Controlling a sentient item

Where CKs swap ideas and players figure out what's coming.

Moderator: Keeper Advice Moderators

doomed_bishop
Ungern

Controlling a sentient item

Post by doomed_bishop »

I just have a question about the process. Well, i do not undertand the penality when you've had lost hit points. In the expample (page 91), it says that a level 12 bard have a +12 bonus on the saving throw, and if you took half of his hit points in damage, he'll now receive a +6. The problem is that i don't understand how calculate it. For instance, if the bard had loose 3/4 of his hit points, which bonus he'll have ???

Think

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: Controlling a sentient item

Post by gideon_thorne »

doomed_bishop wrote:
I just have a question about the process. Well, i do not undertand the penality when you've had lost hit points. In the expample (page 91), it says that a level 12 bard have a +12 bonus on the saving throw, and if you took half of his hit points in damage, he'll now receive a +6. The problem is that i don't understand how calculate it. For instance, if the bard had loose 3/4 of his hit points, which bonus he'll have ???

Think

Well, since half his hit points gives him a +6 a 75% loss (3/4th) would be.... +3?

Basic math.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

12 (original bonus) - [.75 (3/4th loss) * 12 (original bonus)] = 3

If he had lost only 1/4th his HP, it would be

12 - (.25 * 12) = 9.

But, yes... basic algebra.