A Series Home Town

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
Gunbunny
Mist Elf

A Series Home Town

Post by Gunbunny »

I'm working on getting things squared away to run the A series set in the Aihrde setting, and I'd like to have a good "starter" town. Something relatively low magic that fits in the area, and one that is relatively fleshed out with NPCs, businesses, etc. Is there a town that fits this bill already in the area by canon, or can someone recommend a good third party town that fits the bill?

Thanks!

Gunbunny

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: A Series Home Town

Post by Treebore »

Botkinburg.

Edit: Its in A1, and is pretty much the default "home town". When the party wants to upgrade, they typically move up to Ludensheim, which you start getting introduced to in, I think, A4, or there abouts.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Gunbunny
Mist Elf

Post by Gunbunny »

Thanks Treebore!

pawndream
Red Cap

Post by pawndream »

If you plan on starting your campaign with A0 - Rising Knight, you can also use Malforten, which is fairly well detailed in the adventure.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Another option, if you want to flesh it out yourself, is to use Hrueset, not far west from Malforten, on the river, I think of that being slightly larger than Malforten, and not directly connected to any events in the series thus far, and by the time they are in Ludensheim or Botkinburg, they have to travel a little to get there but not too far.

I did a brief writeup, but it would be cool sometime to give it a proper full treatment with map and key.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9735
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

If you can find it, I can't even find it as a PDF on Drivethru, the Trolls did a nice supplement that has several settlements/villages/small towns in it early on in their C&C days. Or maybe it is D20, and thats why I can't find it as a PDF. Anyways, if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll go pull it out and give the proper title, etc...
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Botkinburg!

A1 Assault is one of the best modules of all time!

:D
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Fosco
Mist Elf

Post by Fosco »

Treebore wrote:Ah, it was a D20 product...

http://smile.amazon.com/Cities-Settleme ... Lord+Games
Just ordered this...thanks for the tip, Tree!

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Treebore wrote:Ah, it was a D20 product...

http://smile.amazon.com/Cities-Settleme ... Lord+Games
Late to this party, but this is a sound work. Like you, I would love to see it reissued as a C&C product.
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax