Mirror Image and Invisability

Where CKs swap ideas and players figure out what's coming.

Moderator: Keeper Advice Moderators

Rigon
Clang lives!

Mirror Image and Invisability

Post by Rigon »

This came up in our game on Sunday night; if a character has a mirror image spell in effect and then goes invisable, do the mirror images go invisable also?

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: Mirror Image and Invisability

Post by gideon_thorne »

Rigon wrote:
This came up in our game on Sunday night; if a character has a mirror image spell in effect and then goes invisable, do the mirror images go invisable also?

R-

Well, since illusion seems to be a touch spell, I'd kinda doubt it. Unless the caster is going to run around and touch each of the images?

But why would he want too? Have them run about and dance around while the caster scoots I say.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

No, the images would not disappear. However, if the casting of invisibility is witnessed, there is a good cause for saves being allowed for both its casting and the mirror image. A similar case would be made for blink or blur as well. Illusions always work better when the target(s) don't know they're being targeted.