Rune Lore and "The Land without Gods"

The Worlds of Aihrde (Erde), Inzae, their history, game play and more.
Kayolan
Lore Drake

Rune Lore and "The Land without Gods"

Post by Kayolan »

Didn't realize that this tome greatly expands upon the Gottland region. In addition to a chapter describing it, several adventures for the area are included, each further detailing the setting. It's actually more of a campaign resource for Aihrde than anything else.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Rune Lore and "The Land without Gods"

Post by Tadhg »

Interesting.

I have the d20 Winter Runes and love it. The double sided map of the Gottland is one of the coolest maps I have ever seen. Each side (of the same area) is rendered by a different artist (I think) ~ one is a north to south view and the other is the opposite. Really, very nicely done.

Anyway, I see Rune Lore is 144 pages vs. Winter Runes 80 pgs.

I assume maps and dungeon drawings are in the book . . how are they?

Thanks, Kayo!

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Rhuvein wrote:Interesting.

I have the d20 Winter Runes and love it. The double sided map of the Gottland is one of the coolest maps I have ever seen. Each side (of the same area) is rendered by a different artist (I think) ~ one is a north to south view and the other is the opposite. Really, very nicely done.

Thanks, Kayo!

Well, they look good, clean, usable, nice-sized maps. I've never seen Winter Runes so I can't really compare them to the originals. The map of Gottland looks like it is a portion of the latest Aihrde color map only it's more detailed? (not sure at the moment as I don't have it in front of me). There are 16 short adventures/encounter areas in the book, not sure if that boosted the page count.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Kayolan wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:Interesting.

Thanks, Kayo!

Well, they look good, clean, usable, nice-sized maps. I've never seen Winter Runes so I can't really compare them to the originals. The map of Gottland looks like it is a portion of the latest Aihrde color map only it's more detailed? (not sure at the moment as I don't have it in front of me). There are 16 short adventures/encounter areas in the book, not sure if that boosted the page count.
Cool, thanks for the reply.

I'm will buy this at some point, but the price is a bit high. I'll watch for a damaged copy.

:P

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rhuvein wrote: I'm will buy this at some point, but the price is a bit high. I'll watch for a damaged copy.

Yeah, books that are so damaged you have to look really hard to even find it. At least in my experience with the damaged books I have bought.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Treebore wrote:
Rhuvein wrote: I'm will buy this at some point, but the price is a bit high. I'll watch for a damaged copy.

Yeah, books that are so damaged you have to look really hard to even find it. At least in my experience with the damaged books I have bought.
Yep, it's a great way to buy them!

Although, the new Codex of Aihrde "damaged" book is $25.00.

Which leads me to ask, is the undamaged CoA really worth $50.00 ??? Wow!!

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Rhuvein wrote:
Treebore wrote:

Yep, it's a great way to buy them!

Although, the new Codex of Aihrde "damaged" book is $25.00.

Which leads me to ask, is the undamaged CoA really worth $50.00 ??? Wow!!
From what I've seen yes, though I haven't gotten my hands on a physical copy. I think it also comes with a full color map :?:

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Found out that the Codex of Aihrde does in fact come with a full color fold out map that is attached to the inside back cover, easily removed.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Kayolan wrote:Found out that the Codex of Aihrde does in fact come with a full color fold out map that is attached to the inside back cover, easily removed.
Thanks, that's good to know. I'd say a good map is essential!