Magic armor second question

Where CKs swap ideas and players figure out what's coming.

Moderator: Keeper Advice Moderators

doomed_bishop
Ungern

Magic armor second question

Post by doomed_bishop »

Quote:
This applies to any item with only an enhancement bonus, including all non-special weapons and non-special armor / shields.

2) Pick something. I don't recall a formula being used for it. Lion's shield should have its effective caster level in the description; if it does not, then it must be at least 11 (minimum to create any magic item).

So, if i create i item that is in the monster & treasure the caster has to be 3 times the level of the enchentment. If it's armor that has also abilities, it's 3 times the abilities level (or enchentment if bigger).

If it's weapon or miscellaneous weapons that is in the book it's only three times the bonus ?

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Quote:
So, if i create i item that is in the monster & treasure the caster has to be 3 times the level of the enchentment.

Or 11, whichever is higher.
Quote:
If it's armor that has also abilities, it's 3 times the abilities level (or enchentment if bigger).

Yep, or 11, whichever is higher.
Quote:
If it's weapon or miscellaneous weapons that is in the book it's only three times the bonus ?

Yep, or 11, whichever is higher.

11 is the absolute minimum any caster can be to create any magic item -- the Castle Keeper can allow a magic item to be created at a lower effective level....