Castles and Crusades Outpost adventure

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
bestialwarlust
Mist Elf

Castles and Crusades Outpost adventure

Post by bestialwarlust »

As I mentioned in an earlier post I've been away from C&C for a few years and I just just browsing the catalogue on drive thru and I stumbled across this adventure. Is this a C&C version of KotB? or something different? the premise and preview I read sounds intersting. Anyone here own this and what are your thoughts on it?

Omote
Battle Stag

Re: Castles and Crusades Outpost adventure

Post by Omote »

I own it, and have read it. It's not exactly like KOTB but has some similarities. Essentially, the background on how the PCs come to this lonely tower is up the CK. Any walled keep is up to the CK to add to the adventure. The party is traveling through a deep forested land dominated by strong, clan-like orcs. The closer the PCs get to the tower, the more ferocious the orcs are. There are some elves that may help, or hinder the party, but they are not always the nicest of elven-folk as they may have hidden agendas. The tower itself could be a small, fort-like place like at the Keep on the Borderlands, but the premise of this adventure is that the tower/keep is deep in a lost/forgotten land well beyond the fringes of society. In that sense, the PCs could turn the tower into their own version, or prequel to the Keep on the Borderlands. Pretty neat idea actually.

Without giving too much away, this whole adventure plays out more like a war story. It's about thwarting orc warbands, and racing to various objectives while not getting run down by the enemy.

There are lots of references to miniature play in this 15 or so page module. It's an overland, outdoors sort of adventure.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

bestialwarlust
Mist Elf

Post by bestialwarlust »

Thanks for the summary just what I was looking for.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Who is the author of this module?

Thanks, Rhu. :)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Stephen Chenault.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Omote wrote:Stephen Chenault.

~O
Thanks, Omote.

And thanks for the review/summary. Seems like the module might be good some Fields of Battle play.

And . . for a buck .35 for the PDF - ya can't go wrong.

Gonna get it!

:P
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

T1Hound
Hlobane Orc

Post by T1Hound »

I was rummaging through the forums and seen this post.

This is a great version on the Keep. http://www.pacesettergames.com/b2blonbo.html