View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
L3 - Deep Dwarven Delve 
Red Cap

Post L3 - Deep Dwarven Delve
I'll be starting a Lendore Isles campaign next week, and I was wondering if anyone has played through L3. What did you think of it? I've read that it's not actually Mr. Lakofka's original work because some bumbler at TSR lost it in the mail room, but if it's a solid enough dungeon crawl, my players won't mind too much.

I have another question that may be more important, actually. Is there anywhere that I can buy a legal pdf of this adventure? Or is there a reason that it has not been released in pdf form?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:25 am
Cleric of Zagyg

Interesting. Are you going to run L1 and L2 first?

L2 is in PDF, but I haven't seen L3 yet.

I hope we all get a chance to see L4, which is supposed to be nearing completion.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:42 pm
Battle Stag

It seems like L4 has been in the works for soooooo long now. I understand why, but... sooooooooo loooong.
........................................Omote

FPQ

Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Red Cap

I was thinking of starting off by running the L series straight through. I have L1, and I've downloaded L2 from the WoTC site. I've also heard the rumors about L4 coming out, but I doubt it will be any time soon.

There's also a Lendore Isles adventure in Dungeon Magazine, issue #71, called "Priestly Secrets." Has anyone played through that one? It's certainly easier to get my hands on a Dungeon Magazine back issue than L3 from the Silver Anniversary set!

Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:05 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

Hmm, yeah. For awhile there, L3 was being ripped out of the Silver boxed set and sold separately for ridiculous amounts that were more than the boxed set.
I'm going to have to read through L3 this weekend.

Incidentally, L5 is in progress too!

Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:03 am
Ungern

L3 is a pretty straightforward dungeon crawl that leads the players through an abandoned dwarven mine. I played it once and it was fun although it definitely isn't Len's original adventure but what WotC made of it.

Being part of the crew that helped Len with L4 and L5, I can say the following: L4 is ready and done but is still in the stage of proofreading, mainly because there's only one proofreader involved and, since everything is voluntary work, the good man has to do it in between real life issues and everything else. We all hope that it will be released this year though....
L5 is still in the making and, considering the slow progress that L4 makes, will certainly not be published until next year and possibly even later because it is HUGE and will most likely be a two-part release with a sourcebook and the adventure itself.

So all I can say is: Be patient, people. Everyone involved is doing the best he can to finally present a satisfying result.

Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:21 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

Excellent! Thanks for the update, SirClarence.

Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:13 pm
Red Cap

How can I get all these adventures? I'd like to run through these with my group.

The WoTC site?

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:47 am
Red Cap

Thanks for the information, Clu. We wait with bated breath.

Daddy, L2 is available at the Wizards' site here: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp? ... x20001229b

Somehow I have an old copy of L1 in my collection, but I usually get most of my stuff at rpgnow. Here's a link: http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... s_id=1091&

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a legal pdf of L3 - I guess it hasn't been released, and I'm not willing to spend the 80 bucks to buy one on ebay. Alas, there will be no deep dwarven delves for our heroes...

Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:10 am
Battle Stag

Good links, Tank. It's a good way to get people interested in the module series. L3 is going to be tough to find though.

.......................................Omote

FPQ

Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Mogrl

I know a serleran who can help with a pdf of L3.

To me, the most interesting part is the "history" section before the module even begins, but it doesn't have a whole lot of depth (not the module, the "history.") Otherwise, its pretty neat but I am not seeing it worth the amount people are paying for it.... its part of the Silver Anniversary Box Set. Just buy one of those, and get all kinds of neat stuff; I guess, though, some people only want the L3... whatever.

Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:11 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

daddystabz wrote:
How can I get all these adventures? I'd like to run through these with my group.

The WoTC site?

Bone Hill L1 is also at wizards, but as an RTF:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads

Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:19 pm
Battle Stag

Again, thank you Rhu. A great free resource.

................................................Omote

FPQ

Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
Mogrl

Yeah, that rtf can be easily converted to a pdf, if you get something like PrimoPDF. Good program, since it can even convert websites to pdf.

Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:31 pm
Red Cap

Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:26 pm
Mogrl

Yep. Doesn't have spyware in it, either, unlike CutePDF. And, its easy to install and use unlike that PDF999 thing.

Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:30 pm
Red Cap

I liked L1 very much and loved L2 although my players (aka Hack, Hack and Slash) did not.

L3 was very sketchy and not well-detailed. Remember that it was written by someone else based on Len's notes (I forget the details, but you'll be able to tell when you read it). I am one of those box-set splitters, but I ended up putting the set together and selling it again, as I didn't need any of the other modules in it.

It's most absolutely undeniably not worth $50. I suppose if you didn't have any of the other reprinted modules in the set and wanted hard copies the whole box together might be worth that.

BB

Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]