quattro-pro monster spreadsheet

Within are to be writ the tales of daring and adventure of those who have placed themselves on the path of glory. Share your exploits with other Castlers & Crusaders!
Alder

quattro-pro monster spreadsheet

Post by Alder »

Hi, everyone!

To help me in developing wilderness scenarios, I made a quattro-pro spreadsheet of all the monsters in M&T. It lists them by name, hit dice, alignment, and then has columns for various terrains: arctic, city, desert, forest, hill/scrub, jungle, mountain, plains, ruins, swamps, underground, and water. For each terrain, I put "c" if that's where the critter is commonly found, "r" if it is rare, "u" if it is unnatural, i.e. creatures that only come to the mortal plane when summoned, or "x" if the creature doesn't live there.

That way, I can sort by the column for the terrain where the adventure will take place, with a secondary sort by hit dice. That way, I get all the creatures ordinarily found in, say, a tropical jungle, and all the creatures with hit dice roughly appropriate for the player level, at a glance. If anyone wants a copy, just drop me a line. It's alderwanderer at yahoo.

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Great idea, seems very useful but what is quattro-pro? Will Excel 07 open it?

Margrave and Knight of Portlandia
Castles & Crusades Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yeah, what do you need to own in order to use it?

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Steerpike
Red Cap

Post by Steerpike »

Ah, Quattro Pro...an old Borland spreadsheet program. I think Corel owns it now. Haven't used it in a long time (probably 1993 or so), but I'm sure there are still new versions being released.

Alder

Post by Alder »

Yep, I have both excel and quattro-pro on my computer (it's an older model, what can I say). I'm pretty sure the later excel versions could open this document.

I can't believe my post was stickied. I feel so honored! I'd like to thank the academy... (the mage's academy, which one did you think I meant)

Alder

Post by Alder »

Oh, never mind. I thought I saw a stiky icon.

Arazmus
Ulthal

Post by Arazmus »

Alder wrote:
Oh, never mind. I thought I saw a stiky icon.

ewww...sticky

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Im not sure if Alder even hangs out on these boards anymore, so you might be sticky all by yourself arazmus.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Arazmus
Ulthal

Post by Arazmus »

Breakdaddy wrote:
Im not sure if Alder even hangs out on these boards anymore, so you might be sticky all by yourself arazmus.

Even worse.