Switch to full style
Within are to be writ the tales of daring and adventure of those who have placed themselves on the path of glory. Share your exploits with other Castlers & Crusaders!
Post a reply

My First Adventure!

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:39 am

Greetings, I am Warlex the Wizard!

During my first adventure, I managed to kill my first gnoll with a swift staffing straight to his crotch. Once my spells are all used up for the day, my bloodthirst gets ahold of me, and my inner melee-wizard is released!

I hope to bring tale of many more heroic exploits, stay tuned.

Re: My First Adventure!

Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:12 am

I like it. Did you play The Rising Knight adventure by chance?

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:40 am

Welcome to the crusade!

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:00 pm

NUTSHOT!

~O

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:16 pm

Welcome!

Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:46 am

Good on ya; a real wizard's not afraid to go toe-to-toe when the fireworks run dry. Gandalf didn't wear Glamdring to be fancy.

Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:14 am

Aergraith wrote:Good on ya; a real wizard's not afraid to go toe-to-toe when the fireworks run dry. Gandalf didn't wear Glamdring to be fancy.

Gandalf swung Glamdring like a friggin' samurai!

Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:06 pm

I played a Wizard in a Labyrinth Lord game last year. Only being able to cast one spell per day meant you had to do alot of "improvising". It was either hide behind the fighter like a scared little girl or man up and swing your staff like there was no tomorrow. I chose the latter, and for a while, held my own. That was untill some kobolds got the jump on us and one of them scored a critical hit on my poor magic-user. Gotta love first level in old school games; it really keeps you on the edge of your seat. :)

Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:17 pm

Yep, I'm with DeadReborn and the rest on this: it is, in my opinion,
heroic fantasy, so be heroic. (Unless, of course, your
character's personality doesn't lean that way; but if that's the case,
why is he/she out there adventuring?)

Oh, and again, congratulations on the nutshot...why am I suddenly
reminded of grammar school...?

Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:14 pm

After choosing wizard I was a bit miffed to find I couldn't just spam my spells, but luckily my character is bloodthirsty enough to run in Leeroy style.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Well, raid enough wizards' towers and you are bound to find a wand sooner or later. Then you can spam to your heart's content, or until the charges run out.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:30 pm

WAND?!?!

What is this wand you speak of? Where can I read about how one works?
Post a reply