Aufstrag

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
JohnD
Ungern

Aufstrag

Post by JohnD »

What is Aufstrag and which modules would a CK need to run it? Thanks.

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Aufstrag

Post by Treebore »

Aufstrag itself is not out yet.The series leading up to Aufstrag is the A series, starting with A0 The Rising Knight, the A1 Blacktooth Ridge. I think its up to A10 now, and A13 will be Aufstrag.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

It's all the way up to A12 now. Just waiting on Steve to write the damn thing.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

A10, 11 & 12 are just fantastic!

A13 should be the piece de resistance!

Early on, I believe it was going to be a 256 page hardcover. Now I'm not sure what they plan.

[Although I do know they are more than half way done and there are lots of dungeons, I think]

:D
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

JohnD
Ungern

Post by JohnD »

Ah... I didn't realize it wasn't available. Explains why I couldn't find anything about it. Has it been Kickstartered yet or is that still to come?

pawndream
Red Cap

Post by pawndream »

I believe the Aufstrag modules were stretch goals of the Codex of Aihrde Kickstarter that ran late last year.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

pawndream wrote:I believe the Aufstrag modules were stretch goals of the Codex of Aihrde Kickstarter that ran late last year.
I think it might have been the CKG kick - they mention the first 5 levels, on their main site.

Out of 21!!

Darnit, wish I contributed to the kick ~ but I can wait for the complete book.

:P

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Gallery of Souls is the third floor of fabled Aufstrag and comprises the Horned Gods dungeons, prisons, pens and cages. The dungeons served as a prison for all the lesser creatures found wanting in the eyes of Unklar. Those bound here included the good and the evil, those who bound themselves to him, but were found lacking, those who fought him, those who were innocent and whose souls were stained black. All those hauled here were chained to walls, bound in cages, thrown into pits or holes. There are large rooms and small, some connected, other isolated. Some chambers were open and governed by their occupants, the greatest of which was called simply the Bulwark. The Bulwark was often at odds with the masters of the Gallery and during the aftermath of the Brimottaut they rose in rebellion, slaying their keepers and plundering the surrounding the Gallery, releasing many of those bound there.

~Gallery of Souls, Aufstrag

From TLG Troll Dens Blog.