View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Old version of Rising Knight? 
Ulthal

Post Old version of Rising Knight?
I just downloaded the Rising Knight and noticed it's different looking than the prior version. I was wondering if the old version was still around the snag.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:44 am
Ulthal

Never mind. I went to the old forums and found a link to the old TLG web site where I found a link to the old Rising Knight.

Is the old one the one that comes in the box set?

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:23 am
Greater Lore Drake

However, go with the new one over the old one, unless you want to be assigning third primes to every human in the adventure, since the original Rising Knight adventure only lists two primes for each human.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:05 pm
Ulthal

I'm going with the new one as I assumed since they updated the format, they would also fix any errata. But I was just curious if I got the boxed set, which format the module would be in.

FYI, I wanted the old version because I re-printed it on nice paper and the cover on photo paper. I noticed the new one's cover doesn't have the C&C logo and wanted that on the cover. Also, the old one has a back cover for me to use as well.

I'm going to be printing all my C&C .pdf download covers on photo paper to give it that module feel.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:43 pm
Greater Lore Drake

If you got the box set the books are small, being 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" in size. If I recall correctly though, The Rising Knight was never published in PDF in that size by the Trolls, the text of the adventure being reflowed into a standard size, two column format.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:25 pm
Ulthal

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:02 am
Maukling

The Rising Knight on the aformentioned link not only has erratta fixes, but some new material as well. So its actually a bit longer and more detailed than the version wot came in the boxed set.

Peter Bradley

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:15 am
Profile WWW
Cleric of Zagyg

Oh, and the map! Don't forgettttt the map. The new version has the excellent detailed map of the region!
Thanks Peter!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:39 am
Lore Drake

My version of the Rising Knight says "Volume 3 of three booklets". Do I not have the entire module? Is it the only pre-blacktooth ridge adventure module and the other two "booklets' are ,like, pre-haunted hills or something?

Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:46 am
Renegade Mage

CharlieRock wrote:
My version of the Rising Knight says "Volume 3 of three booklets". Do I not have the entire module? Is it the only pre-blacktooth ridge adventure module and the other two "booklets' are ,like, pre-haunted hills or something?

That would be because the adventure was initially included in the box set with two other books. The other two were essentially a condensed Player's Handbook and a condensed Monsters & Treasures Guide.

It's a cool set with that old school feel. I don't have myself but often consider picking it up just for fun.
http://www.trolllord.com/newsite/cnc/8000.html

Moriarty the Red

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]