View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Ne'er-do-Wells' AA Masque of the Red Death 
Greater Lore Drake

Post Ne'er-do-Wells' AA Masque of the Red Death
30 Sept 2019 - It always starts on a train

Characters
Father Sean O'Malley - Demon Hunter
Mr Gerard Doyle - Raider
Colton - Gun slinger

O'Malley & Doyel, After traveling through Scotland, England & France end up in Toulouse France needing to travel to Berlin Germany - to hand deliver a letter to a Dr James Lallard

O'Malley - now has a contact in London & Parris / successfully researched information in Scotland, Parris and Toulouse
Doyel - now has a contact in London Paris & Toulouse / successfully researched information in Scotland London Paris & Toulouse

Colton, After traveling through England, Parris, Spain, and Southern France is also in Toulouse France traveling to Berlin
*** Need to make Cha checks to see if he made any contacts

The train ride to Berlin will take 31 hours plus time at various stops - total of over 2 days

O'Malley & Doyel meet Colton - the only other American on the train at least only one in 2nd class section.

Also meet

Mr Jarslav Hugo Masek - German finder of antiquities

Captain Ernst Siskovis - German (Saxon) Army officer / currier

Joseph Roy Laudon – corpulent German banker

Joseph & Alice Estra Weiss – Newly wed

Unknown name - Black bushy beard - overly interested in any other passenger with a currier bag

Unknown name - associate of above - Indistinct nationality

Unknown name - overly energetic in talking - Frenchman

Faced

Unknown - bulbous monkey like creature with poisonous tail and chameleon abilities

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:41 pm
Ulthal

Post Re: Ne'er-do-Wells' AA Masque of the Red Death
Great session Les! I'm still wondering about the "snake" and what it put in that drink...

Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:27 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Thanks glad you liked it.

I'm not sure I didn't bite off more than I can chew in doing a Poeish horror flavored game. I didn't think it would be that hard to keep it a creepy feel, but boy what sounds easy while you are reading Poe or Victorian Vampyre stories sure isn't easy in the RPG, at least not for me

However, with your 'snake and what it put in the drink' I at least hit the mark on that.

Once you make it out of story 1 into story 2, if you all haven't figured it out on your own, I'll let you know then. :twisted:

As a reminder if any of you all write your own recaps and takes on what happened, you'll get extra fate points, or extra exp to put to buying additional 'generic class abilities' (form a limited choice of them) or skill packages. It will be slower than normal (since it is a horror/Poe game instead of a standard fantasy game) but it will be a good way to give you all a bonus for the write ups without flooding a character with extra exp who happens to have extra time to do write ups.

C&C Society

Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:09 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Sorry about the com issues last night. Still not sure what the issue was. However, after we wrapped up the game I tried to open my e-mail and it was slow on that too. So, it wasn't a discord issue .... stupid Okie internet provider !

That said, planned on getting further, but with the coms issue maybe it was better we didn't. I'd hat to been in the middle of the fight with those coms issues !

For the recap - 7 October 2019 - Story 1 - It always starts on a train - part b

More information was gathered

Mr Jarslav Hugo Masek - German finder of antiquities
- slips into using past negative tense when he mentions a possible future event he implies he looks forward to.
- Finder of antiquities for the University of Berlin
- Is originally from Blansko (a Town in Moravian, Czech, Austria) and well educated in the University of Prague
- Sister Adelaid Masek - 17 year old - exceptional & intelligent - assisting Dr Jindrich Wankel in his archeological and cave exploration in and around Blansko - hasn't seen his sister in over 6 months
- Fiance - Yvetta (did not hear last name) - assisting Dr Wankel in his medical clinic - nickname for her is "Blond Angle"
- Dr Jindrich Wankel - in the Village of Blansko, is both a medical physician operating a clinic in the village and uses it to train medical Drs after their university work is finished, is the leader in the area for archeological mineral digs in the area, some months ago had some unknown exceptionally large find.
- Is himself Catholic

Captain Ernst Siskovis - German (Saxon) Army officer / currier
- Is an officer originally trained as a Light Cavalry officer
- Is form an influential important family but from the hinterlands of Saxony
- was reassigned as a currier and has been in N Spain / S France (Basque region) on a mixed work / holiday assignment
- Is actually an honest open friendly person
- Is more proud of being Saxon than German
- Dislikes French, especially argumentative hate spewing ones
- Has started an acquaintance with Masek

Joseph & Alice Estra Weiss – Newly weds -
- 2 weeks in S France on honeymoon
- Joseph's father is a professor of engineering and mathematics in the University of Berlin
- Joseph has recently finished his undergraduate studies at the University of Berlin
- and (thanks to the help of his father) received a position as an assistant professorship and teacher's assistant
- Estra is a Jewess

Unknown name - Black bushy beard - overly interested in any other passenger with a currier bag

Unknown name - associate of above - Indistinct nationality -
** the 2 have narrowed down their focus to the individuals of the group, Masek, Siskovis, and 2 other German travelers in their mid 20s to early 30s.

Édouard Drumont – - overly energetic in talking - Frenchman
- Newspaperman – Anti-Capitalism, Anti Jew – Pro Catholic & Government control
- Argued with Father Sean O'Malley when he did not agree with Drumont's anti-Semitism
- Is spending free time with Bushy Beard and his Acquaintance

bulbous monkey like creature with poisonous tail and chameleon abilities - figured out successfully it is an imp - developed a fanatical desire to hunt it down and trap it - it has thus far avoided been overtly seen and seems to be avoiding the inside of the lounge car at the least.

The Train has in the night turned to the East and is now traversing the foot hills to the N of the Alps

C&C Society

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]