Codex of Aihrde for an Ennie in 2016?

The Worlds of Aihrde (Erde), Inzae, their history, game play and more.
rom90125
Red Cap

Codex of Aihrde for an Ennie in 2016?

Post by rom90125 »

Although I am still in the first pages of the Codex, I'm already finding myself of the opinion that CoA should be considered for Ennie at GenCon 2016. This book is nothing short of amazing. While many may scoff at the notion of TLG actively pursuing an industry award, I think it would be a fantastic opportunity to market C&C and potentially bring in players that might not have otherwise taken the time to look at TLG or C&C...
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

Omote
Battle Stag

Re: Codex of Aihrde for an Ennie in 2016?

Post by Omote »

I agree with this. It really is something fantastic.

~⊙
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Definitely the book to give it a go. I know some years ago, they Trolls had a book or module up for Ennie consideration and I think it did well (may have even placed), but I can't remember which book/mod it was.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

The Trolls really don't like supporting the ENnies, but maybe they will change their mind for this one... if you want them to know you wish them to change their mind, e-mail them, odds are they will never see this forum thread. Let them know they can now just submit PDF's, I don't think physical copies are required any more. At least tell them to see if the submission rules have changed on this.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Of course, if it goes up against Death and Taxes, I don't think they will win Gold. Odds are Zach will wait until next year, though, when he releases for the far more popular Pathfinder, right now only the OSR version is out. So they have a shot at Gold as far as I know.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Oh, yeah, thats the main reason he Trolls don't support the ENnies, its pretty much just a popularity contest, and since C&C is still not a competitor with the main stream guys, like WOTC, Paizo, etc... the odds of us C&C fans out voting fans of Pathfinder, etc... are slim to begin with...

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Agree with Rom . . but yeah, as Tree says. :)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

Just my two cents but I put no stock in the Ennies. Just because they say "Hey this is awesome" is no motivation for me to run out and buy it. Too much of the stuff just does not strike me as award worthy. On the other hand I do pay attention to some of the Boardgame awards though because when they award a game the "GOTY" award, I know I should at least give it a play.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I primarily use the ENnies as a "Whats out there that may be worth checking out?" kind of thing. However, I do think most of what they give awards to and give Honorable Mentions to are worthy of consideration. Now if it will end up being something any given gamer will like? There is never any guarantee of that. At the very least, if it gets a mention or award, you can rest assured the production values are pretty good. So it, in combination with the ad for the game, and a couple of reviews, helps me decide if I want to spend money on it.

That all said, in recent years I have rarely agreed with their top winners. Like last year, or was it the year before? I thought Whisper and Venom should have won RPG product of the year.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I seem to recall that Savage Worlds (Pinnacle Entertainment) has faired well at the Ennie's. Also, Pulp Hero (Hero System 2005) won a silver. I wouldn't say that HERO System was among the elite. Still yet, I don't put a lot into the Ennie's. Either way, at least we all agree that Codex of Aihrde is a great book.

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

I certainly agree with general opinion that this is a great book. I wish I has a way to get it in front of more people so they could see that. I think that some people may still find the editing a bit annoying but the content is so well thought out. My only problem is actually trying to figure out pronunciation for a lot of the terms used. Also I did not know that Savage worlds was in the Ennies. That is one of my go to systems today for a lot of things. Maybe I need to reevaluate the ennies. Perhaps I have been to critical.