Tuesday Game

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Aramis
Lore Drake

Tuesday Game

Post by Aramis »

In response to the irregularity of the Tuesday Wilderlands game, we need to have a regular back up game set up for Tuesdays. This was Nwelte's excellent Tomb of Horrors game, but he has been forced to bow out because, and I quote Nwelte here, "The KGB mind laser farms are beaming disturbing thoughts into my pre frontal cortex"**. So he's out. Then we had 64 bit, but after one session, he has decided that we are "uncoachable" :lol: . So we present some more permanent options for your amusement

The options are as you see in the poll. Choose wisely, grasshoppers, as (depending on what Treebore's plans are) this may in fact become the regular Tuesday game

The Classic modules would be pretty Vanilla C&C and some of the great modules we have not yet touched on in this group. I was thinking maybe U1 (saltmarsh) or B10 (Nights Dark Terror) or we could just start at mid levels and dive into something a bit more challenging

Feel free to suggest other things you want to DM if that is your preference

**- Note-that may not be a direct quote.

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Tuesday Game

Post by Rhuvein »

Well, hopefully Treebore will be able to continue. Or he may want to consider running his game every other Tuesday.

Anyway, I'm OK with either of you guys running a game.

I just remembered that I put together at least one "Tower of Adventures" adventure, so I'm going to find that.

8-)
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Given the choice, I'd rather not run an every week game, so I voted for Aramis. But I would if that's what everyone wants. I hope Tree can continue to run the Wilderlands game, but if we need to switch it up or have a steady back up, these look like good options.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Rigon wrote:Given the choice, I'd rather not run an every week game, so I voted for Aramis.

R-
Well, I am going to vote for your game, so we are back to square one! :lol:

But seriously, we will see what Arrowhawk, 64 bit and Rhuvein are interested in. (I bet one votes sandbox, one votes Dark Sun, and one votes "I like pie")

As you both said, the best scenario by far is to keep up with the most excellent wilderlands game, but if that is not going to have a session at least 8 weeks out of 10, I think we need some other options

64bitrobot
Hlobane Orc

Post by 64bitrobot »

I'm thinking, it's a tough choice here between doing classic modules and a sandbox...I'll think about it before I vote.

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

If I can just get past this insane work load (or as Aramis quoted me as saying "The KGB mind laser farms are beaming disturbing thoughts into my pre frontal cortex"), I would be game for whatever.

Still want to kill you all in the Tomb.

If I cannot do it on Tuesday's I will have no choice but to power level you fools on Sundays and get you to the Tomb that way.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

nwelte1 wrote:If I can just get past this insane work load (or as Aramis quoted me as saying "The KGB mind laser farms are beaming disturbing thoughts into my pre frontal cortex"), I would be game for whatever.

Still want to kill you all in the Tomb.

If I cannot do it on Tuesday's I will have no choice but to power level you fools on Sundays and get you to the Tomb that way.
Good to hear Nwelte. That was good fun. Of course, the chances of anyone surviving your Sunday game look slim! :lol: We look forward to gaming with you again soon.

Don't let the KGB get you! Keep up your defences! I hear tin foil hats keep the mind lasers at bay.

;)

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

64bitrobot wrote:I'm thinking, it's a tough choice here between doing classic modules and a sandbox...I'll think about it before I vote.
Well, the sandbox stuff exists only in my troubled dreams, so I would have to write it all up. The set up is the PCs (all vanilla C&C class humans) are part of an expedition travelling through a portal to explore a (relatively) New World. The PC's nations have already established small colonies in this already inhabited realm, and trade/war with the various inhabitants. It is a world very unlike the one the PCs are used to. (the rumour is there are terrible monsters there. Some crazed returnees have even hinted at "magic", but that is clearly foolish superstitions)

But if I was to be a player, I would almost certainly vote for classic modules (after an amusing jaunt in Rigon's Dark Sun, playing my Thri kreen psionicist Xii Ma Nii Kri-katt [Jiminy Cricket]). That is one of the best things about the Tuesday games: all the great classic modules we have been able to run through. I just really like the feel of those modules

64bitrobot
Hlobane Orc

Post by 64bitrobot »

That does sound like a very interesting idea for a sandbox. Though I guess I really haven't had much of a chance to explore classic modules, which has been quite a bit of fun so far. So I'd like to continue that.

(Especially on the off chance I could continue using gavriel)

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Perhaps we all could take turns running modules . . I've just been perusing Cairn of the Skeleton King by Rob Kuntz. 4th-7th level. Not too long of a module (the 1st section anyway), but it looks very cool and very fun (for both players and CKs).

8-)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Rhuvein wrote:Perhaps we all could take turns running modules . . I've just been perusing Cairn of the Skeleton King by Rob Kuntz. 4th-7th level. Not too long of a module (the 1st section anyway), but it looks very cool and very fun (for both players and CKs).

8-)
Sounds excellent to me.

Should we start with 1st level characters and 1st level modules and build up as we go through the modules? Or should we just slot in characters into whichever modules strike our fancy with no regard to campaign depth or backstory?

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Aramis wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:Perhaps we all could take turns running modules . . I've just been perusing Cairn of the Skeleton King by Rob Kuntz. 4th-7th level. Not too long of a module (the 1st section anyway), but it looks very cool and very fun (for both players and CKs).

8-)
Sounds excellent to me.

Should we start with 1st level characters and 1st level modules and build up as we go through the modules? Or should we just slot in characters into whichever modules strike our fancy with no regard to campaign depth or backstory?
That's a good thought. I had kicked around the idea in my mind of mebbe running Dark Chateau first to build up char levels.

:geek:

ArrowHawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by ArrowHawk »

Im up for anything guys. I liked playing the Half-Giant in Rigons Dark Sun game and i like the high level Druid in Nweltes game. I would love to play either of those again or start up something new. I would run a game but ive never done one before and would probably bomb it big time. Like i said, im up for anything, and would also like to keep the Tuesday game alive.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

ArrowHawk wrote:Im up for anything guys. I liked playing the Half-Giant in Rigons Dark Sun game and i like the high level Druid in Nweltes game. I would love to play either of those again or start up something new. I would run a game but ive never done one before and would probably bomb it big time. Like i said, im up for anything, and would also like to keep the Tuesday game alive.
Sounds good, Arrowhawk. If you want to try GMing, I am sure we would all be more than happy to have you give it a go. That's how you learn. It can't be any worse than when I started (many moons ago now) where all sorts of amusing misinterpretations of the rules were perpetrated :lol: . Good times.

It sounds like we are coalescing around classic modules. So the key question is do we want to "campaign it" from 1st level or just jump between modules adjusting our characters up or down levels as we go?

Should we just start with Cairn of the skeleton king run by one Count Rhuvein?

Another amusing idea is, we play the classic modules, but we jazz up the characters. So, for example, we bring in Rhuvein's half giants, or maybe we bring in other classes from the various fan made option books around, and maybe, just maybe, we bring in Rigon's half dragon race. All that might bring an interesting "gonzo" feel to some of the modules (although we will have to be careful the PCs are not too tough for a given module's challenge rating)

Thoughts?

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Looks like Tree has to cancel again tonight (still trying to get his new roofing finished). Anyone up to running an alternative for tonight?

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Rigon wrote:Looks like Tree has to cancel again tonight (still trying to get his new roofing finished). Anyone up to running an alternative for tonight?

R-
Yes, I can run something! 8-)

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Thanks for the game Rhu. It was a good time.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Rigon wrote:Thanks for the game Rhu. It was a good time.

R-
And you are welcome.

And thanks to you and the other guys for joining the game. It was a gladly needed practice session that I was happy to run. I know that online gaming is very close to face to face, but there are a few things that are different. And so, having another opportunity to run a game is very helpful to me.

Thanks to:

Rigon
Slimykuotoan
LordSeurek
Aramis

I'll post a summary and XP tomorrow!!

:D

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Rhuvein wrote:
Rigon wrote:Looks like Tree has to cancel again tonight (still trying to get his new roofing finished). Anyone up to running an alternative for tonight?

R-
Good stuff Rhuvein. Who needs a rogue when there is a goblin handy to check for traps!

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Aramis wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:

R-
Good stuff Rhuvein. Who needs a rogue when there is a goblin handy to check for traps!
:lol:

Indeed! And how nice to get extra XPs for clever use of a goblin prisoner!!

