View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 5:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
A0 Rising Knight - Map questions. 
Mist Elf

Post A0 Rising Knight - Map questions.
Hey folks, getting ready to run this tonight for some folks. But I'm completely lost on the map with the pdf version.

This thing is labeled... poorly.

I assume Baelon Hake on the map is actually Baelon Nakt?

Also, the dotted lines that appear to be some sort of road. Is that supposed to be the old Imperial Road? If so what are the unlabeled larger white dots on it supposed to be? That marking is used as a location elsewhere on the map. I'm confused.

If those dotted lines ARENT the old Imperial Road... where is it on the map? Is it on the map?

Cheers!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:45 am
Greater Lore Drake

Post Re: A0 Rising Knight - Map questions.
See the excellent map Naleax made for the road names.

http://www.trolllord.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9744

I think the white dots represent communities of varying sizes, but either not relevant to the modules or even smaller than Malforten, perhaps farming communities or the manors of crusaders pledging themselves to the defense of the frontier and support of the empress.

Baleon Hake is Baleon Nakt; I think I remember something from the old-old forums.

The Old Imperial Road is hard to reconcile on the map, but the module does say the road is hard to locate and partially buried. It's on the east bank of the Drunderry (but confusingly, there is an east-west mixup in the module if I recall correctly that corresponded to another map). It goes at least as far as Fromkin's Pass, so I imagine it must cross the river at Fallow Falls and hug the ridge and then follow it north. At Fromkin's Pass, there is a stone bridge crossing the Hruesen river, and I think that marks the end of the Old Imperial Road.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:18 am
Unkbartig

The map is vague, I agree, and that is perhaps on purpose, to let the CK flesh it out for his/her world. That being said, the descriptions in the module are not well represented on the map, so I have begun to flesh it out in photoshop. I will post it when or if I ever get done with it. My ADD kicked in halfway through, so hopefully I will get back to it. lol. I have doctored it up for my campaign though, so I have added some thorpes, way temples, ruins, barrows, etc throughout the map, but others may still find it useful. I have the Old Imperial Road indicated, as well as other obscure references in the text, placed on the map and so forth. Maybe I will work on it a bit today.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:53 pm
Mist Elf

Piper did you ever get anywhere with your photoshop map?

Tue May 29, 2012 11:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]