A1 - Those Crazy Goblins

Within are to be writ the tales of daring and adventure of those who have placed themselves on the path of glory. Share your exploits with other Castlers & Crusaders!
alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

A1 - Those Crazy Goblins

Post by alcyone »

I started running A1 last night. 3 of the players had done Rising Knight, and one was new. We had a druid, fighter/wizard/assassin, knight, and barbarian.

Everything went pretty well, I had tie ins for the knight; his lord owed a debt to Clement, and the fighter/wizard/assassin had a solo quest previously that also got him access to the keep. The druid did her own thing, training her new animal companion at the Great Oak.

Incidentally, I decided to have them meet at the great oak for the first day of the Feast of Unmaking, and Volkmar gave a speech at the oak to a pretty large crowd of people from surrounding communities.

We'd been roleplaying a while with no real action though, and it was getting late and people were fading. So I pulled something silly and had a boat of goblins row toward the oak while their archers started arcing arrows randomly into the crowd.

This bit of goblin terrorism gave the barbarian all the reason he needed to flip out and swim all out toward the boat to tip it over and rend them to bits, which he did with his primeval ability.

Everyone had fun, though now I have to explain why these goblins thought they could pull such a thing off.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

that sounds sweet!

maybe they're berzekers, or just drunk goblins, or in a religious ecstacy and didn't really think it thru.

i mean, maybe they didn't think the people could swim, they had archers and some good strategy, they just didn't expect a berzerker to swim out and clobber them... what's to explain?

develop a pattern when the pc's who's players ask too many questions get random orcs picking fights with them.
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

It was simply a drift by shooting.

Baron Grignak Hammerhand of the Pacifica Provinces-

High Warden of the Castles & Crusades Society
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Go0gleplex wrote:
It was simply a drift by shooting.

Their goblins, they figured since they can't swim no one else can.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Re: A1 - Those Crazy Goblins

Post by CKDad »

Aergraith wrote:
...though now I have to explain why these goblins thought they could pull such a thing off.

They ran afoul of some fey, who charmed them.

That or magic mushrooms!