[Btw, in the entrance room . . that hall to the right ~ you were thinking to return to explore someday. Let me assure you, that behind the door - it's not a portal entrance to The Tomb of Horrors!! ;)

But I can't say that it's not a portal to a certain ape island! :? ]

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Adventures in the South Pastures . . or "Show your mettle!"

The bold adventurers were contacted by the Marshall of Yggsburgh’s deputy bailiff for a commission to the South Pastures to investigate some disturbances around the farming communities there.

You ride down south to the Village of Meadowspring to enjoy lunch at the Blue Lantern where you meet the sheriff, Percivel who tells you what’s been happening in the area.

After lunch you ride out to meet some of the farmers. While talking to them, a farmer’s wife runs up to tell the group of her missing daughter.

The sheriff leads you to a suspicious cave entrance up in the hills south west of the farmlands. He and his deputies will guard the horses and keep watch while you explore the cave/dungeon complex.

The party consists of:

Snorri Ironbeard, the “Artificer” – tall handsome dwarf
Wellington – human ranger extraordinaire
Dhorric, human Algai’d’siswai, mighty is he
Tutoc, half-giant druid, fierce loyal party member
Zac – goliath tarantula, bard and companion to Tutoc

The group enters the dungeon and sees an old dwarf statue which tells all that this used to be a dwarven stronghold of some sort, but has been long abandoned.

In the second room, you encountered 5 goblins who went down in a sleep spell and were easily dispatched. You found a chest, but suspected that it was trapped – so you left it alone.

The party went further north to discover the round room with the downward moving spiked ceiling. There were 3 others doors in the room. You chose the west door to escape the traps and found 2 large rats. Battle ensued with the rats avoiding your attacks at first. The group eventually found their marks and killed the rats.

You went back into the round room and proceeded north into a large room, which turned out to be a crypt and found skeletons waiting for you. An excellent fight occurred and the adventuring party showed their mettle. You left the room with bones scattered all over the place.

Back to the round room, the group goes through the east door to face 7 goblins. Another sleep spell takes out 5 of the enemy. The other 2 get chopped up. The girl is found in a secret chamber and freed. She, of course is happy to see the party and many tears are shed by the mighty warriors.

The group kills the other goblins, except one - who they interrogate. That goblin is then taken to the other room and forced to open the chest. He takes a dart through the brain and drops dead.

Zac is allowed to feast on one of the goblins for a bit while the party digs through the chest to see what treasures are found.

The group leads the girl out of the complex where Percivel is waiting with the horse. You all ride back and the farmers rejoice and throw a little party. You are served some of the best food you’ve had in a long time.

Ale, spirits and Longbottom leaf go around while fireworks go off and a splendid time is had for all.

XP 309 per PC.

Treasure totals:

165 GPs
66 SPs
200 CPs
1 large diamond (approx 850 GPs)
2 gems (sapphires) 50 GPs each
2 rings of protection (+1)
other? (let me know if I forgot something

:)

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Rhuvein wrote:
165 GPs
66 SPs
200 CPs
1 large diamond (approx 850 GPs)
2 gems (sapphires) 50 GPs each
2 rings of protection (+1)
other? (let me know if I forgot something

:)
I think the two rings were claimed, so Tutoc will take the pretty, shiny diamond

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

OK- for this Tuesday I have set up a wee adventure. We all hope we don't have to resort to the drastic step of Aramis running something, but if Treebore is unavailable we will give it a try

I also made some pre made character concepts to try out a bit of a different flavour, so we have:

a halfling troubador, whose skills charm the ladies but whose rascally ways get the party into most of their most dangerous scrapes

a half giant berserker, who is normally a studious polite chap named Clarence, but when the trouble starts he gets "angry" (he might even develop a vaguely greenish tinge)

a half elf beast soul who draws on the totem spirits of the creatures of the forest to give him supernatural powers

and, last but not least, a half dragon ranger, with a dark past and a countenance to match. Anyone but Rigon can play that one ;)

So that is 4 characters people can choose from, or make their own. At least we have a back up if needed

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Sounds good . . halfling troubadour for me!! :P

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-6CYsDxgKp_A/TZ52E ... IBryce.jpg

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Perhaps the good Aramis might run a pickup game for us tonight!! ??

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Last time Nate ran Fingers and today he said if his computer works (he is having issues) he could run something if Tree can't run his game.

So, perhaps we can continue with Fingers.

8-)