Ravenloft and C&C

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
rabindranath72

Ravenloft and C&C

Post by rabindranath72 »

Dear all,

here is a link that might interest many:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=pr ... /953937200

Actually, I do not plan to buy the new book (of those 224 pages, a good part will be just stat blocks), but there are many interesting ideas in the preview which can be adapted "as is" for those owning the I6 Ravenloft module (or the later 2nd edition House of Strahd).

I also got an idea: integrating Ravenloft with Haunted Highlands. The "mood" seems perfect, with Barovia a small land somewhere near the Highlands. As an example of plot hook, the PCs might get involved in the Ravenloft module after finding a piece of the Sunsword in the cairns, and the spies of Strahd might feed him information about the finding, so that he "invites" them. I have many ideas, and I am still collecting them!

I am also converting I6 to C&C, as soon as I have finished, I will post the document.

Cheers,

Antonio

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Ravenloft and C&C

Post by Tadhg »

rabindranath72 wrote:
I am also converting I6 to C&C, as soon as I have finished, I will post the document.

Cheers,

Antonio

Love to see it, Antonio - thanks.
Somewhere I saw the table of contents for this book and it did have a few interesting things, but as usual the price is too high. Besides, like you I have lots of RL stuff that I can use. In addition to I6, I10 and the red Campaign Boxed Set, I have Realms of Terror and even some stuff still in shrink - The Nightmare Lands, monstrous compendiums, et. al.

I've found a good spot in Aihrde to place Barovia and am waiting for my group to level up before trying to run I6.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Outsider73

Post by Outsider73 »

Cool idea. With Halloween approaching, I've been thinking of ways to incorporate Barovia into Aihrde. I'm not sure of its location yet. Originally, I was thinking somewhere near the Darkenfold, but I didn't know if it would make sense to have such a baronay in the Kingdom of Keomor. My other idea is north of Aufstag.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Outsider73 wrote:
Originally, I was thinking somewhere near the Darkenfold, but I didn't know if it would make sense to have such a baronay in the Kingdom of Keomor. My other idea is north of Aufstag.

I think Kayomar would be good. In addition to the Darkenfold, there are the Shelves of the Mist to the north, or the Soup Marsh to the south. All seem like a good fit for RL/Barovia.

Aufstag would be excellent as well.

I was looking at the Red Hills just east of Outremere. Somewhere (Codex or Heart of Glass) it was mentioned that vampires habitate this area and I've thought to tie RL to the Heart of Glass module, but we'll see.

Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

Omote
Battle Stag

Re: Ravenloft and C&C

Post by Omote »

rabindranath72 wrote:
I also got an idea: integrating Ravenloft with Haunted Highlands. The "mood" seems perfect, with Barovia a small land somewhere near the Highlands.

Now that's a fantastic idea. I don;t know about the new Ravenloft, but the old-school mod would work very well IMO. Of course, Haunted highlands doesn;t seem all that "gothic" in flavor, but as you metnion a distant barony or southern, more civilized land. Good idea.

........................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Outsider73

Post by Outsider73 »

Rhuvein wrote:
I think Kayomar would be good. In addition to the Darkenfold, there are the Shelves of the Mist to the north, or the Soup Marsh to the south. All seem like a good fit for RL/Barovia.

Aufstag would be excellent as well.

I was looking at the Red Hills just east of Outremere. Somewhere (Codex or Heart of Glass) it was mentioned that vampires habitate this area and I've thought to tie RL to the Heart of Glass module, but we'll see.

I've got plenty of time to come up with something. I don't even have a regular group at the moment. In the off-season, I spend a lot of time... plotting; figuring out where to fit things, so when we start back I know what kinds of clues and adventure leads to dangle.

I do like your idea about the Red Hills.

rabindranath72

Post by rabindranath72 »

I was reading about Inzae...

Gravia...Todavia...Barovia!

What a perfect fit! I found where I will put Ravenloft, at last