View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 2:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
A0 and A1 - any differences with the new versions? 
Ungern

Post A0 and A1 - any differences with the new versions?
Howdy, folks. I have a couple questions about the new editions of the first two A series modules.

First off, I have the C&C whitebox collector's set as well as a printout of the A0 pdf that was online a few years back on the TLG site. I also have the original A1 (tan cover) as well as the pdfs for Return to Blacktooth Ridge and Back to Blacktooth Ridge. And on top of that, I also have the Umbrage Saga box set.

So my questions are: Does the new A0 module contain any new adventure content - from the original versions or the US booklet? The new version of A1 is listed as having 41 pages, much more than the original 24. Is there any new content not captured in what I have listed above?

Thanks for any insights.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:23 am
Mogrl

Post Re: A0 and A1 - any differences with the new versions?
Huh, I hadn't even noticed the higher page count. If they have added material to A-1 it sure would be nice to know.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:32 am
Skobbit

I'm not entirely sure, as I've never seen anything other than the 41 page version, but the last 10 pages in the version I've got include several other "mini-adventures" the PCs can stumble across in the Blacktooth Ridge, including a reeeeally nasty Kobold lair/tomb, a hobgoblin and his orc war band, a fey trying to kill a particular tree and owl, and a giant otter that is more than he seems finding himself caught by several bugbears.

There are several odd things about A1 though - such as mentions of several appendices that don't appear in the book, so the stats for the gold mouthpiece they find in the Red Cap lair and the ghost naga aren't in the module.

Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:08 am
Greater Lore Drake

I can't speak for A1's differences as I don't have either of the Blacktooth Ridge PDFs. I also no longer have the tan A1 since I have the latest A1 with its higher page count. While I didn't think much about it, I wonder if the expanded page count was due to incorporating those two adventures into A1?

As to A0 the PDF version and print version I believe are the same, but with a different layout. Both also correct a mistake that was present in the Collector's Edition version. The Collector's Edition version listed all humans with only two attributes as Prime instead of the three they were supposed to have.

Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:43 pm
Clang lives!

Treebore wrote:
Huh, I hadn't even noticed the higher page count. If they have added material to A-1 it sure would be nice to know.

I believe the extra content in the Umbrage Saga Blacktooth Ridge is the Return to and Back to materials. They were a PDF release several years ago to go with Assualt on Blacktooth Ridge.

R-

My Game Threads

Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:53 pm
Mogrl

Rigon wrote:
Treebore wrote:

I believe the extra content in the Umbrage Saga Blacktooth Ridge is the Return to and Back to materials. They were a PDF release several years ago to go with Assualt on Blacktooth Ridge.

R-

Ah, OK, I have the boxed set version, so I guess I do have it and just never noticed, since I still use the original.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:22 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Ding ding ding!! Rigon is correct. Give the man a cigar!

Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]