Monday Wilderlands, The Slavelords.

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Aramis
Lore Drake

Re: Monday Wilderlands, The Slavelords.

Post by Aramis »

Treebore wrote: As soon as 4 of you show up we will start. Those who are late will just have to play catch up. I just want to get as much gaming in as possible before Rhu passes out on us.
Excellent idea. We will make sure to get all of our door opening and chest plundering in whil Rhuvein is still available

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Sounds good. I couldn't find his char. :P
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Aramis wrote:
Treebore wrote: As soon as 4 of you show up we will start. Those who are late will just have to play catch up. I just want to get as much gaming in as possible before Rhu passes out on us.
Excellent idea. We will make sure to get all of our door opening and chest plundering in whil Rhuvein is still available
Just don't do any chest plundering on my character in Nate's game! ;)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Are you going to be on a little early? I can log on around 845, my time. I shouldn't have any troubles, now that I switched to firefox.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Treebore wrote:Arkouna/Aramis has given me permission to start tonights game with him captured as well. This way the rest of you won't have to sit there while we figure out how many times he avoids capture. So everyone will begin play tonight in their new job careers, Slaves.

A series of picture post cards found in an abandoned mailbox:

Post Card 1.

(picture of a peaceful, bucolic village)

I have found the village. There are some horses available. Should be back very soon. I am glad I built that stone fortress for you guys. I am sure that has kept you all safe (unless you did something crazy like all stand outside of the dome when attacked)

See you soon

Post Card 2.

(picture of Arkouna with his chubby arm wrapped around a barmaid twice as tall as him)

Something has come up. On further investigation, it turns out it may take longer to get the horses than I thought. Much, much longer. Darn these long business deals!

Drinking to your good health!

Post Card 3.

(Picture of Arkouna, grinning and giving the thumbs up sign, surrounded by rough looking sailors with tattoos and scars)

Just arrived for another boring business meeting. Boy, buying these horses is hard work. These fellows seem very interested in meeting me. Look like fine fellows.

"Hey, what are you doing? let go of me!"

(Also, why am I wasting action rounds by continuing to write this stupid post card?)

Aaaaargh! Not more level 12 poison checks. Do you guys buy this by the vat on C&Cbay or what?

Zzzzzz

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:Are you going to be on a little early? I can log on around 845, my time. I shouldn't have any troubles, now that I switched to firefox.

R-

I already have Roll 20 and SKYPE up.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Arrowhawk is on call this week, and thinks it is unlikely he will make tonights game. Guess he will be spending a lot of time in the laundry room!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

How did we make out? Did the ship burn up, did we kill the captain, did he kill us?

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:How did we make out? Did the ship burn up, did we kill the captain, did he kill us?

R-
We just got to the end of the round and called it a night. So still to be determined. Next week we start at the top of the new round, I noted the initiative order in the Roll 20 Hand outs, etc...

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:
Rigon wrote:How did we make out? Did the ship burn up, did we kill the captain, did he kill us?

R-
We just got to the end of the round and called it a night. So still to be determined. Next week we start at the top of the new round, I noted the initiative order in the Roll 20 Hand outs, etc...
Ok, cool. I just couldn't stay awake anymore.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:
Treebore wrote:

R-
Ok, cool. I just couldn't stay awake anymore.

R-

I felt it was obvious I was in pretty bad shape too. My eyes were so blurry I had a hard time reading what I was typing. On the good side, last night was the first night in 25 nights that I slept more than 5 to 6 hours. I got in a solid 8, WHOOOT!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I went back and made better notes, including to remind Arkouna of his plans to Coup de Grace the held guy. I also noted what spells were left.

Edit: Which means Arkouna has no spells, because he does not have them listed in his Roll 20 character sheet, Druid or Mage spells.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Also remember over half of the top deck of the ship is in flames, and will soon go to "conflagration" status, which will be considerably uglier than I have been having the fire behave so far. You also still have about 120 slaves still chained in the two lower decks, as well as tied and gagged sailors.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

New updates to Roll 20. I have also become a subscriber, so when my players sign into my games you are not supposed to see any kind of ad, let me know if you do.

Polygon tool added under the drawing tools menu. Select it, then click to create points. Either make the last point near the first one or press Esc to finish the polygon. Has the same options as the other shape tool in terms of fill/stroke.

- Global Macros. GMs now have access to a new field when editing Macros called "Visible To." You can choose a specific player or "All Players", and the macro will be show up in the list for that player (although they cannot edit it). The player can then use that macro in their macro bar, or even as a nested macro in one of their own macros. Great for setting up macros in advance for your players.

- Better tag searching for Your Library. Now you can enter multiple terms in the Art Library search and it will only find assets in your library that match ALL of those terms. You can also use "OR" (all capitalized, e.g. "fire OR water") and it will find all assets that match either of the terms.

- Now after you copy a token/map, you can left-click on the tabletop before you press Ctrl+V (or right-click and choose "Paste") and the token/map will be pasted to the place that you clicked instead of the original location of the item. Especially handy for copying/pasting between pages.

- Numerous bug fixes including bugs related to adding files from your desktop, fog of war bugs, etc.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Good deal.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I am thinking about modifying my Luck Point rules. I am thinking of just giving 4 points every game session. Of course if we end a session in the middle of a battle the points will not renew the next session until that encounter is concluded. Thoughts?

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:I am thinking about modifying my Luck Point rules. I am thinking of just giving 4 points every game session. Of course if we end a session in the middle of a battle the points will not renew the next session until that encounter is concluded. Thoughts?
I like the way you have it now. You should always have some luck points to use. Unless you permanently burn them, like someone we know. ;)

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Hey Tree, I'm probably not going to make the game tonight. It is my wedding anniversary, so I want to spend it with the wife.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:Hey Tree, I'm probably not going to make the game tonight. It is my wedding anniversary, so I want to spend it with the wife.

R-
What? Your putting real life and your marriage before gaming? Blasphemy!

On that note, I have to go out and about taking care of property tax paperwork. Lets hope I don't get wiped out like I did last Friday, when I cancelled the Ravenloft session.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Very tired myself, so I'm either doubtful or may play for a short while, if you run the game.

:?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

OK, I am cancelling again. This time its due to my disabilities, so I will be fighting severe nausea, and probably vomiting, the rest of the night.

Sorry guys, but rest assured I would much rather spend my time trying to kill your PC's.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

At least I didn't miss the death of Daithan.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Things are looking good for gaming tonight!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I have the new maps up just in case you live past the boat.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Maybe a little late.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Maybe a little late.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

And me . . I'll probably drop off early! Sorry! :ugeek:

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Game link. If you have yet to do so, bookmark your account page. You can enter any game you are in from your account page. Don't forget to write down your password, etc...

https://app.roll20.net/join/13531/GkQNhA

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rhuvein wrote:And me . . I'll probably drop off early! Sorry! :ugeek:
Getting used to it Rhu. You may want to write down general "How to play my character..." guide lines, and make sure your character sheet is as up to date as possible from session to session. That way whomever plays for you is a lot less likely to get your PC killed in ways you wouldn't do it yourself.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Treebore wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:And me . . I'll probably drop off early! Sorry! :ugeek:
Getting used to it Rhu. You may want to write down general "How to play my character..." guide lines, and make sure your character sheet is as up to date as possible from session to session. That way whomever plays for you is a lot less likely to get your PC killed in ways you wouldn't do it yourself.
No worries. I think most of the gang know how I roll. And even if they get reckless with my char, no problemo at all.

But I will try to keep the char sheet updated and loaded with all the necessary info.

Thanks. 8-)