his family name (and some of the gold we found over the last 8 weeks) to help smooth the path and open doors. Plus I'm sure there is trouble to cause/get in in and around the court.

Also, I'd write to the Duke of Yeldon, suggesting he raise a troop to help with the Blackmoon Valley, and to establish a keep/border town in the hills a week or so away from the valley - a sister town to the one on the river. This will increase his holdings and thus power and give him more access to the mines etc in the area (or a chance to open mines) and a base to increase his ability to fight the slavers.

Oh yeah, I remember reading that Ospolen has a thriving market of artisan carvers and gem carvers (A Kalamar wiki site I think). If so. I have some commissions to put out. The 4 wyren teeth, green dragon teeth , manticore spikes etc etc etc I've been carrying. A pipe for me, One wyrven tooth carved for each side of my family, and one for my aunt's maid - the one that gave me dardo - family crests or some such. Then ivory handles for my masterwork short sword daggers etc etc etc.

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I am also a Druid, I see the creatures as highly damaging to nature... Almost as damaging as Humans... just with Humans, we have rules I have to follow, with these creatures, I have no rules to follow...
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

All of them sound good, so...

(rolls the die)

:)

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Gents, I will not be at tonight's game. My son is taking my wife and me out tonight as his xmas gift to us (dinner and SW:TFA viewing). Have a great session.
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

I got some last minute shopping to do and I'm going out of town to do it, so I might not make it to the game tonight.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

well, if we are down 2 .... I hope we aren't going back to the valley to clear out the 4k hobgoblins !

Enjoy the movie !

C&C Society

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Doing family time tonight.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Game called. Only three showed up. Merry Holidays everyone.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Game on tomorrow?

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Game on.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I'm in ... need it yet again after today at work (good news from work though, I found real good medical research to give myself a fighting chance on my disagreement hearing next week, and hours we see vets have been cut a little to give us more time to do the data and prep or briefs for hearings)

C&C Society

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

I'll be there in about 5 minutes.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

So, not a lot of gaming last night. The party found out it was crazy expensive to raise and outfit an army. That changed their minds about going back to the Valley of the Black Moon. After much debate, the party decided to return to Yeldon. They boarded a ship and that's where we left off.

I have put together a plan for you guys that should cover several sessions.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Our characters found out just how expensive raising even a small army can be, not to mention the time it takes as well.

Kelidor is up for more travel, wherever the vagaries of life take him.

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Gentlemen, I regret I am out this week. I am heading to Baltimore for the week and will not have access to my online games while on the road. Have a great week of gaming!
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

rom90125 wrote:Gentlemen, I regret I am out this week. I am heading to Baltimore for the week and will not have access to my online games while on the road. Have a great week of gaming!
No problem Rom. Have a safe trip. We'll be sure to kill off Keh'El as soon as we can. :twisted:

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

We kept Kah-El safe enough, but Barleg & Lupa .... Evil trees and giant spiders ....

The worst, evil tree ent gets a critical on the barbarian and drops him to - 6 HP. But, I will say it was fun mocking the trees to get them to chase after me, "Your father was an elderberry, and your mother was an untrimed bush" ... then getting turned invisible and keeping the evil ents chasing me until everyone was safely out of the area.

C&C Society

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Gentlemen, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my departure from regular play at this time. I have been juggling parenting, work, coaching and our game nights for sometime, however, it has simply become too much. Thank you, my friends, for allowing me to participate and hopefully I will have the opportunity to rejoin in the not to distant future.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Sorry to hear that, Rom. We'll be here when your schedule clears and we will have a place for you...at the front of the party opening doors and chests! :D

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

rom90125 wrote:Gentlemen, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my departure from regular play at this time. I have been juggling parenting, work, coaching and our game nights for sometime, however, it has simply become too much. Thank you, my friends, for allowing me to participate and hopefully I will have the opportunity to rejoin in the not to distant future.
Sorry to see you go, but it is understandable. You are always welcomed back to game.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

rom90125 wrote:Gentlemen, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my departure from regular play at this time. I have been juggling parenting, work, coaching and our game nights for sometime, however, it has simply become too much. Thank you, my friends, for allowing me to participate and hopefully I will have the opportunity to rejoin in the not to distant future.

Believe me, I understand. I had a multi year time when real life got in the way of gaming. Got to hate it when real life does that ... but like others said, the game and parties with open seats will be here when time allows you to return.
Aramis wrote:Sorry to hear that, Rom. We'll be here when your schedule clears and we will have a place for you...at the front of the party opening doors and chests! :D

Wait, I thought we had a thief /druid for that ... oh yeah he 'isn't that kind of thief' .... :lol:

C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Maximus will be joining our game starting tomorrow. He has no experience with either Maptools or online gaming, so help him out as you can.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads