Nate's New Sunday Night Game

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
jaybird216
Lore Drake

Re: Nate's New Sunday Night Game

Post by jaybird216 »

Sorry for the short notice gang, but I'm not going to make it tonight. My parents are back in town and there's a houseful of family waiting for the brisket to finish on the smoker. Timli's just running a little behind!

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

Game did not happen. Not enough players.

As a reminder, I am out the month of June. I am gone to a family event and then trial school. The next game night will be July 6th unless somethings changes.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

UPDATED FOR PHARAOH 7/21/2014
Sir Fulgrim Seven-Fingered, Knight of Veluna
Human Chaotic Good Fighter 7
Deity: St. Cuthbert of the Cudgel

Description:
200#, 6', Brown hair, blue eyes.

Experience: 90,000
Needed for 8: 136001

P STR 12 (+0)
P DEX 16 (+2)
CON 11 (+0)
INT 10 (+0)
WIS 6 (-1)
P CHA 10 (+0)
(Total bonus: +1, yeah!)

Current HP: 42
Languages: Common

AC: 24
10 (Base)
10 (Plate Mail +3)
2 (Expert Buckler)
2 (Dexterity)

Abilities
Weapon Specialty (shortbow)
Combat Dominance
BTH=7

Weapons
Sentient Shortbow (+2, LG, Int 7), Resist arcane as Dwarf (+3)
Attack: +13 Dmg: 1d6+4 60/120/180 0/-2/-6
(7bth+2dex+2mag+2weapspec) (1d6+2mag+2weapspec)
Scather, Longsword of Answering +2
Attack: +9 Dmg 1d8+2
Morningstar +2
Attack: +9 Dmg: 2d4+2
Dagger
Attack: +7 Dmg: 1d4

Equipment
Backpack
Grappling Hook
Rope (50')
Manacles
Terry cloth
Tinderbox
Crimson Robe with Flaming Eye
Large Sack
2 weeks rations
5 spikes
Bag of Holding (150#)
1 quiver of 20 arrows
1 quiver of 17 arrows

Signet Ring
Ring of Freedom of Movement
Ring of Protection +1
Knight of the Realm Medal (Veluna)
Hooded Lantern
Gloves, Leather
Doublet
Shoes
Boots of Levitation
Belt
Wineskin
Canteen
Symbol of St. Cuthbert
Rope of Entangling (on belt)
Belt Pack, Large
Wolvesbane
25 marbles
Bandages, 5
7 bolts
Potion of Waterbreathing
2 Potion of Heal
1 Potion of Cure Critical
3 Cure Serious
2 Cure Lights
1 Restorations (Regular)
Deck of Many Things
(TERRWYN's) good luck stone
Tent
Food/Water 7 days
Writ of Authority to be in the Desert of Desolation
10 Bundles of Firewood
Old map of pyramid

Treasure: NONE!
Platinum:
Gold:
Silver:
Copper:
(All money spent in Verbobonc on health insurance)

Camel

Lands:
Farmland near Temple of Elemental Evil

Horses (1) + Saddle (Kept in Hommlet. Upkeep?)
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

Bah, sorry to do this but I need to miss the July 6th game as well.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

nwelte1 wrote:Game did not happen. Not enough players.

As a reminder, I am out the month of June. I am gone to a family event and then trial school. The next game night will be July 6th unless somethings changes.
Game on?

Demiurge
Red Cap

Post by Demiurge »

Aramis wrote:
nwelte1 wrote:The next game night will be July 6th unless somethings changes.
Game on?
I was just wondering the same thing.
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

I was planning on gaming today, but birthday celebrations are taxing on my old system..... I am going to call off the game for one more weekend. Sorry for the late notice.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

So, I can run mine if you want. Let me know if you want to play with 2.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Aergraith wrote:So, I can run mine if you want. Let me know if you want to play with 2.
I'll leave it up to demiurge but if there is no decision I will asume there is no game

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

Sorry... got heat exhaustion.... feel ill.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

nwelte1 wrote:Sorry... got heat exhaustion.... feel ill.
No worries, Nate. Take care of yourself!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Well, I was going to say, "If I could see the future, I could have played today." Since there was no game anyways, it doesn't matter.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Aramis wrote:
nwelte1 wrote:Game did not happen. Not enough players.

Game on?
?

Demiurge
Red Cap

Post by Demiurge »

I'm in for this one or the gap game.
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

Game on.

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

Sweet deal. I will actually be here :)

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

So what happened? A brief summary/synopsis of each session would be nice so I have a sense of what has happened during my absence.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Oh, well...

We tied up affairs in Verbobonc and/or Veluna, and left Terrwyn's remains in care of the temple of St. Cuthbert. There, they gifted us with many potions of healing, and the Baron presented us with 4 tables with 4 magical items, and we could choose one item from each table. I don't recall what was taken; Fulgrim took a ring of freedom of movement, Timli took a lion's shield, . Lorimar outright bought a Ring of Invisibility from one of the tables and it increased his bravery tenfold. I think Hamish got Iron Bands of Binding and Lorimar got Gloves of Dexterity +4.

It was just after receiving these gifts that a dark fellow robed in the attire of the desert nomads came bursting in, needing our services, some month's travel to the desert, where his tribe was beset by raiders. Along the way we learned that other forces were at play, including rumors of ghosts and mummies, and warring groups of dervishes who wished to protect certain desert relics, and griffon-riding "Symbians" who wished to see those relics destroyed.

Once in the desert proper, we lost our employer (and nearly Timli as well) to a sarlac-like tendril'd plant that sucked him under the sand. We dispatched it quickly but our employer (Abed was his name) could not be saved, so Timli disarticulated his head and bared it of flesh so it could continue to advise us, as we'd lost our guide and had no map. And advise us it did, though our notes were poorly kept and his sage words forgotten.

Hamish guided us as well as he could in the featureless desert, whereupon we came to be surrounded by 100 armed men, chief of whom was Khalid, who accused us of debauches and actions against the sultan which would make a gnoll blush. He admitted, sotto voce, that such charges were trumped up, but that we were expendable and would be killed if we did not atone for them anyway, by doing, basically, what our original employer wanted anyway. He gave us further information, supplies, and traded our horses for camels, and we dutifully continued, until we came upon what may be a sunken city. There we were accosted by spiders, which were easily dispatched. We found a tablet which told us what to do when we came upon a particular set of doors, and we made sure to commit it to the memory of the most intelligent among us.

And it is there that our tale has ended for the moment.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Treebore wrote:So what happened? A brief summary/synopsis of each session would be nice so I have a sense of what has happened during my absence.
Veni, vidi, vici

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Aergraith wrote:Oh, well...

We tied up affairs in Verbobonc and/or Veluna, and left Terrwyn's remains in care of the temple of St. Cuthbert. There, they gifted us with many potions of healing, and the Baron presented us with 4 tables with 4 magical items, and we could choose one item from each table. I don't recall what was taken; Fulgrim took a ring of freedom of movement, Timli took a lion's shield, . Lorimar outright bought a Ring of Invisibility from one of the tables and it increased his bravery tenfold. I think Hamish got Iron Bands of Binding and Lorimar got Gloves of Dexterity +4.

It was just after receiving these gifts that a dark fellow robed in the attire of the desert nomads came bursting in, needing our services, some month's travel to the desert, where his tribe was beset by raiders. Along the way we learned that other forces were at play, including rumors of ghosts and mummies, and warring groups of dervishes who wished to protect certain desert relics, and griffon-riding "Symbians" who wished to see those relics destroyed.

Once in the desert proper, we lost our employer (and nearly Timli as well) to a sarlac-like tendril'd plant that sucked him under the sand. We dispatched it quickly but our employer (Abed was his name) could not be saved, so Timli disarticulated his head and bared it of flesh so it could continue to advise us, as we'd lost our guide and had no map. And advise us it did, though our notes were poorly kept and his sage words forgotten.

Hamish guided us as well as he could in the featureless desert, whereupon we came to be surrounded by 100 armed men, chief of whom was Khalid, who accused us of debauches and actions against the sultan which would make a gnoll blush. He admitted, sotto voce, that such charges were trumped up, but that we were expendable and would be killed if we did not atone for them anyway, by doing, basically, what our original employer wanted anyway. He gave us further information, supplies, and traded our horses for camels, and we dutifully continued, until we came upon what may be a sunken city. There we were accosted by spiders, which were easily dispatched. We found a tablet which told us what to do when we came upon a particular set of doors, and we made sure to commit it to the memory of the most intelligent among us.

And it is there that our tale has ended for the moment.
And that was just the first session.

Oh, deary me, you don't want to miss any more sessions Treebore and Rigon. Based on what happened in the introduction I foresee some unusual encounters of an Egyptian nature, some literary references to the Romantic poets' oeuvre, and a possible party life span of approximately 1 and 1/2 sessions.

In the encounter with the lone sarlac, Jaybird was hit in the first round and suffered the following damage: 2 points of normal melee damage + whatever your AC is

:shock:

I thought to myself...hmmmm, maybe these sarlacs are hiring? But lo, we defeated them, and went on to even greater vici-ness

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Oops, sarlacC! I don't want the star wars cops to throw me in cell block 1138.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

game this week?

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

No game tonight. I have a trial on Tuesday that I thought was getting moved. Surprise, it didn't. So I got to cram and meet with witnesses today.

Demiurge
Red Cap

Post by Demiurge »

My computer died this morning anyway. :(
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

:( I cold have played today, since my face to face game had to play last night, instead of today.

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

So, I spent my weekend sweating bullets over late trial prep., did not sleep will for 4 nights, went to trial, and ..... the case settled 15 minutes before we would have started testimony.

Trial is exciting, stressful, and engaging. It sucks to put effort in and then have it be for nothing. I feel like a deflated balloon. :|

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

I don't know how many times I've had the football pulled from me at the last minute, pulling all nighters, delivering, then someone saying "Oh, maybe this can wait after all" or "We decided to go a different way." Part of the job I guess. In the end, you still learned something, saw you could push your limits, got something out of it. You probably would have rocked it, but I guess you'll never know until the next time. The big pity here is you just came off that workshop stuff you were doing and it's fresh in your mind, it would have been nice to bring that to bear.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

If there is a game tomorrow there is a very good chance I can play as well. I'll update as I find out.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

nwelte1 wrote:So, I spent my weekend sweating bullets over late trial prep., did not sleep will for 4 nights, went to trial, and ..... the case settled 15 minutes before we would have started testimony.

Trial is exciting, stressful, and engaging. It sucks to put effort in and then have it be for nothing. I feel like a deflated balloon. :|
Did you get paid?

Well, all good then ;)

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Treebore wrote:If there is a game tomorrow there is a very good chance I can play as well. I'll update as I find out.
I don't think there is a game. That's one of the problems with an every other week game, if you miss a couple, no one can remember when the next session is