View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:49 am



Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Darn You Troll Lords... 
Author Message
Maukling
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 5284
Location: East Texas
Post Darn You Troll Lords...
and Goodman Games.

I got Shadows of the Halfling Hall, Dark Chateau, The Mysterious Tower, Fingers of the Forsaken Hand and Palace of Shadows today and will now be awake far longer than I should tonight soaking in all this modulely goodness.

You guys definately put out some quality work, C&C has managed to let me recapture those early years of my gaming where I was far less jaded and everything was still exciting.

Some initial thoughts on my recently aquired treasures:

Shadows of the Halfling Hall: This will definately be seeing use in my game in the very near future. I love it.

Dark Chateau: Only had a chance to flip through this one but the art is amazing.

I even got a copy of the Greyhawk City of Skulls module (which is something I've been wanting to pick up for awhile now) but it is still sitting untouched in the shrinkwrap as I read over the C&C stuff.
So yes Troll Lords...Darn you for depriving me of sleep while I read through your nifty products.

Oh well, sleep is overated anyways.


Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:52 am
Profile
Mogrl

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 20660
Location: Arizona and St Louis
Post 
Especially on a work night.

_________________
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.


Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:14 am
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10769
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post Re: Darn You Troll Lords...
Quote:
DangerDwarf wrote:
So yes Troll Lords...Darn you for depriving me of sleep while I read through your nifty products.



LOL. Yep, we now have lots of excellent modules available and more on the way. Great times for Castle Keepers (and players)!
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:55 pm
Profile
Unkbartig

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 885
Post Re: Darn You Troll Lords...
Quote:
DangerDwarf wrote:
Some initial thoughts on my recently aquired treasures:

Shadows of the Halfling Hall: This will definately be seeing use in my game in the very near future. I love it.



Damn, but you guys are great for a writer's ego!
Thanks, and let us know how the modules play out!
_________________
Always remember, as a first principle of all D&D: playing BtB is not now, never was and never will be old school.- Tim Kask, Dragonsfoot


Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:08 pm
Profile
Mist Elf

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 45
Location: Portland, OR
Post 
I'm another C&C maniac who now owns EVERYTHING that has been released (including the PDFs, Crusader magazines, the collector's box set, etc., etc.) I can't stop myself!!!

~Ogma


Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:07 pm
Profile
Mogrl

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 20660
Location: Arizona and St Louis
Post 
Poor, poor, addict. No. I really mean poor! Do you even have money for food?

_________________
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.


Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:35 pm
Profile
Mist Elf

Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 45
Location: Portland, OR
Post 
Quote:
Treebore wrote:
Poor, poor, addict. No. I really mean poor! Do you even have money for food?



Well, the PDFs are cheap, the freebies are free and the other products have been released over months/years... Definitely easy to afford it all. Now, if stuff starts coming out faster, I might be in trouble... Nah, who am I kiddin'... I'd still buy it all!!!

~Ogma


Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:35 am
Profile
Maukling
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 5284
Location: East Texas
Post 
Quote:
Treebore wrote:
Poor, poor, addict. No. I really mean poor! Do you even have money for food?



A character with 2 weeks of rations counts though, doesn't it?


Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:02 am
Profile
Red Cap

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 358
Post 
Hope you enjoy Palace of Shadows-- I penned that one myself, though I believe the editing left something to be desired. Some of the maps are missing and the monster stat blocks are missing some crucial information for the sake of brevity, I suppose. You'll need the M&T to run it (I did when I ran it at Kubla Con and I was the author!)
_________________
Basic Action Games http://www.bashrpg.com

Check us out for free demos and downloads or visit us onFacebook.


Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:22 pm
Profile
Mogrl

Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:00 am
Posts: 13806
Post 
Quote:
Quote:
You'll need the M&T to run it



I don't need M&T. Oh, wait... yeah, that's right. Sorry.

Interesting module, though.


Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:58 pm
Profile
Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 1026
Post 
Quote:
serleran wrote:
I don't need M&T. Oh, wait... yeah, that's right. Sorry.

Interesting module, though.



Dude, you ARE M&T...therefore they need you to run it.

Brian Miller

"I think therefore I'm confused."
_________________
"The adventure continues"

_________________
Promoting C&C at Gary Con and LGGC since 2005.


Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:10 pm
Profile
Hlobane Orc

Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 196
Post 
Quote:
BASH MAN wrote:
Hope you enjoy Palace of Shadows-- I penned that one myself, though I believe the editing left something to be desired. Some of the maps are missing and the monster stat blocks are missing some crucial information for the sake of brevity, I suppose. You'll need the M&T to run it (I did when I ran it at Kubla Con and I was the author!)



I just bought that module.. darn ! So if there are some missing bits do you suppose you could post them somewhere so we could download it?

Cheers

IMP


Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:07 pm
Profile
Red Cap

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 223
Post 
I own the 'Palace of Shadows' (pdf version) and I think it looks quite good so far, although I haven't read it carefully yet.

Quote:
BASH MAN wrote:
Hope you enjoy Palace of Shadows-- I penned that one myself, though I believe the editing left something to be desired. Some of the maps are missing and the monster stat blocks are missing some crucial information for the sake of brevity, I suppose. You'll need the M&T to run it (I did when I ran it at Kubla Con and I was the author!)



Missing maps!
What maps are missing, and will they be made available to download?


Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:54 pm
Profile
Red Cap

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 233
Post 
Quote:
BASH MAN wrote:
Hope you enjoy Palace of Shadows-- I penned that one myself



I've only read through it, but I loved it. Can't wait to try it out, it is very reminiscent of some of the older TSR "gimmicky dungeon" modules, like White Plume Mountain. Good work and I can't wait to see your next one!


Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:04 am
Profile
Cleric of Zagyg
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 10769
Location: Somewhere in Time
Post 
Quote:
Akrasia wrote:
I own the 'Palace of Shadows' (pdf version) and I think it looks quite good so far, although I haven't read it carefully yet.


Missing maps!
What maps are missing, and will they be made available to download?



Yes indeed. Inquiring minds want to know!
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth


Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:46 am
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 am
Posts: 3232
Post Re: Darn You Troll Lords...
Quote:
DangerDwarf wrote:
and Goodman Games.

I got Shadows of the Halfling Hall, Dark Chateau, The Mysterious Tower, Fingers of the Forsaken Hand and Palace of Shadows today and will now be awake far longer than I should tonight soaking in all this modulely goodness.

You guys definately put out some quality work, C&C has managed to let me recapture those early years of my gaming where I was far less jaded and everything was still exciting.

Some initial thoughts on my recently aquired treasures:

Shadows of the Halfling Hall: This will definately be seeing use in my game in the very near future. I love it.

Dark Chateau: Only had a chance to flip through this one but the art is amazing.

I even got a copy of the Greyhawk City of Skulls module (which is something I've been wanting to pick up for awhile now) but it is still sitting untouched in the shrinkwrap as I read over the C&C stuff.
So yes Troll Lords...Darn you for depriving me of sleep while I read through your nifty products.

Oh well, sleep is overated anyways.



Thanks for all the kind words! We have even more coming your way. I just hollered at Mike about my next module! Where is it Seig? Eh? Bring it on boyo!
Steve
_________________
The High Lord, Coburg the Undying

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
troll@trolllord.com

_________________
_____________________________
He Who Sits on the Elephants Back
The Troll Lord
Steve Chenault, President & CEO of Chenault & Gray Publishing, Troll Lord Games


Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:13 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.