roll20.net

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
MrGrim
Mist Elf

roll20.net

Post by MrGrim »

Has anyone tried running Castles and Crusades with roll20.net?

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: roll20.net

Post by Rigon »

Treebore uses it for his games.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

MrGrim wrote:Has anyone tried running Castles and Crusades with roll20.net?
I run a game (it was two games, but the second one is on an extended hiatus). Been playing about a year now. It works great and I couldn't be more pleased with it. Do you have any specific questions?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yep, just got done running a Traveller game tonight on Roll 20.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

MrGrim
Mist Elf

Post by MrGrim »

How does one go about finding a group to play C&C on roll20.net? I'd eventually like to run games myself using something like this but thought it would be better to start as a player.

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

MrGrim wrote:How does one go about finding a group to play C&C on roll20.net? I'd eventually like to run games myself using something like this but thought it would be better to start as a player.
While there is a drop-down menu for choosing the game you wish to play, C&C isn't on there. I know we are talking with roll20 about getting us up there, but, as of yet, it hasn't happened. I was told if they see a significant number of people in their LFG forums, they will eventually put it on the list. Steve and I are currently looking at TLG making some headway into the site, possibly having some C&C stuff in their Marketplace. It's all tentative right now, though.

The best thing you can do is post in their "Looking For Group" part of the forums. I know there are plenty of C&C players on there.

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

The Trolls might start by talking to Roll20 to include official C&C character sheets in Roll20 when that feature comes out in May. Not sure how that feature will be implemented but might be good and relatively simply way to start getting C&C noticed there. I've emailed them too and asked for C&C to be put on their list of games, and got the same response.

It's a bit annoying as I think a lot of us, use roll20 but find players elsewhere, so they're not using the Looking For Game forums, so aren't being noticed by the roll20 folks.

AGNKim wrote:
MrGrim wrote:How does one go about finding a group to play C&C on roll20.net? I'd eventually like to run games myself using something like this but thought it would be better to start as a player.
While there is a drop-down menu for choosing the game you wish to play, C&C isn't on there. I know we are talking with roll20 about getting us up there, but, as of yet, it hasn't happened. I was told if they see a significant number of people in their LFG forums, they will eventually put it on the list. Steve and I are currently looking at TLG making some headway into the site, possibly having some C&C stuff in their Marketplace. It's all tentative right now, though.

The best thing you can do is post in their "Looking For Group" part of the forums. I know there are plenty of C&C players on there.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yeah, I didn't need to look for players, since my groups migrated over from Maptools to Roll 20. So all my players, aside from my originals who have been with me for over 6 years now, were found right here on these forums.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

dachda wrote:The Trolls might start by talking to Roll20 to include official C&C character sheets in Roll20 when that feature comes out in May.
Who's to say we haven't? Spoiler alert: we have. :twisted:

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Excellent. I'll be first in line to start using 'em when that feature is released in May.

AGNKim wrote:
dachda wrote:The Trolls might start by talking to Roll20 to include official C&C character sheets in Roll20 when that feature comes out in May.
Who's to say we haven't? Spoiler alert: we have. :twisted:

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

There is a live Q&A going on right now with one of the creators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dl_bN0S4jY#t=220

MrGrim
Mist Elf

Post by MrGrim »

Anyone interested in a quick session? I'll CK it.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

MrGrim wrote:Anyone interested in a quick session? I'll CK it.

Tonight? Yeah, I can do a one shot, but won't be able to commit to a long term game, I am already in 3 per week on line.

MrGrim
Mist Elf

Post by MrGrim »

Great...now how do I go about getting you in the game...technically speaking? Can I just send you the link to the campaign?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

MrGrim wrote:Great...now how do I go about getting you in the game...technically speaking? Can I just send you the link to the campaign?
Yeah, just give the link they give you, then it will be added to the campaigns I've joined list once I use it.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Plus I cannot start right now, I am on the West Coast, and am still working on installing flooring. Its not even 5 PM here just yet.

MrGrim
Mist Elf

Post by MrGrim »

Gotcha. It's 8Pm here...I'll be around for a couple hours if you are around before then...

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

I can join a quick game tonight. What do you need for characters?
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

MrGrim
Mist Elf

Post by MrGrim »

Sorry Aergraith, it looks like I missed you. I did have session tonight and, despite a few bugs, found Roll20.net to be the best thing I've come across so far to play RPGs online.

I'm thinking I might start a new, Internet based gaming group. When I work out the times, I'll make a new post on the forum here for anyone interested.