View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Where are the knights in Yggsburgh? 
Mist Elf

Post Where are the knights in Yggsburgh?
Just a nitpick...anyone else notice all of the "knights" in Yggsburgh are fighters? I mean, I can see many or even most being straight fighters, but one might think *some* of the knights would be, well, knights.

I'm still diggin' it. 8)

P

Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:01 am
Ulthal

Should the Yggsburgh volume ever go to a 2nd printing, this is among the errata, I do believe.

But keep in mind that not all "knights" will be of the the C&C knight class, as knighthood is not just a class, but a distinction of nobility which the Lord Mayor can bestow upon any gentleman he so desires.

--Ghul

Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:06 am
Mist Elf

True, that's why I said, "I can see many or even most being straight fighters." (Heck, I can see them being rangers or druids or wee halfling monks or inanimate carbon rods, for that matter...) It just seemed odd that absolutely none of the knights would actually be from the knight class.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:14 am
Ungern

I assumed that all of the knights were actually meant to be of the Knight class.

----------

"I didn't know there would be this much talking."

Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:18 am
Ulthal

I don't think Gary was aware of the C&C knight class when he was drafting CZY, as it was in development close to the same time that C&C itself was, I'm pretty sure.

Glad you are enjoying it, BTW -- it's a fantastic book. The father of the game is still at the top of his game.

--Ghul

Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:23 am
Mogrl

Yes he is. A great guy too. I hope he is around for many more years. Decades, even.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:48 am
Red Cap

I'm glad somebody asked this. I always assumed EGG just didn't like the class, or wanted them specifically to be fighters for some reason. Good to know that wasn't the case.

BB

Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:26 pm
Red Cap

You might be able to find it in a search, but back a long time ago, right after CZ came out, I asked on the forums the exact same question. Can't remember if it was the old Troll forums or Dragonfoot, but Gary himself said that the "Knights" in CZ should all have the Knight class from C&C.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:34 pm
Ulthal

Meh....knights are overpowered in my opinion, anyway.
Ink

C&C: Blissfully devoid of gestalt neko-hin rogue/fighter/mages!!

Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:37 pm
Mogrl

Inkpot wrote:
Meh....knights are overpowered in my opinion, anyway.
Ink

Only on horse back, so I find it balanced enough. The knight is definitely now worse than a Ranger getting their +8 level bonus to damage against humanoids.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:09 pm
Red Cap

When working on the Yggsburgh town modules, I was told by Gary to convert all of the fighter 'knights' in my districts to knight 'knights'. So at least as far as I know and last I was told, the fighters should be knights.

Moorcrys

Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]