WW2 Fantasy

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
Beowulf
Skobbit

WW2 Fantasy

Post by Beowulf »

What would you guys think of a C&C module in a fantasy WW2 setting? It would be in a world like ours, set in the 40s, but with elves, dwarves, orcs, and magic....as well as machine guns and tanks. How does that sound?

I'm not sure what I would call it at this point, probably something with "krieg" (war) at the end...like MageKrieg.

Anybody interested in helping with such a project?

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Certainly an interesting stretch. Actually, the was an article in an OLD Dragon Magazine (which was reprinted in the Best of Dragon Magazine Vol 1 or 2) regarding something like that. I vaguely remember stats for various WWII era weapons listed in the article as well. I'd have to look it up again but maybe that might give you a bit of material to start off with.

Moriarty the Red

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

pineappleleader
Hlobane Orc

Post by pineappleleader »

moriarty777 wrote:
Certainly an interesting stretch. Actually, the was an article in an OLD Dragon Magazine (which was reprinted in the Best of Dragon Magazine Vol 1 or 2) regarding something like that. I vaguely remember stats for various WWII era weapons listed in the article as well. I'd have to look it up again but maybe that might give you a bit of material to start off with.

Moriarty the Red

It was called "Sturmgeshutz and Sorcery" by Gary Gygax in "The Strategic Review" Vol. I No. 5 Dec '75. It was reprinted in one of the "Best of Dragons" (I don't know which one).

You might also look at the "Weird War II" D20 Series by Pinnacle. It is out of print, but you still see them around.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

You could call it BlitzSiege. I'd be interested in giving some imput as time allows.

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Beowulf
Skobbit

Post by Beowulf »

BlitzSiege!!! That's AWESOME!

pineappleleader
Hlobane Orc

Post by pineappleleader »

Dungeon 97/Polyhedron 156 (double-sided magazine), March/April 2003 also had a WWII mini-game called "V for Victory". It had some character classes and weapons stats, etc..