DA1 A Dark Journey - a couple of questions

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
Thoom
Hlobane Orc

DA1 A Dark Journey - a couple of questions

Post by Thoom »

A dark journey is a great module, if don't have it yet get it now! :)

A couple of questions for the author:

1- in room #35, there is a reference to a room on the other side of the tapestry on the east wall. I assume the tapestry is on the west wall and splits the long room in two sections?
2- room #39 refers to "the doors to room #40 disengage the traps and unlock", in room #40 no mention is made of traps on the doors. What did you have in mind? Can the doors be opened by a thief or a Knock spell?

Thanks!

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Re: DA1 A Dark Journey - a couple of questions

Post by AGNKim »

Thoom wrote:A dark journey is a great module, if don't have it yet get it now! :)

A couple of questions for the author:

1- in room #35, there is a reference to a room on the other side of the tapestry on the east wall. I assume the tapestry is on the west wall and splits the long room in two sections?
That is correct. East, west... its all the same. :)
Thoom wrote:2- room #39 refers to "the doors to room #40 disengage the traps and unlock", in room #40 no mention is made of traps on the doors. What did you have in mind? Can the doors be opened by a thief or a Knock spell?
The trap is discussed in text #36 (the illusion hands) and the map shows the doors locked. If the illusion is dealt with, a Rogue can pick as normal and a Knock spell will work as intended.

I appreciate the kind words, Thoom. It was a pleasure to write. :)

Thoom
Hlobane Orc

Post by Thoom »

Ah yes the corridor trap, I should have made the connection. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the quick answers and for the module. I'll tell you how it went when my group goes through it.

Now go write the next one in the series! ;)

Thanks!

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

Thoom wrote: Now go write the next one in the series! ;)
Working on it now :twisted:

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

Oh goody!

-Mike

Thoom
Hlobane Orc

Post by Thoom »

AGNKim wrote:
Thoom wrote: Now go write the next one in the series! ;)
Working on it now :twisted:
Great! :P

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

I picked this one up at Gen Con almost as an afterthought (I knew I was grabbing Curse of the Khan and Dark Journey was just right there in easy visual range, so my magpie "LOOKSHINYSHINY" syndrome kicked in), and have been pleasantly surprised by how much I've really enjoyed the bejeezus out it! Kudos to Kim for putting together an 'epic'-style dungeon that has such a great mix of puzzles, encounters and danger for low level parties!

I can't wait for the next C&C Campaign to spring it on my players!
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

ArgoForg wrote:... pleasantly surprised by how much I've really enjoyed the bejeezus out it!...
I'm gonna ask Steve if I can get this as the tagline for my next adventure. :lol:

Thanks, Argo

Falafel Brother
Mist Elf

Post by Falafel Brother »

On the map for the first level there are a few dead end passages with a star sign at the end of them, does the star symbol have any significance ?

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

Falafel Brother wrote:On the map for the first level there are a few dead end passages with a star sign at the end of them, does the star symbol have any significance ?
That seems to be a common question. :)

When I wrote it, those signified where keys were left for the door to the second level. I scrapped that idea since you need keys to descend to level three from level two and didn't want to repeat myself. I sent Pete my hand-drawn maps that included the marks for the keys (which had been removed from the text). So, just disregard them or make them keys for the door to level 2.