A3 - Wicked Cauldron, Missing Text question

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
Zudrak
Lore Drake

A3 - Wicked Cauldron, Missing Text question

Post by Zudrak »

I am sorry if this has been addressed before: My gaming group has just (finally!) finished A0: Rising Knight this past weekend. So, in order to have A1, A2, & A3 "ready" to be adventured in at any point and in any order, I have begun skimming the three modules with the plan of reading them whilst taking notes and then reading A4 so that Ludensheim is also available for adventure/visiting.

My question is: On Page 22 of A3: Wicked Cauldron, there is text missing. Page 21 ends with the sentence, "The pattern of zigzagging blue lines
on the wall casts a confusion spell on any who enter the room and fail a..." but page 22 does not finish it. Then at the bottom of Column 1 of page 22, there is the paragraph, "If the Witch Queen has recently passed through the mirror, she will place a curtain over the receiving mirror so that the characters see nothing. If she..." but Column 2 does not finish it. Instead, there is another cutoff sentence, ending with, "statue of the Horned One sitting prominently in the middle of it. This looks into the mirror room of Festung Akt."

Does anyone have the missing text? Or is there a corrected PDF version I can print and insert in my printed copy? My Wicked Cauldron is first printing, I think, as it has this cover:

Not this one:

I did a search for an answer here on these boards, but methinks this was perhaps covered on the "old" TLG boards.

Thanks, gamer guys and girls,
Z
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: A3 - Wicked Cauldron, Missing Text question

Post by Treebore »

I do remember have the discussion about the missing text, but cannot find anything I saved about it. I would hope the PDF has been corrected, but I don't have a newer one, but I will go to drivethru and see if I have an updated notification for it.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Both errors are still there. :( I did a fresh DL of the PDF.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Good news! The Umbrage Saga does have the missing text!

Its a WIS saving throw CL 5,

If she "has not and the characters peer through it, they will see a massive bare-stoned walled room with a statue of the Horned One sitting prominently in the middle of it. This looks into the mirror room of Festung Akt."

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Treebore wrote:Good news! The Umbrage Saga does have the missing text!

Its a WIS saving throw CL 5,

If she "has not and the characters peer through it, they will see a massive bare-stoned walled room with a statue of the Horned One sitting prominently in the middle of it. This looks into the mirror room of Festung Akt."
Awesome. Thanks, Treebore!

I'll view this tonight on my home computer and hand-write it into my print module.

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

The Trolls finally got it to where I can DL the correct updated PDF, so if its worth $5 to you...

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Treebore wrote:The Trolls finally got it to where I can DL the correct updated PDF, so if its worth $5 to you...
Actually, it very well could be. It beats lugging the mods to work in my backpack. I'd spend $5 so I can read it digitally and print out what I need, namely maps.

Thanks for the info, Treebore!

-- E. Gary Gygax

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

I also want to thank the Trolls for adding the updated PDF to RPGNow. I ordered this just now.

-- E. Gary Gygax

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Zudrak wrote:I also want to thank the Trolls for adding the updated PDF to RPGNow. I ordered this just now.
The updated PDF, as I understand what they told me, was already there. Apparently the problem was that the old one was not deleted. Which is what I kept getting routed to. I now get routed to the new one. Steve mentioned that once they were done fixing A3 they were going to see what other old PDF versions had not been deleted for the A series, so apparently the whole series should now be the newer ones with the blue covers.

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

I see. Thanks, Tb.

I rescind my earlier Troll thanks. :lol:

-- E. Gary Gygax

BoomerET
Hlobane Orc

Post by BoomerET »

I have the following from DTG, with the blue header on the first page.

A1
A2
A3

A5

A7

A9
A10
A11
A12

A4, A6 and A8 do not at least as far as I've been able to see on DTR.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

You DLed all of those and got the blue? It shows the blue cover on the site, but until the above stuff happened, the actual DL was tan for me with A3.