View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Where's Botkinburg in Outremere? 
Ulthal

Post Where's Botkinburg in Outremere?
I have the cool colored Outremere map and I am wondering where Botkinburg and the Blacktooth Ridge is located on it. Anyone know?

Thanks,

Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:59 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

Post Re: Where's Botkinburg in Outremere?
Quote:
Dristram wrote:
I have the cool colored Outremere map and I am wondering where Botkinburg and the Blacktooth Ridge is located on it. Anyone know?

Thanks,

Son of a gun, I'm laughing not at you Dristram, but at your question (which, BTW is one of the best and most important questions ever posted here or the old boards), because I have and many others have been wanting the definitive answer on this.

There are some posts from Davis, Steve and myself and others with some general info on the location of BtR in Outremere.

Is the map you have, the Bunce color map?

I know Peter is working on a new Aihrde map, and I thought there was some discussion of trying to reconcile all the maps to get a precise BtR/Botkinburg location in Outremere (so hopefully, Peter will chime in if he can and give us an update).

I don't have the Bunce map where I'm at now, but I believe Botkinburg/BtR are west of the Anareef (sp?) hills on that map. That area is the one that's behind the cover art of the books and mods.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:20 am
Ulthal

heh, good to know! I don't know if I have the Bunce map, but it's a beautifully colored map with the "Lands of the Empire of Aenochia, Outremere" in the upper right of the map. But the area you mention seems to match with the maps on the books, so Im going to guess its the one.

I had been looking at every map of the area I could find, including the Codex of Erde maps, to match the maps of the Botkinburg and Ludensheim area with the rest of Outremere.

So, looking at the map, a good area seems to be between the Cumblock and the North Trunk forest. It looks a little busy in the Hypendena area.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:45 am
Ulthal

Post Re: Where's Botkinburg in Outremere?
:bump:

Quote:
Rhuvein wrote:
I know Peter is working on a new Aihrde map, and I thought there was some discussion of trying to reconcile all the maps to get a precise BtR/Botkinburg location in Outremere (so hopefully, Peter will chime in if he can and give us an update).

Any further update yet?

Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:38 pm
Mogrl

If I remember correctly Botkinburg, and its surrounding area, are actually going to be just off the east edge of the current map. At least that is what I remember Steve or Davis saying on these boards.

Personally, if you have the old colorized Erde map, I put it in the Kellerwald forest, right where that river comes out of it going north and kind of jogs to the left, and then back north.

That only works for Botkinburg and Ludensheim, and not saying Blacktooth Ridge is right there. So off the map to the right is the best place to put it.

So that is where I eventually put everything once I decided to go with the whole area map for Botkinburg and the Blacktooth Ridge, etc....

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:23 pm
Maukling

With the AWD folio out, maybe we'll be llucky and its actually on the map.

So you folks that have it, do we have an Outremere map that coincides with the A series ones now?

Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:27 pm
Ulthal

Mine should be in the mail by now (Steve?) and so I should know soon!

Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:22 am
Cleric of Zagyg

OK, got the new map and indeed we have placement of BtR.

It's north of the Northern March and Heimstadt. On the Codex map (page 164), it would be at the spot of that tree to the west of Heimstadt (yes - a little re-arranging or scale adjustment reconcilation betwee maps - heh).

The name Outremere is not present, but "New Aenochia" appears. Not sure if BtR is within New Aenochia.

For anyone using the Bunce map, my guess is BtR is at the very top or off the map. But I'll still use it to put Yggsburgh south of BtR then, maybe where the city of Agil stands. Not that important really, I may just draw my own interpretation.

The maps look great, Well Done, Peter!

Still digesting the rest of the content.

Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:34 pm
Battle Stag

I'm gad somebody else dropped the answer to the question which has been asked for the better part of 3 weeks now. Now let the NEW map questions begin...
.............................................Omote

FPQ

Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
Cleric of Zagyg

In retrospect, the original questions hasn't been answered (I mention this on another thread as well). The AWD folio may not be the product to address this question.

But maybe, the next A series mod should have a detailed map of BtR placement in Outremere/New Aenochia.

Methinks it's important to really anchor the A series and BtR into Aihrde. After all, the A series IS the flagship set of modules for C&C/Aihrde!!

Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]