View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Monday Wilderlands, The Slavelords. 
Clang lives!

Post Re: Monday Wilderlands, The Slavelords.
Lurker wrote:
Hope you all had a better night than I ... 3 cadets kept getting in trouble over and over and over.... and they would get the other cadets to get themselves in trouble too. You'd think they would get tired of me using Ranger Sgt voice with them, inches from their ear, ever 30 min ... Oh well, it will be over this Sunday. See you all nest week

Maybe they liked you whispering sweet nothings into their ears. :lol:

See you next week mang. My game kicking off.

R-

My Game Threads

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:11 pm
Mogrl

Hey, I am sick, cough, running nose, sore throat, sneezing, etc... so I am not running my game tonight, so hopefully Rigon can run his. I can probably manage to play if he does. Assuming I don't feel a lot worse by then.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:41 pm
Lore Drake

Are we playing in this game tonight then?

Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:12 pm
Mogrl

Kayolan wrote:
Are we playing in this game tonight then?

No, Rigon's. Back to mine next week.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:38 pm
Clang lives!

We on for tonight?

R-

My Game Threads

Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:24 pm
Mogrl

Rigon wrote:
We on for tonight?

R-

Sure looks like it.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:30 pm
Red Cap

Treebore wrote:
Rigon wrote:
We on for tonight?

R-

Sure looks like it.

Tree, I have a coaching gig tonight but will be in by 9:30pm tonight. Thank you, sir.

Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:53 pm
Lore Drake

Fun game tonight guys!

Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:29 am
Clang lives!

Kayolan wrote:
Fun game tonight guys!

I tell you what, Tegal Manor is a creepy, effed up place. Tree described it best when he mentioned the movie Hellraiser as a comparison. I'm more creeped out by it that I ever was going through Ravenloft.

R-

My Game Threads

Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:06 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Rigon wrote:
Kayolan wrote:
Fun game tonight guys!

I tell you what, Tegal Manor is a creepy, effed up place. Tree described it best when he mentioned the movie Hellraiser as a comparison. I'm more creeped out by it that I ever was going through Ravenloft.

R-

Rgr that, and the icing on the cake was the map, effects by lighting and sounds. Great game!!!!

I vote we retreat and drop a nuke on it from orbit. it's the only way we can be sure ... oh sorry wrong movie/setting!

Honestly, if 1st floor is this awesome, I can't picture how delightfully twisted the rest will be!

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:35 pm
Mogrl

For anyone who is a fan of Roll 20, I just wanted to share with you why I never buy from them...

"2.1 You agree that Roll20 may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Marketplace (or any features within the Marketplace) to you or to users generally at Roll20’s sole discretion, without prior notice to you."

So I buy from Drivethru or Paizo, who actually promise to keep anything I buy perpetually available to me, if its within their licensing agreements to do so.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:02 pm
Mogrl

With all the talk/comments I have been hearing lately in the various groups I play in about Roll 20 and Maptools "cheating" on its dice rolls I've been thinking about backing this Kickstarter just to see if the outcomes feel more "honest"...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1861515217/deck100-100-cards-to-replace-dice-and-enhance-your

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:14 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Treebore wrote:
For anyone who is a fan of Roll 20, I just wanted to share with you why I never buy from them...

"2.1 You agree that Roll20 may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Marketplace (or any features within the Marketplace) to you or to users generally at Roll20’s sole discretion, without prior notice to you."

So I buy from Drivethru or Paizo, who actually promise to keep anything I buy perpetually available to me, if its within their licensing agreements to do so.

Isn't it the case that you can download assets that you purchase? And they are not DRM'd? So you'd always have them.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:03 pm
Mogrl

Aergraith wrote:
Treebore wrote:

Isn't it the case that you can download assets that you purchase? And they are not DRM'd? So you'd always have them.

Paizo and Drivethru always have what I buy available to me to DL again. So if my hard drive crashes before I back it up, I can just go to my order history or library, and DL it again, without having to worry about paying for it again. Roll 20 reserves the "right" to remove my access to previous purchases, without any warning. Do I think they actually will? Probably not. Yet, since Paizo and Drivethru assure me I will always have access, I buy similar, and even the same, products from them instead.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:10 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Treebore wrote:
Aergraith wrote:
Treebore wrote:

Paizo and Drivethru always have what I buy available to me to DL again. So if my hard drive crashes before I back it up, I can just go to my order history or library, and DL it again, without having to worry about paying for it again. Roll 20 reserves the "right" to remove my access to previous purchases, without any warning. Do I think they actually will? Probably not. Yet, since Paizo and Drivethru assure me I will always have access, I buy similar, and even the same, products from them instead.

