View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
C&C Condensed version 
Hlobane Orc

Post C&C Condensed version
I am looking for an easy introductory book for a player to C&C so they can DM. I am wondering about the condensed version since it seems I'll either give them that or the C&C box so they have M&T as well as other rules.

They don't want to read much, so I'm leaning towards the condensed version, plus it sounds as if I'll have more options to play in classes (this will actually be the second C&C game I'll be in if I can convince my wife-the person I'm getting this for-to actually DM/CK it).

Which classes and monsters are in the condensed version, and how newbie friendly is it to read as compared to the full versions or the white box?

Also, since it looks like I might have to get a module or two as well to help her along, and I noted the condensed version has maps to A1 and A2, how compatible is it with those two modules?

Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:39 am
Lore Drake

The condensed version has sections cut from the PH and M&T and comes with its own mini-module (The Rising Knight). I started with the condensed version then a couple weeks later bought the PH and M&T because as a CK I wanted more critters and needed the magic item info.

Personally, I recommend getting her the PH and the M&T right off the bat.

Brian Miller

Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:26 am
Mogrl

Yes, as long as one of you likes C&C get the books off the bat. Your wife sounds like my wife, "something simple to tell a story with".

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:34 am
Battle Stag

Not trying to bash the awesome guys at TLG, but overall I think C&C Condensed is not all that great. There is too little information from the MONSTERS & TREASURES boom in my opinion.

That's not to say C&C CONSENSED is bad, the Rising Knight adventure is fun, and all that you'll ever need to play C&C is included but the PHB and the M&T combo is just flat out better.

....................................Omote

FPQ

Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]