Where are the knights in Yggsburgh?

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
madirishman
Mist Elf

Where are the knights in Yggsburgh?

Post by madirishman »

Just a nitpick...anyone else notice all of the "knights" in Yggsburgh are fighters? I mean, I can see many or even most being straight fighters, but one might think *some* of the knights would be, well, knights.

I'm still diggin' it. 8)

P

Ghul
Ulthal

Post by Ghul »

Should the Yggsburgh volume ever go to a 2nd printing, this is among the errata, I do believe.

But keep in mind that not all "knights" will be of the the C&C knight class, as knighthood is not just a class, but a distinction of nobility which the Lord Mayor can bestow upon any gentleman he so desires.

--Ghul

madirishman
Mist Elf

Post by madirishman »

True, that's why I said, "I can see many or even most being straight fighters." (Heck, I can see them being rangers or druids or wee halfling monks or inanimate carbon rods, for that matter...) It just seemed odd that absolutely none of the knights would actually be from the knight class.

Korgoth
Ungern

Post by Korgoth »

I assumed that all of the knights were actually meant to be of the Knight class.

----------

"I didn't know there would be this much talking."

Ghul
Ulthal

Post by Ghul »

I don't think Gary was aware of the C&C knight class when he was drafting CZY, as it was in development close to the same time that C&C itself was, I'm pretty sure.

Glad you are enjoying it, BTW -- it's a fantastic book. The father of the game is still at the top of his game.

--Ghul

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yes he is. A great guy too. I hope he is around for many more years. Decades, even.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Barrataria
Red Cap

Post by Barrataria »

I'm glad somebody asked this. I always assumed EGG just didn't like the class, or wanted them specifically to be fighters for some reason. Good to know that wasn't the case.

BB

phadeout
Red Cap

Post by phadeout »

You might be able to find it in a search, but back a long time ago, right after CZ came out, I asked on the forums the exact same question. Can't remember if it was the old Troll forums or Dragonfoot, but Gary himself said that the "Knights" in CZ should all have the Knight class from C&C.

Inkpot
Ulthal

Post by Inkpot »

Meh....knights are overpowered in my opinion, anyway.
Ink

C&C: Blissfully devoid of gestalt neko-hin rogue/fighter/mages!!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Inkpot wrote:
Meh....knights are overpowered in my opinion, anyway.
Ink

Only on horse back, so I find it balanced enough. The knight is definitely now worse than a Ranger getting their +8 level bonus to damage against humanoids.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Moorcrys
Red Cap

Post by Moorcrys »

When working on the Yggsburgh town modules, I was told by Gary to convert all of the fighter 'knights' in my districts to knight 'knights'. So at least as far as I know and last I was told, the fighters should be knights.

Moorcrys