I haven't seen Paizo or DTRPG's agreement to keep these things available as long as they are in business, so not disputing that. But any of them could tank and you'd lose your content that way (or they could be acquired by another company that will not honor their agreement or keep the same assets stocked, as has happened with some ebook stores.)

Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:22 pm
Mogrl

Aergraith wrote:
Treebore wrote:
Aergraith wrote:
Treebore wrote:

I haven't seen Paizo or DTRPG's agreement to keep these things available as long as they are in business, so not disputing that. But any of them could tank and you'd lose your content that way (or they could be acquired by another company that will not honor their agreement or keep the same assets stocked, as has happened with some ebook stores.)

True, but neither of them have it as policy to deny me access, without warning. In fact, when Drivethru had to stop selling WOTC PDF's, I had time to get final copies before they were removed for all those years. Roll 20 does have a policy to deny me access, without warning. So I don't buy from them. I've made the Roll 20 people aware of this several times, so if they continue to have such a policy, I'll continue to not buy from them.

Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:20 pm
Clang lives!

Sorry I didn't make it last night at all. I didn't get home until around 830. Then, once I got the garbage out and eat supper, it was already after 9 and I was completely wiped. I was in bed by 10.

R-

My Game Threads

Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:17 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

Hope you had a good rest. I would have played but was glad you couldn't run the game as I was burned out exhausted as well!

See y'all in 2 weeks.

:)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:18 am
Greater Lore Drake

I'm not sure who is running the game on the 9th, but I may be late.

My church is starting their spring revival next week. It will depend on how fired up the preacher is on when we get out. I'm guessing 15 - 45 min late ...

C&C Society

Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:49 am
Clang lives!

Lurker wrote:

My church is starting their spring revival next week. It will depend on how fired up the preacher is on when we get out. I'm guessing 15 - 45 min late ...

Good question. It would be Tree's turn in the rotation, so unless he wants to cancel or play, I'm guessing it will be his game.

R-

My Game Threads

Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:48 am
Mogrl

Rigon wrote:
Lurker wrote:

Good question. It would be Tree's turn in the rotation, so unless he wants to cancel or play, I'm guessing it will be his game.

R-

My understanding was that we are to try and stick to our normal rotations, which would mean my game next week. Unless I get sick, etc...

Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:17 am
Clang lives!

Treebore wrote:
Rigon wrote:
Lurker wrote:

R-

My understanding was that we are to try and stick to our normal rotations, which would mean my game next week. Unless I get sick, etc...

That's what I was assuming. Just wanted to get clarification. Thanks.

R-

My Game Threads

Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:51 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Rgr I may be late, but Sir Rump will be there ASAP

C&C Society

Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:14 pm
Mogrl

I'm bummed no one has been feeling inspired to write up recaps. I was thinking with how the sound effects, etc... were freaking some of you out a little bit someone would get inspired...

Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:03 am
Greater Lore Drake

Treebore wrote:
I'm bummed no one has been feeling inspired to write up recaps. I was thinking with how the sound effects, etc... were freaking some of you out a little bit someone would get inspired...

Wellllll, you know me, I normally jump on doing the write up. However, as I'm a bit player, and late to join the party missing everything leading up to them helping Rump clear out the house, I figured it would be presumptuous to start doing the write up for the party.

That said, the sound effects and mapping work are amazing and have built up the 'horror' already at play in the house!

C&C Society

Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:00 pm
Hlobane Orc

Sorry Tree but I wont make the game tonight. I have a big test that Im studying for.

Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:10 am
Red Cap

Good luck on your test ArrowHawk!

Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:22 am
Mogrl

I believe its this game tonight.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:12 am
Red Cap

I'm down and out tonight. Day two of my cold and I'm off to bed.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:30 am
Mogrl

Fought a crazy magic arrow slinging Gnome and then pissed off the Avatar of Odin himself! Death was imminent, but quick thinking from Daithan calmed the enraged Odin, saved the parties lives, and got the party rewards that allows the wearer to talk with Animals (Ring), a +2 Silver chased Spear of Magnificent craftsmanship with the spear head having the head of a wolf etched on both sides, with their teeth bared. It is a Wolf Spear, and does an extra d6 of Holy damage versus undead and creatures connected to the plane of Shadow. Its proper name is "Shadowstriker". Then in reward for particular devoutness and a moment of great insight, Daithan now has a Raven companion that will stay with him for a month, can telepathically speak with Daithan, and while within 60' of Daithan gives the effect of Prayer only to Daithan. The ring is called the Ring of Mund. Which is German for the Mouth/Tongue.

The "proper" name for Shadowstriker is Schattenschlag, which is German for Shadow Striker.

If you want proper pronunciation for it in German:

https://www.google.com/search?q=German+word+for+shadow+strike&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next