Death in the Treklant Placement in Aihrde? Misc notes

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
Wraith2020
Skobbit

Death in the Treklant Placement in Aihrde? Misc notes

Post by Wraith2020 »

If you had to place the locations from the Death in the Treklant series in Aihrde (i know they happen in Inzae), where would you place it?

Also, that module needs a reworking, or a good once-over as the maps and descriptions don't always line up.

Seems like they have some difficult encounters too, quite a large number of combatants as written.

What have been your experiences and thoughts on this series?

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Death in the Treklant Placement in Aihrde? Misc notes

Post by Treebore »

I played through most of it and ran the first section at a convention. We had a lot of fun. Some of the encounters were tough, but with successful use of the right magic spells, etc... they are winnable as written.

As for where to place it in Aihrde? Inside of it, in Inzae. ;)

Seriously, though. Whenever you want to switch between Inzae and Aihrde, just have them find a Ring of Brass portal, or some other kind of portal. Make it one way, or hard to use, or only work on specific dates, though, since there isn't much traffic between the two worlds.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Wraith2020
Skobbit

Post by Wraith2020 »

I don't plan on switching between Aihrde and Inzae.

I've found a few spots that should do the trick. Just to narrow it down to three.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I love the series. It has a great atmosphere ~ dark, gritty, mysterious and of course - dangerous.

I myself, if using Aihrde would place it in the Kellerward Forest - but the Darkenfold would be great as well. Heck, you could just drop the Graffenvold in the middle of the Gelderlands continent of Aihrde.

After reading this thread, I grabbed Into the Unknown Vakland to peruse as I hadn't read through these modules in some time. I think I would keep the series in Inzae.

Anyway, let us know which area of Aihrde you choose.

Good luck with your game.

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Wraith2020 wrote:I don't plan on switching between Aihrde and Inzae.

I've found a few spots that should do the trick. Just to narrow it down to three.
Yeah, let us know where you decide upon.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Just DLed By Shadows of Night from the KS! So more Inzae material!